Toyota Nation Forum banner

2019 Hybrid

11K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  toyota4eva 
#1 ·
Anyone actually seen a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid on a dealer's lot. None of the dealers in the Northwest I contacted even know when they will show up. If they don't get some on the lot soon, I suspect Toyota is going to lose some sales. The Crosstrek Hybrids are starting to show up on lots in this area.

#3 ·
The customer service rep from my local dealer called me on Jan 23rd to let me know they'll get their first HVs sometime in March, said she wouldn't know exactly until they get their allocation, my guess is it will be late March or early April. They didn't know when their gas models would be in until late November, just before they arrived in early Dec, went on my first test drive on 12/5.

#7 ·
CAB requirements for car companies. Why do you think they have 0W-16 oil. LOTS of cars during out test drives, to find a replacement for the wife's car, were 2.0T My wife's Santa Fe Sport put out 265 HP on regular gas. Give that car 4 seconds and hang on ! One of our questions during test drives was the type of gas the car took. High test was $.50 higher per gallon. The Hyundai car turbos are all regular gas ! So when replacing her car the Toyota cars were not tubro, so not high test. She did not like or consider the Rav4 gas, too slow and noisy. When she nailed the hybrid... she smiled.

#9 · (Edited)
They are on dealer lots in Florida and I test drove one. For me, it just seemsed too darn loud. Don’t know, maybe due to direct injection or some such thing.

I am certain on my 16 Prius is not ultra quiet but it just seemed to me like that RAV4 was just too noisy when you got on the throttle. Now if others post a 16 and newer Prius is louder then the 19 rav4 then I will have to come back and delete my post:surprise:

Also, my eyes are old, I found it hard to view what the center gauge display was showing for Power, Eco or whatever the Mode selections were. Way too small font it seemed to me.

Certain others will love it. I liked the gray/green color and tan interior, looked nice. It was a XLE model with BSM package which is a good way to go. All four windows had auto up/down, a nice feature.

I wonder how the one with the review mirror camera is when one looks at it. If it improves how much you can see, guessing it would, so the back quarter roof panels don’t block rear view that would be sweet to have.

#10 ·
I wonder how the one with the review mirror camera is when one looks at it. If it improves how much you can see, guessing it would, so the back quarter roof panels don’t block rear view that would be sweet to have.

In theory the digital rear view camera sounds great, but if you're old and have progressive or trifocal lenses, it sucks, takes far too long to focus on the image, no quick glances to check, I have to tilt my head back and take my eyes off the road too long for comfort. And when it rains, the camera can be pretty much unusable just like the back-up camera when it gets water on it.

#11 ·
1. I think they over-did it with the center display. We struggled to find an option we liked. Going to the manual (last resort) we found more choices available. We wanted the digital speed, versus the analog one that it was set with. But there is still lots of clutter.

2. I thought the camera rear-view mirror would be fantastic but the reality is it must be for people who do not need glasses. As Quickdtoo noted it takes to long to get head positioned and eyes focused, compared to the normal mirror mode of the mirror. I would not have expected that but we have concluded that it is unusable for us.

#13 · (Edited)
where are they made?
Japan I guess.
Any made in Canada?

All Rav4 HVs have been made in Japan until recently when Canada started production of the '19 HV, so far 3 of the 19 HVs on my local dealer website are Canadian built, but most are still in transit, they had 2 last weekend on the lot, an LE and an XSE, they've sold or had reserves on all that they've received since the end of March. US production is scheduled to start later this year in Kentucky.
https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/scott-county/article227547864.html

#23 ·
I saw the RAV 4 Hybrid today, loved it.

I found this out today while looking at a 2019 RAV 4 Hybrid :I asked when there would be a firmware update to this if I bought it today.

He said he had gone to a meeting; this was discussed and there won't be a firmware update to 2019 rav 4's infotainment to push Android Auto.

He was told that if it comes it would be with 2020 RAV 4's.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

He said that many times a week the dealership is asked this same question.

Thanks !

#29 ·
Dealer is never going to take the loss. There are lots of factors how they work out the numbers to stay profitable, price paid, financing, trade in etc. Let's roughly say you were making $600 payment per month and was driving the car for 5 month, so you paid into it 3k already which is what you are not getting back when trading in, effectively making the new car $3k more.

#28 ·
A few hybrids have come through Reliable Toyota in Springfield, MO, but all have arrived already sold. Zero limited hybrids have gone through them yet. 3 XSE’s

#30 ·
I had the gas LE for 2 months. Only ever made one payment. 100% financing. Drove it 6K miles in those 2 months. They gave me what I owed, which only a few hundred less than when my loan was new, since I had literally only made one payment.

My gas model had a problem with the transmission. The dealership was willing to work with me.

Not lying here. I was just lucky.

#31 ·
Sounds like you got lucky because of transmission. I was lucky once with my trade in of year old model as well so it can happen but it's not common where dealer would take a loss.

#33 ·
Obviously 2019 RAV4 Hybrids now released and available, but I doubt that you will see them often on a dealers lot. Local Toyota dealer has a waiting list of people wanting them, and they are sold before they even sit on the lot. Short supply means that dealer trades are not going to happen either. I'm sure that Toyota will sell all the hybrids that they can make this year.

#34 ·
Obviously 2019 RAV4 Hybrids now released and available, but I doubt that you will see them often on a dealers lot.

I guess that depends on where you are, all the local dealers here have HVs on their lots, just looked at 4 LE HVs Saturday at the closest dealer, they also had a Limited and an XSE sitting on the lot marked sold, the upper trims seem to be in shortest supply tho, but they also sell quick.

#37 ·
My dealer has only gotten a couple limited hybrids and those, along with all other hybrid RAV4 2019 trim levels, arrived pre-sold. They have a waiting list for hybrid RAV's currently.

#38 ·
Hi, just adopted a RAV4 Hybrid XLE today. After I decided to purchase it, my salesman said someone who had driven another Hybrid last night was coming back today to decide on that one or the one I bought. These were the only 2 they had and it is a large dealer in Louisville, KY. He said they go out as fast as they come in. Supply and demand at this point. Salesman said they are overwhelmed with response of the demand of the hybrid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.