Toyota Nation Forum banner

Camburg UCA install. Pics.

22K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  Herms671 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
Damn, looking good man. Now go test em out and tell us how they are

#10 ·
pointerDixie214 said:
gotcha- just looked at the pics real quick and noticed that! DUH! gladit worked otu for you... 'bout how long did it take you? Probably a bit easier with that new fancy jack! HAHAHAHA
It took about 2 1/2 hours by myself. If you have help should be faster.
Yeah the jack works like a champ!!:D

#19 ·
BLACKONBLACK said:
what will an aftermarket uper control arm do for you that a stock one cant. I am new to the off road side of things and am searching for what i need and dont need in a suspension. sorry if it is a stupid question. that thing definatly looks a lot better than the stock one.
Aftermarket UCA are needed when you lift your truck 3". (I stated 3" because someone said the 2" was O.K.) In order To properly align your truck. (Mainly the caster)
If you want an affordable lift check out Toyteclifts.com
Good price on UCA's or coil overs? Wheelersoffroad.com
Wheels and tires? Discountire.com
This should keep you busy for a while!
Good luck!!

#20 ·
I installed mine the same way. Mine squeeked for the first few hundred miles. Now they're totally quiet.

One thing I'd like to add: You need to watch it when you tighten down the ball joint bolt. make sure that bottom piece of the ball isn't overlaping on top of the ball sleeve. It has a sharp edge that can get caught on that lip before everything is squeezed together and tight.

#21 · (Edited)
Pb said:
I installed mine the same way. Mine squeeked for the first few hundred miles. Now they're totally quiet.

One thing I'd like to add: You need to watch it when you tighten down the ball joint bolt. make sure that bottom piece of the ball isn't overlaping on top of the ball sleeve. It has a sharp edge that can get caught on that lip before everything is squeezed together and tight.
Yes that is why I stated to install the insert prior to attaching the spindle.
This will help avoid that from happening.
I drove around my area and there was NO squeaking. So hopefully because I filled the bushings and lubed the washers before I installed them it will be all good!

#23 ·
toku58 said:
Aftermarket UCA are needed when you lift your truck 3". (I stated 3" because someone said the 2" was O.K.) In order To properly align your truck. (Mainly the caster)
Good luck!!
I knew they were to help properly align your truck back to stock specs, but don't UCAs give you a little more suspension travel up front? Mainly up travel?

#24 ·
toku58 said:
I drove around my area and there was NO squeaking. So hopefully because I filled the bushings and lubed the washers before I installed them it will be all good!
I did the same thing, but the squeeking was coming from the ball joint. I lubed it up but it would still squeek. It stopped after a week or so. I guess it just had to loosen up a little.

#26 ·
toku58 said:
Good luck!!
so your saying the only way to get a good alignment and get rid of caster with a 3 inch lift is to get aftermarket uper control arms?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.