2017 Prius V and the bumper LED lights - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Prius 4th Gen - Hybrid (2016+) Toyota Prius Hybrid discussion for years 2016-present.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-28-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
TN Post Wh*re

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2017 Prius V and the bumper LED lights

Seems like a simple question..... however....

First of all - yes, somewhat of a hypocrite as my wife and I just bought a new 2017 Prius V (4) and I've shouted from the mountain top not to buy a Prius C (or regular Prius) because it doesn't make economic sense.

I still stand by that - those both have very similar non hybrid models that are much more affordable, and the cost of gas would have to be astronomical to offset the difference in cost.

However, the V is sort of it's own beast. We have 2 SUV's and we didn't want another, whether it was a crossover or not. Just wanted a car. The catch is we wanted something that could fit 3 adults, a toddler/seat, and at least 2 German Shepherds..... Corolla (and all versions) and Camry are out. Rav4 is a crossover and actually is smaller (less leg room). Highlander was just out of price range (even a 2wd gas model) for our desired budget - The V seems to fit the bill for any vehicle over 35mpg that can fit what we needed under $30k. Selling my FJ40 hardtop to the GM of the local dealership about a year ago definitely helped as he remembered me, and handled the deal himself.

Anyways - there are strips of LED lights in the bumpers. I noticed them on the other day when my wife was following me home. Last night we couldn't figure out how they come on.... headlights on/off had no effect, headlights in 'auto' mode - no effect. Seemingly no 'fog light' switch. There are setting for DRL in the center console screen - no effect.

Is this something that only comes on during the daytime with DRL and is automatic? If so that's too bad as they give a little more "character" to the look of the lights.

Planning to ask the dealer to turn it off (supposedly can be done with earlier models) - the reverse beeping is incredibly annoying.

1) Frame-off "Rusto-Mod" FJ40/350/350 2) 2001 Lexus LX470 3) 2017 Prius V4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-05-2017, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
TN Post Wh*re

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Would appear they are directly linked with the DRL lights...... which is annoying.

More annoying is the backup reverse.... which can't be disabled the same method as the previous years - I'll have to get a BT OBD2 reader and a scan app....

1) Frame-off "Rusto-Mod" FJ40/350/350 2) 2001 Lexus LX470 3) 2017 Prius V4
post #3 of 4 Old 04-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Official Baller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaspeed90 View Post
Would appear they are directly linked with the DRL lights...... which is annoying.

More annoying is the backup reverse.... which can't be disabled the same method as the previous years - I'll have to get a BT OBD2 reader and a scan app....

They only come on when the headlight stalk is switched to auto and the ambient light sensor needs light. They will not come on if your parking lights or low beams are on or if the switch is set to DRL OFF.

2016 Prius 4T Premium Convenience Pkg
2016 NX200t F Sport

2007 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 PreRunner X-SP
Borla VVME Dynamat Pioneer Alpine Philips DensoEnkei Falken Bilstein MTX Nokya Redline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-11-2018, 02:20 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
still does not come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet2100 View Post
They only come on when the headlight stalk is switched to auto and the ambient light sensor needs light. They will not come on if your parking lights or low beams are on or if the switch is set to DRL OFF.

2016 Prius 4T Premium Convenience Pkg
2016 NX200t F Sport

My wife car, 2016 Prius V 4, is the same thing. I did set to auto DRL and I even add more light on the sensor and the light still does not come on. No matter what I do, it does not come on. Anything else I need to do?

Anybody knows any knowledge to turn this led light on will be awesome.

it is 1/22/18. I like to add, when it is on day time running, my high beam is lit up not my led.

Red

Last edited by redzie; 01-24-2018 at 06:03 PM. Reason: more info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Prius Forum > Prius 4th Gen - Hybrid (2016+)