Toyota Nation Forum banner

Hawaii Taco's unite!!

58K views 341 replies 65 participants last post by  got-rice 
#1 · (Edited)
Check this out!

#283 ·
aww... i kinda figured that it wouldn't apply here, but i had hope because it had the waipahu store profile on their main page with that free shipping thing under it. :(

but yeah i'll probably drop by there one day, try to price things out. when i lifted my mini the kit and stuff was priced pretty close to what it was in the catalog. even the rims and tires so i guess it should be the same again.

i'll run that rim by the staff there to see what they say about fitment and stuff, if it's all good, i'll be placing an order :)

oh and when i had my mini i got all my alignment done at scotty's alignment in pearl city, he's quick and priced pretty good.

#289 ·
Wassap guys. I am thinking about lowering my prerunner now.

Just trying to find out who the guy is with a black sand pearl and the SOS performance drop kit. Wanted to ask him some questions. I believe he is funning 22" rims with it.

I am sure he is on TN and I seen him around Ewa/Kapolei area.

Thanks in advance.

#294 ·
itacomamike9

I lowered mine and contacted backyardballer for advice. He was very responsive. I am happy that I did mine because it handles a lot better for me since I am strictly a streeter. I am looking for new wheels but it's hard to find lightweight rims for prerunners and I need lightweight since my prerunner is being modded for street performance. feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

#295 · (Edited)
Thanks Toku! Hows the golf?

Appreciate the input Yogi! I am going street truck too with my prerunner. I have been tossing around the idea of selling my truck, but decided to change it up a bit to find new love for my tacoma. haha.

Got some pics to share?

I contacted backyardballer on CT and he was cool about answering my questions. I am going with some 22" rims and the SOS performance drop kit.

Next step is to find some stocks to run so I can take the lift off and save up for some new shoes!

BTW, anyone have stocks they wanna sell me? I don't care if they are steelies. I just need to get rid of my 33".

Thanks in advance.

#297 ·
Your picture looks very familiar to me. Do you live in the condos off hawaii kai drive? Cause I I think I met you maybe a year and a half ago when I was hanging out with my friend who lives there and you asked me about my exhaust.

#302 ·
Yogi, truck looks good!

I'm gonna try get mine from my friend from eurosport. It closed down already, but he opened another shop up in sand island. On the SOS persoance site, it says eurosport is a dealer. I might just order everything there. Didn't get to talk to him yet.
mike,

Where is your friend located on Sand Island? I am looking at centerline wheels because they are the only ones that I can find that are light (26 LBS) for a 20 inch wheel and reasonably priced. They list eurosport as a dealer.

#313 ·
Yea, I'm parked in lot A and sometimes at diamond head theater. What truck do you have maybe I've seen it?

Ross

Be glad to hook up with you. Just PM me. I need to get my traction bar installed first, because I have mean hopping problems. I am interested in what you were able to get those 4 runner rims for and where.
I'll pm you sometime soon to work something out.

#310 ·
Whats up guys! I was in your neck of the woods last week and I gotta tell ya, you guys got it made! I spent a week there and wish I coulda stayed forever! I saw a ton of Taco's from all different years and all sorts of mods. I cant wait to go back next year. I did manage to do some spearfishing with a good friend of mine named Daryl Wong. I had a great time........

#312 · (Edited)
^^^ man that's sooo cool! I met daryl once in passing. Super nice guy. Wouldn't mind pickin up a DW gun. He does some good work. You wouldn't happen to have gone with another one of Daryl's friends named Keoki, did you?that's one of my dads good friends and he spearfishes with Daryl a lot as well. Nice Ulua. Is that an Omilu you got there?

That's it, I'm diving tomorrow. That backgroung looks like diamond head area.

#314 · (Edited)
^^^ man that's sooo cool! I met daryl once in passing. Super nice guy. Wouldn't mind pickin up a DW gun. He does some good work. You wouldn't happen to have gone with another one of Daryl's friends named Keoki, did you?that's one of my dads good friends and he spearfishes with Daryl a lot as well. Nice Ulua. Is that an Omilu you got there?

That's it, I'm diving tomorrow. That backgroung looks like diamond head area.
Unfortunately not. I met David(picture) who also has a tacoma! I also met Pete who is one of Daryl's close friends and is 74YRS.OLD!!! You should see this guy diving and shooting! Amazing! It's gotta be island life, no worries.
Like I said, I cant wait to go back. Do you guys ever get together for meets? I would like to do that as well and meet some of you guys....and yeah, those ulua's are bad mo-fo's!!!

#315 ·
Good job on the Ulua! :thumbsup: I am crossing my fingers hoping it didn't have any worms and made it to your pupu and dinner plate. What a treat! My favorite is having the ulua wrapped in tin foil, stuffed with mayo, onions, capers, hawaiian salt, and home made smoked portuguese sausage... then putting it on the grille next to the steaks and opihis. :D

#317 ·
i had a question, if i wanted to run 16x10 dc-1s could i do that on my trd off road prerunner without spacers? i've seen a few trucks with that on car domain. as of right now im looking 17x9 dc-1s from 4wheelparts but if i can run 16x10s with no spacers i'd go that route.

im just hoping they won't rub too much if i stick with stockish sized tires on a 2.5 bilstein 5100 lift.

thanks!

#319 ·
i would go but you know there is going to the whole HPD at the meeting spot and all over.
garrente tickets galore will be handed out. they should make it as a gathering for a food drive or something. at least the cops will know its for a good cause. also lifted trucks will b out cruising and so will all the other racers, lowriders, and car clubs.. thats how it always will b, 1 big cruise...

#321 ·
ah its not that bad, its the one time a year that everyone really gets to show off their rides. The staging area in the morning at Kapolei is pretty good... its later in the day at China mans hat is when the cops start cracking down because of the drinking... besides, the whole HPD thing is a big hype! they only site the really illegal trucks thats lifted rediculiosly high and guys drinking (burning out). We got so much 05-09 tacos tricked out on this island... would be sweet to see a bunch of us get together that day!:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.