Rehoming 91 Camry (sniff) - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry 1st & 2nd Gen (1983-1986) & (1987-1991) Toyota Camry Discussion for years 1983-1986 & 1987-1991. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-08-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Rehoming 91 Camry (sniff)

Well, I need a new vehicle that fits my disability better than this does, so this is up for grabs. Don't know if anyone here would want it, plus its in flyover country, Omaha NE.
the miracle of the car is that it put up with me all this time lol.
Yes, it's rough. Something needs to be done to the rear end; sounds /feels like something with drivers side front; louder for some reason. Some of the LEDs in the dashboard are out, like the lights on the radio, on the shift lever, also none of the door sensors work, as discussed before. But, you know, even with nothing but an oil change, it got up and ran about every other day during this harsh winter, last. I just hope, in some ways, i find something that will be as good to me as it has been.
It's got a lot of new stuff too. New fuel line, 2 yrs old. radiator about 4, alternator last fall (i kept buying cheap alternators lol), new coil, 1 1/2 yrs. Probably other things that are used but new toit, like the yellow box, oh a new strut passenger rear.
The drivers side front door is bare inside, b/c i was fixing the window wiring. I didn't do it right, so its stayed up all season, but i have a pigtail for that area. Close work, in there. Pain in the ass.
but the windows will work, if wired, so will door locks. The seat belts dont work. I mean the auto part.
Rust? Yes, thanks lol. nothin g that couldn't be fixed. In fact, 2 more years, its an antique, at 30, right? Fix it up a little, put in a car show. I almost drove thru one over the weekend with some '60s models in it, but i figured, nah.
This would be a great art car. Wish I could do that with it.
I'm retired so i dont drive daily, otherwise it'd be a daily driver lol.
Ive got a rear strut for it plus mount, some ignition wires & cap (have two sets, forgot already bought one.)

I think I need a Rav4. late 90s ravs have same engine as this. Looking desperately for one. Need to go try one on first see if it fits. I could have bought two over the winter but didn't get to them fast enough. A Matrix also sold before i could get to it. Bah.
Contact if interested in this still well running ol gal.
Pics later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190516_194507.jpg (1.11 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by eyches; 05-25-2019 at 01:48 AM. Reason: pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-09-2019, 12:19 AM
Toyota Collector

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 2434 Post(s)
Thanked 1,365 Times in 1,275 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Another person leaving the gen2 family.

RAV4 is an easy vehicle to find here, any generation even the 1st they are especially good not fast but dead reliable. Not sure your exact physical challenge but isn't a gen2 Camry about the easiest car to drive out there? Don't get a Matrix unless it is 2005+ or you'll be dealing with an oil burner. Best used SUV by far is the 1st generation Highlander V6.

2000 Lexus ES300 Millenium Edition
1990 Camry LE V6 Anniversary Edition 5-Speed
1990 Camry LE V6 WAGON
1987 Camry LE I4 5-Speed
post #3 of 6 Old 05-10-2019, 01:47 AM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1839 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Check out the 1st-gen Scion xB 04-06. My wife loves hers for being able to get in without having to squat down or climb up. Your butt is at exact height of seat before & after. Just put your butt on seat and rotate your legs inward. Perfect for her aching knees and back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-25-2019, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Check out the 1st-gen Scion xB 04-06. My wife loves hers for being able to get in without having to squat down or climb up. Your butt is at exact height of seat before & after. Just put your butt on seat and rotate your legs inward. Perfect for her aching knees and back.
thanks. how about the honda element? seems similar. am going to look at a prius tho i may not fit . or a rav 4.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-25-2019, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
actually this car would work except i cant push the seat back any farther, the seat is pretty mashed down by now and if the steering wheel would raise up further. Oh well
post #6 of 6 Old 05-25-2019, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks.
does anyone have any idea how/where i should list the camry for sale? like online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry 1st & 2nd Gen (1983-1986) & (1987-1991)