just recently got done detailing my camry..
I am a poor student, so I don't have a whole lot of resources to buy detailing stuff. but I do have a decent collection.
- got a brush, and a cloth, used Eagle One carwash and bon ami (sp?) on the tries. Nothing fancy here.
- Car, rinsed it off with light pressure from the hose.
- useing a microfiber mitt (lost my sheepskin, will get another one) started with the top and worked my way down useing lots of suds and light pressure from the mitt.
- Did roof/windows, then rinsed
- Front end, rinse (keeping the entire car wet)
- Left side top ,
- right side top, rinse (keeping car wet)
- rear end, rinse
- then went along the lower 1/3rd of the car and got most of the mud, expecially behind wheel wells and front bumper.
-Rinsed the whole car to make sure to get all the soap off.
-Took off hose nozzle, and rinsed it that way (so that most of the water runs off I guess.. less water is standing on the car after doing that than when rinsing with nozzle)
- Got a leaf blower and blew the water out of all the lines, cracks, and lamps.
- Dried with microfiber towels using the chase method (one to get most of the water, another to get the rest)
- Invisible glass one the windows
- Eagle One tire shine
- Clayed the car useing Mothers clay. (used up about 2/3rds of the QD spray, is that normal?)
- Used mequires 3 step paint repair system. Fix, shine, protect.
- added a coat of carnuba (sp?) wax.