Factory Oder Wait Time? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Highlander 3rd Gen - Hybrid (XU50/2014-present) Toyota Highlander Hybrid discussion for years 2014+.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-14-2018, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
For those of you who made a factory order, how long did you have to wait to get it delivered to your dealership? I signed a purchase order for a 2018 Highlander Hybrid on 16 March and was told that build was complete on 23 March, but the dealership has no updates since then (no status of shipping or EDD).

Is 30 days too long to wait and is it possible that my car was allocated somewhere else and the dealership isn’t being up front about it?

Should I sign a new purchase order?

'18 Highlander Hybrid Limited Platinum
'17 Rav4 Hybrid Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-15-2018, 06:57 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
My wife wanted an '18 HH in White with the Saddle leather and it couldn't be found anywhere.
Toyota makes a crazy high percentage of XLE versions because they sell the most of these. They also only ship certain color combinations to different regions of the country based on demand. To add to this, color combinations are produced in batches. I also learned that the dealer really doesn't know what color/model combinations are going to be made too far out; they are guaranteed a certain allocation of vehicles of a certain trim.
We had our dealers search high & low; find a dealer who's willing to do a dealer trade with another dealer a reasonable distance away. Rather than wait months, we did a dealer trade for an '18 HH in Grey with Grey interior.
So, depending upon what you are waiting for, this doesn't seem unreasonable from the factory - I would have the dealer do a search if you haven't, and if they won't, find one that will.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-01-2019, 10:26 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seems normal to me

I ordered a 2019 HiHy XLE about two weeks ago, dealer expects delivery last week of June. He was able to snag an allocation from another dealer a couple hundred miles away, probably in exchange for a vehicle that was to be allocated to my local dealership. All in all, seems like a standard wait time when factory - ordering a generally popular vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Highlander Hybrid > Highlander 3rd Gen - Hybrid (XU50/2014-present)