Toyota Nation Forum banner

Wet Okole Pics and Installation Tips

39K views 99 replies 41 participants last post by  jernigan78 
#1 ·
I thought I would start a seperate thread for pics of the new Wet Okoles and any installation issues/tips..Just installed mine today and going to call Wet Okole tomorrow about my driver seat problem.

See less See more
#52 ·
I do not think I got the secondary flap on the drivers side to cover the Lumbar Cables. I am sure they asked all the pertinent Q's, but driver and passenger are the same for the top cover.
???

#54 ·
Just talked to W/O and there seems to be a problem with my front seat tops. I will keep y'all informed Monday when they re convene for work.

#62 ·
I have gotten two answers from WO and both asked about the plastic cover on the passenger seat. WTF does that have to do with them getting my Drivers seat back wrong?
Now I gotta take it back out and send back to Cali for the flap to be sewed on. They asked all these questoions when I ordered and still got it wrong.

#55 ·
No holes on the passenger front seat for the buttons that swing the chair all the way forward?

#58 ·
There are no holes on the back of the passenger front seat for the buttons that swing the chair all the way forward?
Still looking for an answer here... Your seats come the same way?

#59 ·
I have a DBL Cab and there is no button on the back of the seat to move the seat forward. In a DBL Cab you don't need them because there are 4 doors.

#60 ·
The 08 has a hard plastic backing to the passenger seat. You can flip the seat totally forward and the plastic backing turns into a tray for a computer or television or something.

The issue is there's 2 buttons one on each side of the seat and the seat covers dont have holes for the buttons.

#67 ·
These things are a PITA to put in. :thumbdown I'm struggling.

Honestly, would you ever take them out to wash them once you got them in and just right?

#73 ·
Front Passenger first then driver side first night (removed the seats from the truck) = 2 hours here. Easy with the seats out.

Back of double cab next day about the same.= 2 hours The bitch was the velcro on the 60 side top back! For sure the hardest to attach, and I didn't even get it good before giving up.

Then realized my top driver side front did not have the flap to cover the lumbar cables and now it is boxed up to send back to W/O.

Arrgh.

#74 ·
I think they forgot to put half-piping on mine, I'll have to see if they charged me for it. Another thing... the charcoal seems to be a little darker than the interior. Did any one get the light gray? Other than that they seem to be fine. I haven't put mine on yet, I'm letting mine air out.

#79 ·
Put mine on today. They are pretty easy to put on with the seats out of the truck. It took me like 3 minutes a piece to get them out. Took me about 2 hours to put both of my covers on. I used industrial strength velcro and did it up a little different then Pb... it looks like anyways from what I gather from his pics. This velcro has a sticky back to it and no hot glue is needed..got it at Home Depot. I like the seat covers so far but the charcoal seems darker than the interior to me. With the shadows it blends in well I guess.

#80 ·
There was a lighter gray that probably was a bit closer to the interior color, but the charcoal would be easier to keep clean, which is why I think everyone jumped on the bandwagon with that combo, including myself. I was also able to see the swatches at the shop just to be sure.

#83 ·
Had mine for a couple weeks now and only have the drivers side installed... I about lost it when I put it on... I have amps under both of my seats and it made it super hard to do anything under those seats. I've been lazy about getting the rest done.... I wish there was someone here in az that knows how to do it that I could get to help me........;)

#84 ·
Take the front seats out. Sooo easy only 4 14mm bolts and a electrical connector then you lift the seat right out. The 60 part of the 60/40 back seat was kinda a bitch though.

#85 ·
My charcoal/black with TRD logo came via DHL last week. Today I finally had a chance to tackle the job of putting them on. Thanks to this thread I was able to get it done in under 2.5 hours and they look great. Thank you to everyone who added advice to this thread. It really helped. I was worried about the fronts but after taking out the seats(a breeze to do) it was actually the rear seats that were a little more difficult. Anyway, thanks again guys and gals.

Ben

#86 ·
You talking 2.5 hrs for just the fronts or DC? I haven't done mine yet and I'm trying to gauge my time.

#89 ·
I hear ya. I only had a small window of time to do the job or I would have had a beer and relaxed while I did the work. I was racing the clock some but I didn't have to compromise the quality of the install. I just didn't get to relax and have fun like I like to do when I have a project like this. It was all business.

#88 ·
My Tacoma is a DC. I did both rows in 2.5 hours. Everything went very smoothly. The seats came out without any fuss. I had been worried about the wiring harnesses but it was literally a snap. Everything went well because of what I viewed and read here. I did not cut and burn the excess straps but I did tuck everything away and tape them off. The rear seats actually take more fiddling with. The only tools I used were 14mm socket, needle nose pliers for the circle clips holding the stock seat flap under the front seats and assisting in removing the wiring harness, small standard screwdriver to unclip the wiring harness. Look at the instructions and then just put them down. You'll know what to do. Tuck everything in and look over the fronts before you put them back in. Adjust if needed. It was a great time to vaccum under the seats as well:D. Anyway, don't get freaked like I did when I first opened the box and saw all that material.
Good Luck, Ben

#90 · (Edited)
BTW, When removing the seats from the cab be careful. The seat brackets can put some good scratches on your door and door panel. I fold the seat back up and then slide the seat brackets to the middle positions so that the brackets don't stick out so much past the seat cushion, making the seat as compact as possible.

#91 ·
Cool. All great tips. I'm going to have to do mine piece-meal since I can't find a block of time to knock it all out at once.

#95 ·
Yes, I have those. They are the Coverkings, I bought them at Costco as well. They fit as good as the WO's from what I can see. One difference is that they do not offer the piping, and no center console cover (at least a year ago when I got mine).
Otherwise they are awesome. I got the grey / charcoal combination and people think they are the seats, not covers, as they fit perfectly and the color matches the interior. Two mechanics at my dealer have also asked me where I got them .....

#94 ·
need an answer ASAP, installing the covers as we speak.

I have the side airbags in the front seats...I'm going to take the seats out of the truck to install the covers, do I need to unplug the negative battery cable before I unplug the cables going to the seats?

Thanks!

#96 ·
cooGy... your question just scared the bejesus out of me, I told my parents just to unplug everything underneath the seat when installing my covers because I'm not in the US right now. I have the side passenger airbags as well.

Considering that they never said anything about airbag explosions or problems, and I know for a fact that they did not disconnect the battery, I'm guessing things will be okay since they installed them a month ago. Unless my parents blew out my airbags and felt so bad that they just replaced them without telling me. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would totally have been my bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.