Toyota is extending the warranty coverage for the Brake Actuator Assembly - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Highlander 1st Gen - Hybrid (XU20/2005-2007) Toyota Highlander Hybrid discussion for years 2005-2007.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-27-2016, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Toyota is extending the warranty coverage for the Brake Actuator Assembly

I got on techinfo.toyota and noticed: WEP ZG1: 2006-2007 Highlander HV and 2004-2009 Prius; Extension of Warranty Coverage for Brake Actuator Assembly

Quote "In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing a Warranty Enhancement Program to extend the warranty coverage for the Brake Actuator Assembly on certain 2006-2007 MY Highlander Hybrid and Certain 2004-2009 MY Prius Vehicles."

I have an appointment on Saturday to check out if my highlander is covered. The document also has a refund portion if you have had the repair already done.

Here is a link to the whole bulitin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dy87hy0ie...110-D.pdf?dl=0

Last edited by Matthew Kress; 05-27-2016 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Make more clear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-06-2016, 10:02 AM
New TN User

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Kress View Post
I got on techinfo.toyota and noticed: WEP ZG1: 2006-2007 Highlander HV and 2004-2009 Prius; Extension of Warranty Coverage for Brake Actuator Assembly

Quote "In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing a Warranty Enhancement Program to extend the warranty coverage for the Brake Actuator Assembly on certain 2006-2007 MY Highlander Hybrid and Certain 2004-2009 MY Prius Vehicles."

I have an appointment on Saturday to check out if my highlander is covered. The document also has a refund portion if you have had the repair already done.

Here is a link to the whole bulitin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dy87hy0ie...110-D.pdf?dl=0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My car is still in the dealership for this repair. Thank you SO MUCH for this link! I never got my letter (surprise, surprise) and when I called the dealer, I was told I am "out of mileage range" When I pointed out the "primary" was valid until 12/17 regardless of mileage, it became a free repair!
post #3 of 9 Old 10-06-2016, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Glad that Helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Barone View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My car is still in the dealership for this repair. Thank you SO MUCH for this link! I never got my letter (surprise, surprise) and when I called the dealer, I was told I am "out of mileage range" When I pointed out the "primary" was valid until 12/17 regardless of mileage, it became a free repair!
I am glad that helped you. My highlander has over 280,000 so I had the same issue and had to point out to them that it is not mileage dependent as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-26-2016, 11:49 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I wish they would extend the notice to the 2nd gen Highlander. I already had to pay out for the Pump. The actuator failed less than 48hrs after the dealer replaced the pump but I complained enough to Toyota that the comp'ed the actuator but would not refund me for the pump. I would love to get my $2500 back.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-12-2017, 09:41 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A million times thank you Mike for starting this thread!!!!

I have a 2008 Prius, I bought it brand new. A few days ago I heard a squealing sound and then my brake, abs, vsc and the ? in the circle lights came on and stayed on. I was about an hour away from home and had no choice but to keep driving. The car was driving fine and I hoped when I switched it on the next morning everything would magically be gone. It wasn't. I had Googled it and Prius chat forum said that it might be the coolant something or other. Well, tonight I Googled around again and came across this thread!

I know this is what's wrong with my Prius. I did not get a letter and I know if I had just gone to the dealer tomorrow they would not have mentioned this. Again, thank you for starting this thread. I did not want to drop hundreds of dollars on car repairs...
post #6 of 9 Old 12-05-2017, 11:15 AM
New TN User

2006 Highlander Hybrid with Brake Actuator Problems

So my situation is that the dash lit up a couple months ago as described in the Warranty Enhancement notice. But right after that, the battery died and i replaced it. Apparently, when i replaced the battery, it cleared the error code that the dealer uses to replace the brake actuator for free. My local dealership here in Fredericksburg, VA has been unwilling to work with me on replacing it because they can't retrieve the code. They said that without that code, they can't get paid for the work they would have to do so they wouldn't do it!!!

I called Toyota Customer Service to see if they could help and apparently they were going to reach out to them and have them review the info that they have on file (we took it in and they had diagnosed it) and give me a call back within a couple business days. The dealerships "recommendation" was to keep driving it to see if it would happen again and then bring it in so they could look.

The question i have is this: If something actually is wrong that caused this behavior to happen in the first place (most of the 5 warning lights referenced in the notice), is it a "one and done" thing? IE, will it happen again, or is it "broke" and it's not gonna light up again? I tried to get them to answer that and asked Toyota Customer Service to get that answered but i've heard nothing from anyone.

I'm about ready to call the other dealership that's nearby and see if they can answer my question as to whether the "lights" will show up again. Regardless of whether or not the code is present, they should be able to tell that there is a problem. I have a sound clip that I wish i could upload of me sitting in the vehicle while in my garage with the brake pedal depressed. You can hear a very loud "squeaking" noise and this is just at a standstill. Not to mention the shaking of the vehicle when you are breaking at speeds.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get Toyota to pay attention to me and step up and fix this.

Mike
post #7 of 9 Old 01-20-2018, 12:34 PM
New TN User

so I had an alignment done at the local shop and I get in the car and the dash is lite up like a Christmas tree. ABS, anti slip, Check VSC etc...Needless to say the shop could not figure it out. To the dealer we go. They say its the brake actuator. Oh and you missed the warranty enhancement by 20 days. So pay up! Do I have any recourse? Is the alignment shop at fault? Are the too related. Never had any problems until this. Any input is helpful.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-24-2018, 11:54 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmloehr View Post
I wish they would extend the notice to the 2nd gen Highlander. I already had to pay out for the Pump. The actuator failed less than 48hrs after the dealer replaced the pump but I complained enough to Toyota that the comp'ed the actuator but would not refund me for the pump. I would love to get my $2500 back.
+1 on this, my 2008 just failed and the wife smacked a car in a parking garage. Video-
post #9 of 9 Old 10-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Hybrid Synergy Fan

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
so i wouldn't buy a used HIHY unless I found out this recall was done, did this apply to Canada as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Highlander Hybrid > Highlander 1st Gen - Hybrid (XU20/2005-2007)