Toyota Nation Forum banner

Suggestions for stiffening springs on 2013 sequoia

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  morcguy 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm towing about 7000lbs loaded with a Reese weight distribution hitch. The sequoia tows the trailer just fine but the suspension is a bit soft and sags in the rear, and when I hit a bump is wobbles a bit. Even when not towing, the handling is a bit soft and I would like to stiffen it a bit.

I spoke to the dealer and they suggested stiffening the springs on the suspension.

would anyone have any suggestions for springs or other suspension mods?

thanks!

#2 ·
I can help you here! I have a 2013 Sequoia and have added air bags to the rear. I am amazed at the support those bags give the car…..just amazing. I put 40-60 lbs of pressure in the bags via two tire valves that were mounted by the rear license plate. Pretty fast installation……quoted and charged $400 for the full installation…..4 Wheel Parts

I regularly put about 400 lbs of tongue weight on the tow hitch, and it's super stable. You might want to consider adding a compressor to self-adjust the air bags from the cab, but I didn't do that. Hope that helps you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.