Toyota Nation Forum banner

Swap Coil Springs for Air Springs?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  10kmistake 
#1 ·
Quick intro (as this is my first post), I live in the Oklahoma City area and we have had our 2006 Sequoia for about 2 1/2 years now. It has 212,000 miles and is still running strong. I am an aircraft mechanic by trade and love to tinker on cars. The only thing that I don't care for on the truck is the rear air ride setup. I have been searching the web for info to help me swap the OEM rear air springs for traditional coil springs without much luck. Has anyone here done this and have the details? I did find an illustrated parts breakdown for the two spring configurations and the only difference seemed to be the addition of a pair of adapter pucks along with the air springs vs. the coil springs. I am just looking to fix this once and for all while hopefully get another 100,000 miles of usage out of our Sequoia. Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
After scouring Google, I'm pretty sure you just need the upper spring seat, coil springs, and coil spring shocks (Limited shocks are significantly stiffer; too stiff for coil springs). From there you will remove your old stuff and adjust the height sensor so it reads the correct height with your new setup and avoid running the compressor.

Reactions: Jason Coffman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.