Toyota Nation Forum banner

Defeating seat belt alarm

85K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  William Jonson 
#1 ·
Does anyone know a quick and easyway to defeat the seat belt alarm.
My wifes FJ goes off with just a light load in the passenger seat and its
annoying.

We both wear our lap belts but the FJ's alarm is a nusciance.
I have a 07 tacoma and it never sounds off.

Thanks
Bert

#6 ·
Seat belt chime
1. Turn the ignition switch on (without starting car)
2. Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO"
3. Turn the ignition switch off
4. Turn the ignition switch on
5. Press ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds after turning the power switch ON) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
6. Continue holding the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the front drivers's side seat belt.
7. Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-off" (it will be "b-on")
8. Press the ODO/TRIP button to change the display to "b-off".
9. Turn the ignition switch off.
10. Turn the ignition switch on while depressing the brake pedal.
11. Check that no buzzer sounds when setting on the front passenger seat.

#10 ·
aquadaholic,
Your lucky... my dealership won't give me seatbelt extentions. They say that Toyota doesn't allow it they have guidelines and policies and won't get me one. My wife has MS and has a hard time doing the buckle up when she cant't see it. I just need a 6 inch extention. How do I get one? Anyone know?

#20 ·
your dealer is an a*%hole. go to another dealer. they are free. my dealer was out when i went there so they ordered them for me and shipped to to my house for free when they came in. took about 8 days.
:confused: I have been to 2 dealerships they both tell me the same thing. May be if my wife weighed 400 lbs. but having MS doesn't fall into their criteria. Toyota Canada has guidelines and policies but who can make any sense of them. Maybe I need someone in the USA to send me one. Toyota Canada doesn't seem to want to help.
I just spoke to my parts guys (I work at a Toyota store) and they are free, you just have to call and have them order it. Guess you might have to find someone or a dealership that is willing to mail them for you.
I had a customer call for one of the seat belt extenders. Before that I didn't know they were free. My boss told me it was because it is a safety issue. I work at a Detroit based car brand, it pays the bills. Even though it is one of the top dealers, we wouldn't ship the thing for free.

#12 ·
Seat Belt Extentions

:confused: I have been to 2 dealerships they both tell me the same thing. May be if my wife weighed 400 lbs. but having MS doesn't fall into their criteria. Toyota Canada has guidelines and policies but who can make any sense of them. Maybe I need someone in the USA to send me one. Toyota Canada doesn't seem to want to help.

#16 ·
I just spoke to my parts guys (I work at a Toyota store) and they are free, you just have to call and have them order it. Guess you might have to find someone or a dealership that is willing to mail them for you.

#15 · (Edited)
i was wondering were is the reciverdrier for my 07fj i looked and only found the compressor expantion valve or is it a triany switch? condenser unless the reciver is with the evapo? any one ? i also was wondering what type of compressor i have i know i ask to much but i like to know thank you!!!:)+*

#21 ·
you must have dealt with the 2 biggest a$*holes on the planet. they're free. just call toyota and tell them what jerkoffs wouldn't give them to you and that you need them. or maybe you can get some seatbelt ends from a junkyard. i dont know if any other yotas use the same ends as the fj or not.

#24 ·
I have a new 2010 Fj, anyone know how to disconnect the seatbelt buzzer. I live on a 55 acre farm and sometimes I want to drive from my house to the barn, and the Fj buzzer is the most annoying I've ever heard. And, yes I always buckle up as soon as I hit the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.