many of you guys might still remember my old car. After parting it out due to some significant changes in life, I worked hard for a year and things are slowing working out for the better. I never got to finish what I wanted to do with my previous car, but this time I think i'll finished what I started.
some of you may know that I picked up an 92 ES300 a few weeks ago during my exam period. I was cramming for one of my exams one night and I got tired and took a break. I was bored so I surfed for some cars and this White 92 ES300 5 speed showed up in my quick search...I took down the number and went to see the car right after my exam. Bought the car for $500 dollars after haggling. The car was riddled with problems but heck.....nothing I can't fix! I've always loved how the ES300 looked, especially the dual projector setup. I just had to have it! The car had be sitting for quite a while and was neglected...but I saw plenty of potential.
Here's the list of things I've done recently to fix it up:
- changed the ancient oil that was left in the crankcase.
- coolant flush and refill
- e-brake cable replacement
- replaced the brake shoes
- took off the steering wheel and put it back on the right way LOL (it was installed 120 degrees to the left. very annoying)
- adjusted the e-brake handle tightness.
- replaced some dead brake light bulbs
- got the interior fully detailed
- HIDs + yellow high beams
- replaced the dead foglight bulbs, beautiful yellow projectors
The cluster was replaced at one point since it is a automatic cluster with the PNRD2L on it...and from the government records, the car already had almost 500k KM on it in 1999!!!!
so potentially, the car might have a million KM on it!
the greatest thing......the car passed emission test with flying colours!!!!!! thanks to 2 bottles of seafoam.
however, plenty more to do, but so far I've ordered the following
- BC Racing coilovers for the gen3 camry
- Nitto NT05 in 235/40/18 brand new
- The SSR Werfen GT03 rims Tony the Tiger had on the camry before the guy got baller SSR Type-Cs
- shitload of parts from Adam ASG14....
here are a few photos to round off my first post of this thread. more and more will be added!!!
aaaaand the ugly:
not to worry. mint replacement doors already arrived from the local wreckers
stay tuned for twin-charge setup and more pics!