Toyota Nation Forum banner

07 Dash Rattle Noise TSB finally out

54K views 136 replies 64 participants last post by  mrfat 
#1 ·
Just an FYI. While at my local Toyota dealer yesterday to check on something with the parts department, I stopped and asked one of the service writters if there was a TSB out on the 07 Camry dash rattles in cold weather. He said he had not heard of anything, but took a look in his computer. He said one just came out on July 24th. It's TSB NV008-07. It was able to take a quick look at it and jot down the TSB number, but not get a copy of it. It calls for the removal of the upper dash and the installation of thicker felt on the 5 clips that hold the dash pad in and also the addition of some foam to the defroster ducts, speaker grills and some other areas I don't remember. It was 10 pages long. It was rated at 4-1/2 hours labor for the tech, so it's probably not possible to wait while it's being done.

Mike

#14 ·
well toyota is whack. Why?

Anything installed OUTSIDE of a TRD dealership VOIDS warranty.

If you install rims any bigger than 18 inches outside of TRD, then it voids warranty.

etc etc. Its really horrible.
Unless the dealer can prove whatever you put on a car is the cause of the problem they don't have a case. Usually they scare losers into thinking that, and then they go online and bitch about it...

#80 ·
LOL .... 8700 miles ... I wish thats all I had! I got 37000 on her now. Mine had been rattling for a while ... but I don't want some stupid hourly tech taking apart my interior and scratching it up ... you know that no flat-rate tech wants the job!

#21 ·
i adressed one of these a few weeks ago....
theres a set of plastic clips behind the dash that happen to contact a piece of plastic dash applique and need to have small foam pads inserted inbetween the clip and dash piece so they dont rub and squeak...its a time consuming fix, as the whole dash must come out and these clips fitted with the foam pads...it does however solve the noise and i suggest getting it fixed under warrenty if youre like me and this noise makes your crazy.

#22 ·
I've always worried though that when they remove the entire dash, when they put it back together it will either look worse, such as there being larger gaps in certain areas, or that doing so will create new rattles, and also the chance that they may damage the materials by removing it.

#24 ·
For what it's worth, two weeks ago when I replaced my head unit, I took a peak at what seemed to be rattling near the top front vents. When I had the top vent pulled out (the pair that has the hazard light switch on it), I looked in the back. Seems like the hazard switch pops into a hole in the vent trim and snaps into place with two plastic tabs. I could giggle the switch up and down (from the back side with the wiring). I taped the tabs down to the switch with electrical tape.

Second, tracing the wiring for the hazard switch back and through the opening, I noticed that when the wiring comes in contact with the vent duct when the trim is re-installed. I added some tape insulation around the wires to prevent them from vibrating. (Factory electrical taping stopped short of where the wires were contacting the duct).

No dash rattles since... maybe I struck gold? :confused:

#26 ·
Took my Camry SE V6 to Longo Toyota on Sunday so they could work on it on Monday morning. Called them on Monday and they said they needed the car one more day. Technician said it's alot of work and he wants to make sure all panels and electrical wiring are correctly put back together. Longo is the biggest Toyota dealer in the U.S. and prides themselves on there customer service, so I'am sure they will do a great job. Still keeping my fingers crossed

#32 ·
I got my Camry back today and it seams to solve the rattle in the dash. Thank god! It cost the dealer $91.45 in parts. It's of course the labor that would of been the killer if the consumer had this fixed after warranty was up. Hope members take care of there TSB issues before their warranty is up. I'am really happy with the results so far.

#34 ·
Agreed with Geoff, I wouldnt have any tech touch my car, especially the dash, not to mention the shortcuts some techs take just to put it back together, forgeting to put half the screws back. I've seen it all.
I'd rather trade my ride and get the 08 if that issue has been resolved on the new models. JMO.

#35 ·
I took my car to my dealer (Maita) and told him about the TSB. He printed it up for the tech. Just got a call from him. It's confirmed, they are applying the TSB. Keep your fingers crossed. I've been with this dealer for 19 yrs and they have yet to screw me.

#40 ·
Got my car back and everything works. No dash rattles. I'm a happy camper. The guys at Maita Toyota are great. I've dealt with them for 19 yrs without any problems. I would recommend them to anyone. There techs are top notch. They're willing to speak with the customer and explain any and everything. If you go there, ask for the green team.:clap:

#43 ·
Just an FYI. While at my local Toyota dealer yesterday to check on something with the parts department, I stopped and asked one of the service writters if there was a TSB out on the 07 Camry dash rattles in cold weather. He said he had not heard of anything, but took a look in his computer. He said one just came out on July 24th. It's TSB NV008-07. It was able to take a quick look at it and jot down the TSB number, but not get a copy of it. It calls for the removal of the upper dash and the installation of thicker felt on the 5 clips that hold the dash pad in and also the addition of some foam to the defroster ducts, speaker grills and some other areas I don't remember. It was 10 pages long. It was rated at 4-1/2 hours labor for the tech, so it's probably not possible to wait while it's being done.

Mike
thanks for posting this information. :)my dash rattled since i bought my 2007 camry. since you posted this and i noticed it the other day, i took my camry to the dealer and informed them of this TSB. they checked my car out and sure enough they found the rattles. they installed the anti-rattle kit per the TSB and my rattles are completely gone. the dealer did a great job of taking care of me. thanks again for posting this. this was very helpful.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.