No Chirping when locking doors - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
RAV4 4th Gen - Hybrid (XA40/2012-2018) Toyota RAV4 Hybrid discussion for years 2012-2018.

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Quickdtoo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-04-2019, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paramus, NJ
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
No Chirping when locking doors

Issue started today....no audible chirp when locking the car. Either via the fob or touching the door handle. Been fine up to today. I checked all the settings(even thiught I hadn't touched anything) and they seem correct. Very odd?

...Bob

2015 Corolla Premium, Remote Start
2001 Corvette, Torch Red
2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, Blizzard Pearl
mytoy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 05-05-2019, 09:50 AM
Official TN Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: NW New Jersey
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Are all the doors locking ? If a door lock is not working, you many not get the confirmation chirp.

Lock the car, put the key away from the car and check every door.
MichaelB-NJ is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 05-05-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paramus, NJ
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB-NJ View Post
Are all the doors locking ? If a door lock is not working, you many not get the confirmation chirp.

Lock the car, put the key away from the car and check every door.

All doors and locks working properly. Everything works fine. No key involved here, this keyless push button start system. Beep worked fine until yesterday????

Been throught the set-up screens, door-beep setting is correct.

...Bob

2015 Corolla Premium, Remote Start
2001 Corvette, Torch Red
2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, Blizzard Pearl
mytoy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 05-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Official TN Member
 
Quickdtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington State
Posts: 417
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 63 Times in 61 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Just a guess, does the warning buzzer(chirp) operate when opening/closing the power liftgate? If it doesn't, the buzzer is likely bad or has a bad connection. If it's still under warranty, I'd get the dealer involved.



https://parts.olathetoyota.com/oem-p...dHJpYy1nYXM%3D
cabur likes this.

2019 Rav4 XLE Premium AWD
https://www.rav4world.com/forums

Quickdtoo is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 05-05-2019, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paramus, NJ
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdtoo View Post
Just a guess, does the warning buzzer(chirp) operate when opening/closing the power liftgate? If it doesn't, the buzzer is likely bad or has a bad connection. If it's still under warranty, I'd get the dealer involved.



https://parts.olathetoyota.com/oem-p...dHJpYy1nYXM%3D

The rear hatch beeps, works perfectly....issue only the when locking and unlocking the doors. Both with the fob or touching the door handle. Lights flash just no beep. All settings are correct. I intend to visit the dealer in the morning. Judging from some web searches today, this not an uncommon issue. All with same mysterious cause, many had different recommendations(various series of fob button combinations) non we're helpful. Thanks for everyones thoughts....appreciated.

...Bob

2015 Corolla Premium, Remote Start
2001 Corvette, Torch Red
2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, Blizzard Pearl
mytoy is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 05-06-2019, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paramus, NJ
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytoy View Post
The rear hatch beeps, works perfectly....issue only the when locking and unlocking the doors. Both with the fob or touching the door handle. Lights flash just no beep. All settings are correct. I intend to visit the dealer in the morning. Judging from some web searches today, this not an uncommon issue. All with same mysterious cause, many had different recommendations(various series of fob button combinations) non we're helpful. Thanks for everyones thoughts....appreciated.

Took car to my dealer the morning....seems to be more complicated than assumed. I'm long time customer, they immediately took in my car and began what seemed to be quick fix. Without going into detail, they could not figure solution, had they're many diagnostic computers attached. Net is car remains at the dealer....driving loaner Rav4 Hybrid. Should hear something later or tomorrow....will update.

...Bob

2015 Corolla Premium, Remote Start
2001 Corvette, Torch Red
2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, Blizzard Pearl
mytoy is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 05-08-2019, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paramus, NJ
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytoy View Post
Took car to my dealer the morning....seems to be more complicated than assumed. I'm long time customer, they immediately took in my car and began what seemed to be quick fix. Without going into detail, they could not figure solution, had they're many diagnostic computers attached. Net is car remains at the dealer....driving loaner Rav4 Hybrid. Should hear something later or tomorrow....will update.
Dealer just called with unbelievable diagnosis re no lock/unlock chirping issue. After all diagnosis failed, they opened the fender panel area and found debris from rodent(chipmunk?) nest. Wires were nibbled and cause of the issue. From what little I know until I go to dealer they inserted new section of harness.
This ALL may be at my expense!!! Not warranty issue. Part that irks me is they explained the wiring that new car manufactures use has coating made with peanut oils. Can't make this stuff up!!!!!

...Bob

2015 Corolla Premium, Remote Start
2001 Corvette, Torch Red
2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, Blizzard Pearl
mytoy is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 05-23-2019, 05:50 AM
Rabid RAVer
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Somewhere warm
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytoy View Post
Part that irks me is they explained the wiring that new car manufactures use has coating made with peanut oils. Can't make this stuff up!!!!!
OMG. While I'm sure your predicament isn't very common, this doesn't seem like a good idea unless you live in Australia or Antarctica where there are no native squirrels.

RAV4 Hybrid LTD w/ATP

Hybrid Synergy Drive
194 NET HP w/ECVT, AWD-I

Last edited by marcuslaw; 05-23-2019 at 05:55 AM.
marcuslaw is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 05-23-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paramus, NJ
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 28
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslaw View Post
OMG. While I'm sure your predicament isn't very common, this doesn't seem like a good idea unless you live in Australia or Antarctica where there are no native squirrels.
Sadly my situation is NOT uncommon I now learn. Perhaps others not having same wiring area affected, but absolutely not uncommon. Dealer tech guys told me of many many instances where this wiring insulation has lured serious damage. Some far more costly than what I experienced. They advised I spray the engine compartment with Peppermint Extract, which I have now done. Seems Peppermint is odor rodents like chipmunks dislike. OR...as you say...move to Antartica. haha Live and learn....

...Bob

2015 Corolla Premium, Remote Start
2001 Corvette, Torch Red
2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, Blizzard Pearl
mytoy is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 05-31-2019, 12:39 PM
Moderator
 
ukrkoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 5,239
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Thanks: 49
Thanked 443 Times in 390 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Wires insulation and some tires. They use something that attracts rodents, so if you stow tires uncovered outside, rodents will chew on them.



ukrkoz is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 05-31-2019, 03:05 PM
Official TN Member
 
Quickdtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington State
Posts: 417
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 63 Times in 61 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quickdtoo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > RAV4 Hybrid > RAV4 4th Gen - Hybrid (XA40/2012-2018)

Bookmarks

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome