Toyota Nation Forum banner

Round Two: EEngineer's 92 ES300 3VZ + 5 speed build thread

104K views 532 replies 77 participants last post by  BMR 
#1 · (Edited)
many of you guys might still remember my old car. After parting it out due to some significant changes in life, I worked hard for a year and things are slowing working out for the better. I never got to finish what I wanted to do with my previous car, but this time I think i'll finished what I started.

some of you may know that I picked up an 92 ES300 a few weeks ago during my exam period. I was cramming for one of my exams one night and I got tired and took a break. I was bored so I surfed for some cars and this White 92 ES300 5 speed showed up in my quick search...I took down the number and went to see the car right after my exam. Bought the car for $500 dollars after haggling. The car was riddled with problems but heck.....nothing I can't fix! I've always loved how the ES300 looked, especially the dual projector setup. I just had to have it! The car had be sitting for quite a while and was neglected...but I saw plenty of potential.

Here's the list of things I've done recently to fix it up:

- changed the ancient oil that was left in the crankcase.
- coolant flush and refill
- e-brake cable replacement
- replaced the brake shoes
- took off the steering wheel and put it back on the right way LOL (it was installed 120 degrees to the left. very annoying)
- adjusted the e-brake handle tightness.
- replaced some dead brake light bulbs
- got the interior fully detailed
- HIDs + yellow high beams
- replaced the dead foglight bulbs, beautiful yellow projectors ;)

The cluster was replaced at one point since it is a automatic cluster with the PNRD2L on it...and from the government records, the car already had almost 500k KM on it in 1999!!!!
so potentially, the car might have a million KM on it!

the greatest thing......the car passed emission test with flying colours!!!!!! thanks to 2 bottles of seafoam. :thumbsup:

however, plenty more to do, but so far I've ordered the following
- BC Racing coilovers for the gen3 camry
- Nitto NT05 in 235/40/18 brand new ;)
- The SSR Werfen GT03 rims Tony the Tiger had on the camry before the guy got baller SSR Type-Cs
- shitload of parts from Adam ASG14....

here are a few photos to round off my first post of this thread. more and more will be added!!!

The good:
interior

The badass:

aaaaand the ugly:

not to worry. mint replacement doors already arrived from the local wreckers ;)

stay tuned for twin-charge setup and more pics!

See less See more
#3 ·
We have the same interior color. odd i've never seen white/purple before. and how come i didnt know Adam was selling parts for the Cam/ES3? people already holding out on me?:rolleyes:

#5 ·
it's more like brown than anything.

i rather not have a purple purple interior LOL
personally i'd love to have everything in black, cuz i think white paint + black interior is the shit.

the car was repainted at different points in time, cuz all ES300s are two tone....
mine is 1 colour LOL

i checked the paintcode on the door sticker...it's the diamond white pearl colour, but i think the crisp white paint faded to this yellowish white colour.

I plan on repainting the whole car, but i'll need some public opinion about which white I should paint it with.

#9 · (Edited)
I have the exact same car, would recommend you stick with factory.

040 (solid white) and 051 (pearl white) are the color codes.

It's a 3 stage paint with clear.

The silver paint on the lower half is oyster pearl 4M7.

Use a devilbiss paint system and a decent compressor and you can DIY.

Sikkens is usually the best paint for these, followed by PPG, and then DuPont.

Were you able to buy back your socket and hand tools ?

#11 ·
bought mint mint mint replacement doors for the ES for the rear.
best price ever. $145 + tax for each replacement door, mint paint too, but too bad i'm repainting the whole car again.

both black...one has tan interior, one is black. I think i'll keep those interior door panels over the brown interior i have.
I wanna slowly change the interior to all black....parts of it are already back....dash, steering wheel, certain trims etc.

#14 ·
Hehe I know!!! Thanks rob
But then ur accord must be coming along nicely as well

I replaced the front engine mount yesterday......the old
One was completely gone. The other mounts are so bad that even the front engine mount is made of polyurethane it didn't reduce my vibration problem by much. Getting dogbone replaced today

#20 ·
wait and see ;)

anyway, a small update. solved 2 problems, 1 problem came up

I replaced the VSS by using the one from my old transmission. :D it worked! I was so happy, because having a none functional speedometer is just really ghetto.

got the dogbone replaced today, it solved a lot of vibration problems but I think I'll still need to replaced the rear mount and the tranny mount.

The one problem showed up after getting the dogbone mount replaced was that It became really apparent that I have a alternator whine, and it's stupid loud inside the cabin. I think since my old dogbone so shot that it was literally free moving...the whine sound from the alternator couldn't get transfered to the frame into the cabin, so it was there but not too apparent. Now I drive it...it's annoying as hell.. I guess my replacing my alternator today. and guess what, I have a spare alternator from my previous car LOL.
I'm so glad I kept some of the parts from my previous car.......direct fit!

#21 ·
Another day of work done!
Changed the alternator. I take back what I said before about the direct
Fit. It wasn't. The plug was different and I had to take apart the alternators to swap some internal
Parts to make it work. Other than that Everything went smoothly. It was a good 3 hours of work though since
I had to fix other things in the mean time and take out the windshield washer fluid reservoir since it was in the way

#26 ·
Exactly:lol: Nice to see you're back in the game man:thumbsup: I know a guy that does alternator rebuilds for 40 USD, shame, probably was cheaper than what you paid:lol: Can't wait to see what happens here!

#29 ·
:lol: I really should, I skimmed there. D'oh! I'm thinking of going to Niagra falls, I'll let you know when I do come though:thumbsup:

In MTL or MI ?
In Michigan :) And he has a one day turnaround. If you give it to him before 11 AM I think it is, he'll have it done by the end of the day.

#34 ·
Nice GL with proyect:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.