2018 Hybrid Limited Platinum Tire Wear? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Highlander 3rd Gen - Hybrid (XU50/2014-present) Toyota Highlander Hybrid discussion for years 2014+.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By lloyd123

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-06-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
TableRocked

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2018 Hybrid Limited Platinum Tire Wear?

My wife's HyHi 2018 Platinum has 18k miles and I've noticed extensive tire wear. Nothing that appears to show misalignment, over/under inflation, or crazy cornering. I checked prices on the Bridgestone DUELER H/L 422 ECOPIA - SIZE: 245/55R19, and, wow, $228 each.

What kind of mileage have folks gotten out of their first set of tires on this same model and did you go with a different tire for the 2nd set?

If a different brand, impacts to mileage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TableRocked View Post
My wife's HyHi 2018 Platinum has 18k miles and I've noticed extensive tire wear. Nothing that appears to show misalignment, over/under inflation, or crazy cornering. I checked prices on the Bridgestone DUELER H/L 422 ECOPIA - SIZE: 245/55R19, and, wow, $228 each.

What kind of mileage have folks gotten out of their first set of tires on this same model and did you go with a different tire for the 2nd set?

If a different brand, impacts to mileage?
Consumer Reports did a review of the Bridgestone DUELER H/L 422 ECOPIA - they rated them good but the funny thing is that they listed them as a H rated tire but the ones on my HH (18") are only rated as T. Also when my HH was brand new I measured the tread depth with a gauge and they were 9/32" and not the 10/32" that new ones are listed as on the Bridgestone website. I think Toyota has Bridgestone make a cheaper version for OEM.

EDIT - BTW, my tires are at 18,000 miles and are down to 4/32" so will be replaced by end of summer - won't be another set of Bridgestones.
TableRocked likes this.

2017 Highlander Hybrid XLE Alumina Jade Metallic

Last edited by lloyd123; 05-09-2019 at 08:39 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-03-2019, 09:29 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I had the same issue with my 2017 Platinum. Replaced after just over 20K miles. Went with Michelin Defenders with no change in MPG. Treads seem to be holding up better than the OEM tires, but I've only put 5K on the new set so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Highlander Hybrid > Highlander 3rd Gen - Hybrid (XU50/2014-present)