2013 Rav4 do you like that electric power steering? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > RAV4 Forum

RAV4 Forum Looking for RAV4 information and resources? This forum is the place.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View robs97camry's Photo Gallery
2013 Rav4 do you like that electric power steering?

I am just finding out about the electric power steering in these Rav4's. Is it as bad as I hear from some new Camry owners? Boatlike feeling, etc? Since the Rav4 is really a Camry drivetrain in a boxy vehicle I would think that with some wind you could be constantly correcting the steering wheel..
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

Gameroom cash: $115701
View brucetho's Photo Gallery
We have owned our 2013 Rav4 for about 4 months now. I really have not noticed any difference in the steering compared to our 2004 Highlander. The only difference I notice is when I switch to Sport mode on the trany. I don't know why most mfgr are switching to electric PS but I don't have a problem
brucetho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View katekebo's Photo Gallery
I have been driving a 2013 RAV4 for a couple of months and I find the steering to be OK. It's responsive and precise, and has a good feedback "feel". This is a second car with electric steering we have (my wife drives a 2010 HIghlander) and we don't have any issues or complaints about it. Both are a bit too "light" for my taste, but this is a general issue with cars intended for American market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucetho View Post
I don't know why most mfgr are switching to electric PS but I don't have a problem
It's simpler, cheaper, lighter, saves fuel and should be more durable and reliable based on the fact that there are fewer wear parts involved.
katekebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View fgf001's Photo Gallery
The electronic steering has been standard since 2006 hasn't it? It's hardly new but it still remains numb and lifeless, I sure don't like it but it is now the norm to get that last 1/4 mpg.
fgf001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > RAV4 Forum