Toyota Nation Forum banner

cab mount trimming

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TACOSALAD 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Just got my wheels finally from being backordered for 4 1/2 months and I have a question about trimming the body mount. I was wondering if I could cut the mount now and have it welded in a week. Reason being, the rub isn't to bad but I park in a parking garage that is tight. The rub would drive me nuts for those days. The guy who will do my welding can only do it friday night or early saturday. I will have the plate already cut for him to weld it on. I won't be going offroad in the interim. By the way it is a 2007 tacoma dc lb with a toy tec 3" lift, tc ucas, 17x9 xd series hoss with 4.52 back spacing and BFG at 285 70 r17. I had the alignment checked and I like where it is. Tell me what you think. Here are some pics.

some of the truck

See less See more
#4 ·
Tacosalad,
Thanks man, I was looking for that thread and hoping you or tacogrande would post. Quick question, do you remember how long the cut was from the outside edge toward the frame. Just curious. Once again thank you, because I don't think I can take that rubbing noise!

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.