Should I Skip The Camry Alltogether?!?! - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry 5th & 6th Gen (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)/2nd Gen Solara (2004-2008) Toyota Camry Discussion for years 2002-2006 & 2007-2011, as well as Solara Discussion for years 2004-2008. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Angry Should I Skip The Camry Alltogether?!?!

i will be leasing a new car very soon and the Camry SE v6 WAS on the top of my list. Now, all i see are complaints that the transmission is complete crap. This really sucks, because i love the car and now i gotta look for something else. Can anyone here give me any comfort that this issue is getting resolved!?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Official TN Member

a small amount of extremely vocal people with issues does not mean that everyone is having issues

you are seeing complaints from the same people, everybody is not having transmission problems

i have 11k miles on my SE V6 and i have had zero issues so far
post #3 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 12:23 PM
User, not a Loser

Yeah, don't buy one. If you can't see that the complaints are a miniscule percentage of overall Camry owners, then you shouldn't get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
miniscule? i just began to read the reviews on Yahoo Autos. It seems like 90% are not satisfied. Shit, i would be pissed too if i spent 30 g's on a car and the car drove like shit. I can see why people are speaking out about it.
post #5 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Under Reconstruction

If you are really worried about it, get a SE I4.

post #6 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Official TN Member

Get the car.......most people that are satisfied with something do not go around making sure everybody knows that they love their car. People that have issues with something will make sure to speak their mind every which place is possible to make sure to make the product seem horrible and that nobody should buy it. The Camry is a great car and you should def put it back at the top.

post #7 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Official TN Member

lol @ the ppl who are complaining abt the acceleration problem on yahoo autos.... buddy you bought a camry not a porsche 911... if you want something faster you shouldve gotten something else! and about the defective camrys, this is a new v6 engine for toyota and like everything new it will have its flaws, if you want reliability go with the tried and tested I4
post #8 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Don't get mad. Get even.

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
SXE-10 people don't complain for the lack of power, It's the delay reaction that they step on the gas. And remember people not all the Camry owners have internet access or make a complain on the Internet. This is not normal, I drove many cars and they didn't do that, Toyota need to step up and admit that there is something wrong with the transmission or the ECT-I( electronically controlled automatic overdrive with intelligent), I don't know how they can fix it, but don't bullshit me saying that It's normal, because It's not..............and some people should see this issues without their Toyota glasses....

Here are some complaints"
CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10167913
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Details: CAMRY AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FAILS WHEN ACCELERATOR PRESSED DURING PASSING OTHER VEHICLES OR ACCESSING HIGHWAYS. NEARLY CAUSES REAR-END COLLISIONS.
Occurrences: 12Injuries: 0Fail Date: 08/19/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 9/11/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10167727
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
Details: THIS COMPLAINT IS RE: A NEW 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY LE 4 CYLINDER WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. THIS CAR WILL HESITATE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME BEFORE ACCELERATING FROM VIRTUALLY ANY SPEED (BEHAVIOR NOT SEEN WHEN ACCELERATING FROM DEAD STOP), REGARDLESS OF HOW HARD THE DRIVER PRESSES THE GAS PEDAL. PROBLEM OCCURS WHEN MOVING AT VIRTUALLY ANY SPEED AND THEN QUICKLY PRESSING AND HOLDING THE GAS PEDAL DOWN SO AS TO ACCELERATE QUICKLY. THIS BEHAVIOR IS NOT LIKE ANY OTHER CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN, INCLUDING A RENTAL 2005 4 CYLINDER CAMRY THAT I DROVE FOR A WEEK IN THE COLORADO MOUNTAINS LAST SUMMER (2005). SAFETY ISSUE IS THAT CAR IS UNPREDICTABLE IN SITUATIONS WHERE ONE MUST MOVE THE CAR TO AVOID TRAFFIC. EXAMPLE: ROLLING FORWARD INTO A LEFT TURN AT A GREEN LIGHT INTERSECTION, PRESS GAS TO CLEAR THE INTERSECTION BEFORE ONCOMING TRAFFIC GETS TOO CLOSE, THE CAR DID NOT INCREASE ENGINE REVOLUTIONS AND TOOK OVER 1 SEC. TO DROP INTO LOWER GEAR AND BEGIN TO INCREASE ENGINE REVOLUTIONS/ACCELERATE. THE CAR'S FAILURE TO RESPOND TO GAS PEDAL INPUT WAS SO LONG THAT I WOULD HAVE HAD AN ACCIDENT IF I HAD PERSISTED IN THE LEFT HAND TURN; I HAD TO TURN THE CAR PARALLEL TO ONCOMING TRAFFIC TO AVOID HITTING THE ONCOMING CAR. THIS BEHAVIOR IS REPEATABLE AND THE DELAY CAN BE UP TO 2 SEC. IN LENGTH BEFORE THE CAR EVEN BEGINS TO ACCELERATE. THIS BEHAVIOR IS ALSO SEEN BY NUMEROUS OTHER OWNERS OF '07 CAMRYS AS CAN BE SEEN IN POSTINGS ON WWW.EDMUNDS.COM (CLICK ON FORUMS TAB AND SEARCH FOR "CAMRY HESITATION"). THE ISSUE IS NOT ONE OF LACK OF HORSEPOWER. THE ISSUE IS LONG AND UNPREDICTABLE RESPONSE TO THROTTLE INPUT. THERE ARE ALSO VERY ANNOYING DRIVABLE ISSUES WITH THIS CAR THAT ARE RELATED TO TRANSMISSION/ENGINE BEHAVIOR, BUT I AM ADDRESSING ONLY THE SAFETY ISSUE IN THIS COMPLAINT. EFFORTS TO RESOLVE ISSUE HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL; TOYOTA'S RESPONSE HAS BEEN THAT THE CAR IS OPERATING "NORMALLY" AND "AS DESIGNED." IF SO, THERE IS A DESIGNED-IN SAFETY ISSUE WITH THIS CAR. *JB
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 06/27/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 9/8/2006

[FILE] your own complaint on this model car.

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10167240
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
Details: THROTTLE RESPONSE DELAY IN 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY (4 CYL. AUTO) CAMRY - BOUGHT NEW 4/06 FROM TOYOTA OF NASHUA (NH). DEFECT IS A DELAY OF 1 1/2 SECONDS IN THROTTLE RESPONSE. DELAY WAS MOST NOTICEABLE AT NORMAL URBAN TRAFFIC SPEEDS OF 35 TO 45 MPH. A LIGHT INCREASE IN THROTTLE AT CONSTANT HIGHWAY SPEEDS IN THE 35 TO 45 MPH RANGE RESULTED IN THE ENGINE 1) USUALLY NOT REMAINING IN HIGH GEAR 2) HAVING NO RESPONSE FOR 1 1/2 SECONDS, AND 3) THEN ROUGHLY DOWN-SHIFTING, AS IF THE DRIVER HAD CALLED FOR STRONG ACCELERATION. THE CAR'S SPEED "SAGGED", AND THEN THE CAR'S ENGINE OVERSPED. THE DRIVER THEN HAD TO DECREASE THROTTLE TO PREVENT OVERSPEED IN TRAFFIC. PULLING OUT INTO TRAFFIC BECOMES UNPREDICTABLE AND DANGEROUS. DELAY AND/OR OVER-RESPONSE IN THE THROTTLE CONTROL'S ACTION MAY CREATE SKIDS ON WET AND ICY ROADS. LESS EXPERIENCED DRIVERS MAY BECOME UN-NERVED BY THIS KIND OF THROTTLE RESPONSE. TOYOTA'S RESPONSE TO COMPLAINTS CONSISTED OF THESE REPLIES: (LISTED IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY WERE GIVEN OVER MULTIPLE SERVICE VISITS) 1. "WE KNOW WHAT IT IS. IT IS THE FLY-BY-WIRE CONTROL. THEY ALL DO IT AND THE OWNER HAS TO LIVE WITH IT" (SPOKEN OVER THE PHONE PRIOR TO THE FIRST SERVICE VISIT) 2. "OPERATING AS DESIGNED".. "THIS ISN'T A SAFETY ISSUE". 3. "THE CAMRYS HAVE A DRIVER HABIT IMPRINT FEATURE WHICH ADAPTS TO THE DRIVER'S STYLE". 4. "THE CAR IS PRETTY MUCH NORMAL". 5. "HE HAS SEEN A FEW OF THESE". (GARAGE TECH REP.) DURING SERVICE APPOINTMENTS, THE DEALERSHIP SUPPLIED THREE 4 CYLINDER, AUTOMATIC 2007 CAMRYS AS "LOANERS". NONE OF THESE CARS DEMONSTRATED THE SAME DRIVE-TRAIN BEHAVIOR. THE WRITER HAS BEEN TOLD OF TWO OTHER CAMRYS WHICH EXHIBIT THE PROBLEM: HEY ARE SERIAL #S: 4T1BE46K27UXXXXXX AND 4T1BE46K87UXXXXXX A SIMILAR COMPLAINT IS DOCUMENTED ON-LINE IN THE "CAR AND DRIVER" MAGAZINE'S USER REVIEW. *NM
Occurrences: 50Injuries: 0Fail Date: 04/10/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 9/1/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10167234
Component: POWER TRAIN
Details: I HAVE A 2007 CAMRY LE AND EXPERIENCE A DELAY IN ACCELERATION FROM A STOP TO 25 MPH. IT DOES NOT OCCUR ALL THE TIME BUT I'VE EXPERIENCE IT 4 TIMES IN THE LAST 5 MONTHS. THE CAR HESITATE FOR ABOUT 3 SECONDS BEFORE STARTING TO MOVE. ONE TIME AN SUV HAD TO STEER TO AVOID ME AS I WAS MAKING A LEFT TURN. THIS SEEMS TO BE COMMON BASE ON THE COMPLAINS I'VE SEEN ON THIS WEBSITE. *NM
Occurrences: 4Injuries: 0Fail Date: 08/23/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 9/1/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10166014
Details: MY 2007 CAMRY LE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (4 CYLINDER) CONSTANTLY HESITATES WHEN PULLING OUT INTO INTERSECTIONS, OR CONTINUING THROUGH AN INTERSECTION AFTER RED LIGHTS OR STOP SIGNS. THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL CLOSE CALLS WHEN VEHICLES HAVE HAD TO MOVE AROUND MINE TO AVOID A COLLISION. THE VEHICLE HALTS AT 10-30 MPH WHEN IT'S SHIFTING AND CONTINUALLY PLACES MY FAMILY IN HARMS WAY. THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THAT THIS IS COMMON WITH THE NEW AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE. MY WIFE WAS ALMOST REAR ENDED WHEN THE VEHICLE STOPPED ACCELERATING FOR APPROXIMATELY 5-10 SECONDS! *NM
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 06/10/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/19/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10165994
Component: POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY
Details: ON 08/05/2006 I WAS DRIVING MY NEW 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY ON THE FREEWAY AT 3:00 AM THEN MY CAR DROPPED TO THE GROUND I COULD SEE THE TIRE WAS PASSING US. SLOWLY I MOVED THE CAR TO THE EMERGENCY LANE. AFTER CHECKING I SAW THE REAR LEFT TIRE HAD BROKEN FROM THE AXLE. TOYOTA DOES NOT COVER. THEY ARE PLAYING WITH ME SAYING SOME BODY WILL COME AFTER TWO WEEKS TO INSPECT MY CAR, THEN THEY CHANGE WITHIN ONE MONTH. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I AM SURE THAT IS MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT AND THEY HAVE TO BE VERY SERIOUS. I AND MY FAMILY WERE LUCKY THAT HAPPENED AT NIGHT WHEN NO CAR WAS BEHIND US, OTHERWISE THEY COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED. NOW I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. *JB
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 08/05/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/19/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10165400
Details: I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY LE, 4 CYLINDER PASSENGER CAR. WHEN ACCELERATING FROM A STOP, THERE ARE TIMES THE VEHICLE WILL NOT MOVE AND I EXPERIENCE A SERIOUS HESITATION OF ACCELERATION. THE RPMS DON'T EVEN APPEAR TO BE REVVING UP, ITS LIKE THERE IS NOTHING THERE. I HAD ONE EXPERIENCE WHERE I WAS MAKING A LEFT TURN, AND THE CAR DID NOTHING, ALMOST GOT HIT BY AN ONCOMING VEHICLE. BOTH MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE EXPERIENCED THESE NUMEROUS TIMES. DEALERSHIP TOOK VEHICLE IN, SAID THEY COULD FIND NOTHING WRONG. THIS PROBLEM IS AN INTERMITTENT PROBLEM, BUT IT DOES EXIST. *JB
Occurrences: 13Injuries: 0Fail Date: 07/27/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/14/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10165196
Details: CRUISE DOES NOT MAINTAIN SPEED WHILE GOING DOWN GRADE. ACCELERATING FROM LOWER SPEEDS OR A STANDING START IS PRECEDED BY A DISTINCT HESITATION THAT IS A POTENTIAL DRIVING HAZARD. *NM
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 03/16/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/10/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10164983
Details: 2007 CAMRY 4 CYL. AUTOMATIC - THIS CAR HAS A SERIOUS LAG IN RESPONSE TIME WHEN YOU ARE ACCELERATING - WHETHER IT BE WHEN GOING UP A HILL,PULLING OUT IN TRAFFIC, OR CHANGING LANES TO PASS A SLOWER CAR. YOU ARE IN DANGER OF GETTING REAR-ENDED!DEALERSHIP SAID THIS IS THE WAY IT IS DESIGNED. VERY DANGEROUS! *NM
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 08/08/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/8/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10164649
Details: VEHICLE HESITATES WHILE ACCELERATION AT ABOUT 20-40 MPH. THEN THE CAR JERKS FORWARD. THIS IS DANGEROUS IF YOU NEED TO MOVE RIGHT AWAY.
Occurrences: 30Injuries: 0Fail Date: 05/01/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/6/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10164258
Details: HESITATION ON ACCELERATION- AFTER EXITING THE INTERSTATE AND TURNING CORNER, I CONTINUED TO ROLL BUT THE 07 CAMRY LE 4 CYL DID NOT RESPOND. APPROXIMATELY, 50 YARDS LATER, THE CAR ACCELERATED. *NM
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 07/25/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/2/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10159687
Details: WHEN USING THE CRUISE CONTROL THEN SPEED FLUCTUATES ON SLIGHT GRADES AND THE CAR SUDDENLY DOWNSHIFTS TO 4TH AND SOMETIMES TO 3RD THIS IS ALARMING AND SHOULD NOT DO THIS > TOYOTA SAYS THIS IS NORMAL MY OTHER 4 CYL 2002 CAMRY DID NOT DO THIS. *NM
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 05/11/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 6/13/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10158309
Details: CAR HUNTS FOR GEAR AROUND 2,000 RPMS AND HESITATES A LOT. OTHERS HAVE TOLD ME THAT THE 2007 4 CYL. AUTOMATIC "ALL DO IT. *JB
Occurrences: 25Injuries: 0Fail Date: 05/22/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 5/26/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10156022
Details: WHEN CAR IS ACCELERATED FROM DEAD STOP, AS CAR PASSES 20 MPH, THE CAR SURGES, HUNTS FOR GEAR, UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS WILDLY AND SPORADICALLY, LURCHING AND OVER-REVVING TO 5,000 RPM OR HIGHER. CAR CANNOT BE SAFELY DRIVEN. HAD TO BE TOWED FOR SERVICE. *NM
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 04/24/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 4/24/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10166382
Component: VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL
Details: MY 2007 CAMRY HAS A SERIOUS HESITATION EFFECT. WHEN THE ACCELERATOR IS PRESSED, IT TAKES A FEW SECONDS TO ENGAGE, THUS SOMETIMES CAUSING A DANGEROUS DELAY IN MOVING THE CAR. THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THIS WAS THE WAY THE 2007 CAMRY'S WERE MADE TO OPERATE, AND THUS COULD NOT BE "FIXED." *JB
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 07/04/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/23/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10166186
Details: 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY LE WITH 4 CYLINDER, 5 SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION. CAR HESITATES BADLY WHEN ACCELERATING FROM A STOP ON A COLD ENGINE, AND DE-ACCELERATING WITHOUT USE OF THE BRAKE IS JERKY. THERE ARE TIMES THAT I MUST TURN FROM A SIDE STREET INTO A HEAVILY-USED ROAD AND ACCELERATE RAPIDLY. THIS IS FRIGHTENING. I PRESS THE ACCELERATOR ALMOST TO THE FLOOR AND THE VEHICLE ACCELERATES SLOWLY, THEN AFTER 2 OR 3 SECONDS, IT ACCELERATES RAPIDLY.
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 08/20/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/21/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10165248
Details: DT*: THE CONTACT STATED THE VEHICLE SPEED AND ENGINE RPM DID NOT SLOW ONCE PRESSURE WAS RELEASED FROM THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL, WHILE DRIVING AT 30 MPH. THE PROBLEM OCCURRED AT VARIOUS SPEEDS. THE MANUFACTURER AND SERVICE DEALER WERE CONTACTED. THE VEHICLE WAS TEST DRIVEN BY A SERVICE TECHNICIAN AND THE MALFUNCTION WAS WITNESSED. NO DETERMINATION WAS MADE. THE CONSUMER STATED PUMPING THE BRAKES HAS NO EFFECT WHEN TRYING TO REDUCE SPEED. 08/29/06 .*JB
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 07/18/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/11/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10164863
Component: VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:ACCELERATOR PEDAL
Details: THE 2007 CAMRY LE HAS A SERIOUS DESIGN FLAW. WHEN THE ACCELERATOR IS DEPRESSED AT SLOW SPEEDS, NOTHING HAPPENS. THIS IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS SITUATION WHEN CHANGING LANES OR PULLING OUT IN TRAFFIC. *JB
Occurrences: 20Injuries: 0Fail Date: 05/24/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/7/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10164192
Details: DT*: THE CONTACT STATED THERE WAS A MAJOR DELAY IN THE VEHICLE'S RESPONSE WHEN THE ACCELERATION PEDAL WAS DEPRESSED. THE PROBLEM OCCURRED WHEN THE VEHICLE ACCELERATED FROM A STOPPED POSITION AND WHILE MAKING LEFT OR RIGHT TURNS. THE SERVICE DEALER INSPECTED THE VEHICLE BUT COULD NOT DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM. THE MANUFACTURER WAS CONTACTED BUT NO SOLUTION WAS PROVIDED.
Occurrences: 10Injuries: 0Fail Date: 06/10/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 8/2/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10163003
Details: DT*: THE CONTACT STATED THAT THE VEHICLE HESITATED UPON ACCELERATION FROM A COMPLETE STOP AS WELL AS WHEN IN MOTION. THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN INSPECTED BY THE DEALERSHIP. THE DEALERSHIP DETERMINED THIS WAS NORMAL OPERATING CONDITION FOR THE VEHICLE. UPDATED 7/31/2006 - *NM
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 07/20/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 7/20/2006

Yes, include on Custom Report Create Custom ReportCONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10159135
Component: VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:CRUISE CONTROL
Details: DT*: THE CONTACT STATED WHILE DRIVING UP A SMALL INCLINE AT 40MPH WITH THE CRUISE CONTROL ACTIVATED, THE VEHICLE ACCELERATED WITHOUT WARNING. UPON INSPECTING THE VEHICLE THE DEALERSHIP DETERMINED THE SUDDEN ACCELERATION WAS NORMAL.
Occurrences: 1Injuries: 0Fail Date: 06/06/2006Deaths: 0Date added to datbase: 6/6/2006

NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 06V096000
Component: AIR BAGS
Details: ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, DUE TO IMPROPER ASSEMBLY OF THE AIR BAG INFLATOR, WHICH IS USED IN THE SIDE AIR BAG, THE CURTAIN SHIELD AIR BAG, AND THE KNEE AIR BAG ASSEMBLY, SOME INFLATORS WERE PRODUCED WITH AN INSUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF THE HEATING AGENTS NECESSARY FOR PROPER AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT. IN THIS CONDITION, THE EXPANSION FORCE OF THE GAS MAY BE INSUFFICIENT TO PROPERLY INFLATE THE AIR BAG WHEN THE SRS SYSTEM IS ACTIVATED DURING A CRASH.

Consequence: THIS MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF INJURY TO THE OCCUPANT IN THE INVOLVED SEATING POSITION IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH.
Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE SPECIFIC SRS AIR BAG. THE RECALL BEGAN ON APRIL 6, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-888-270-9371, SCION AT 1-866-548-1851, OR LEXUS AT 1-800-255-3987.
Units Potentially Affected: 133 Recall Initiated By: MFR
Date added to NHTSA datbase: 04/03/2006

Last edited by El Tano; 09-16-2006 at 03:37 PM.
post #9 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Senior TN Member

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
If you have to ask that question then a '07 Camry may not be the choice for you.

'11 Camry Hybrid Classic Silver/Ash
Moonroof | NAV | Leather | JBL Audio | XM | Blue Tooth | OEM Remote Start | Michelin Primacy MXV4
'11 Honda CR-V EX-L w/NAV 4WD Glacier Blue/Gray
Leather | Remote Start | Fogs | Premium Sound | XM | Wood Dash | Michelin Primacy MXV4
post #10 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 03:35 PM
New TN User

Easy to "name call"

Especially if you either don't drive the car in question or you are fortunate enough to have one that works correctly.
I have both transmission and vibration problems with my 2007 Camry LE V6. It's been in the shop a half-dozen times, and it is only a month old.
The dealer says sorry, Toyota does not have a fix for the transmission. The vibration issue has led to two alignments, three tire balances and a whole new set of tires, which helped somewhat, but not completely.
My service rep says "lots of people" are having V6 tranny troubles.
My case worker at Toyota Corporate says "lots of people" are having V6 tranny troubles.

On Friday, I attempted to access I-75 - but the car would only shift up to 2nd, and redlined before I realized that it was not going any higher. I managed to put it into neutral, steer off the ramp, and turn off the car. I let it sit for ten minutes, started it up again, and tried once more. This time it shifted into 2nd, lost its gear, then, with a loud "clunk" went into 3rd and up from there. The transmission has not repeated that - yet. I would like to think that nobody else has severe transmission problems - but a lot seem to have just that.

I'll have the car in the shop again next Tuesday - and this is costing me work time loss and probably a lot of what's left of my hair!

Am I "whining?" Well - some on this forum may like to label it that. Sorry for the inconvenience to your lifestyle, gents.

In posting my concerns I'd hoped to alert other people to what I see is a major design flaw in a new automobile. If that be whining, I guess the end of "free speech" is not far in the future - even on Auto Forums?
post #11 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Senior TN Member

Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Writer
......Am I "whining?" Well - some on this forum may like to label it that. Sorry for the inconvenience to your lifestyle, gents.

In posting my concerns I'd hoped to alert other people to what I see is a major design flaw in a new automobile. If that be whining, I guess the end of "free speech" is not far in the future - even on Auto Forums?
In continuation of that freedom of speech, which I for one will not deny you, Writer...I will add that I am 110% satisfied with the $28k I spent for my SE V6.

This is where you insert your signature
post #12 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 04:40 PM
TN Post Wh*re

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gen6

Not a single solitary problem with mine after 5,700 miles.
post #13 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 05:36 PM
TN Post Wh*re

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Supreme Member
FYI, a TN discussion on the V6 trans problem.

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t155175.html

The Camry's have had a few problems, just look at the TSB’s and TN posts. Yet, NO make/model of car is 100% trouble free!

The question is, has the quality gone down or are people just more vocal?
post #14 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 06:07 PM
2015 Corolla S Premium

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Red face Yawn. 2006 Honda Accord

Make : HONDA Model : ACCORD Year : 2006
Manufacturer : HONDA (AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO.)
Crash : No Fire : No Number of Injuries: 0
ODI ID Number : 10146620 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: December 24, 2005
VIN : 1HGCM66876A...
Component: POWER TRAIN
Summary:
WE EXPERIENCED A PROBLEM IN STOPPING AT A RED LIGHT ON OUR TRIP BACK FROM AN OUT OF TOWN TRIP LAST WEEKEND. AS A RESULT OF THIS EXPERIENCE MY WIFE IS NOW AFRAID TO DRIVE THIS CAR. AFTER A FEW HOURS OF HIGHWAY DRIVING, AND DECELERATING THROUGH AN EXIT RAMP, THEN RE-ACCELERATING AND ATTEMPTING TO STOP AT A STOP LIGHT WE EXPERIENCED AND AN EXTREMELY RESISTANT BRAKE PEDAL REQUIRING EXTREMELY HARD PEDAL PRESSURE AND THE ENGINE SEEMED TO CONTINUE TO REV DURING BRAKING. WHILE STOPPED AT THE LIGHT THE ENGINE CONTINUED TO REV ABNORMALLY. OUR 30-YEAR-OLD SON WAS DRIVING. HE DID NOT MOVE HIS FOOT FROM THE BRAKE PEDAL FOR FEAR OF WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. HE SWITCHED INTO PARK AND THE ENGINE STOPPED REVVING. WHILE KEEPING HIS FOOT ON THE BRAKE PEDAL HE PUT THE CAR BACK IN DRIVE. THEN THE ENGINE SEEMED NORMAL AND THE BRAKE PEDAL PRESSURE RETURNED TO NORMAL. THIS WAS A DISCONCERTING EXPERIENCE BECAUSE IT WAS ABNORMALLY DIFFICULT TO STOP, AND WE ALMOST RAN INTO A CAR IN FRONT OF US. THERE WERE THREE ADULT WITNESSES TO THIS FRIGHTENING EPISODE, MY WIFE, OUR ADULT SON, AND ME. WE DID NOT USE THE CRUISE CONTROL AT ANY TIME DURING THIS TRIP. WE TOOK THE VEHICLE TO OUR HONDA DEALER. THEY EXAMINED THE CAR THOROUGHLY AND COULD FIND NO PROBLEMS. THEY HYPOTHESIZED THAT THIS MAY HAVE BEEN A COMPUTER ERROR, BUT THE SYSTEMS TEST OUT FINE NOW. NOW OUR FAMILY IS LEFT WITH A CAR THAT WE KNOW HAS A SERIOUS SAFETY DEFECT, AND WE DRIVE IT IN FEAR THAT THIS COULD HAPPEN AGAIN, HURTING OTHERS OR US. WE ALSO RECOGNIZE THE POSSIBILITY THAT THIS STEALTH DEFECT MAY BE LURKING TO HURT OTHERS IN OTHER 2006 HONDA ACCORD V6 CARS. *JB

Check to Request Research. Submit below.

ODI ID Number : 10146620 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: December 24, 2005
VIN : 1HGCM66876A...
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK
Summary:
WE EXPERIENCED A PROBLEM IN STOPPING AT A RED LIGHT ON OUR TRIP BACK FROM AN OUT OF TOWN TRIP LAST WEEKEND. AS A RESULT OF THIS EXPERIENCE MY WIFE IS NOW AFRAID TO DRIVE THIS CAR. AFTER A FEW HOURS OF HIGHWAY DRIVING, AND DECELERATING THROUGH AN EXIT RAMP, THEN RE-ACCELERATING AND ATTEMPTING TO STOP AT A STOP LIGHT WE EXPERIENCED AND AN EXTREMELY RESISTANT BRAKE PEDAL REQUIRING EXTREMELY HARD PEDAL PRESSURE AND THE ENGINE SEEMED TO CONTINUE TO REV DURING BRAKING. WHILE STOPPED AT THE LIGHT THE ENGINE CONTINUED TO REV ABNORMALLY. OUR 30-YEAR-OLD SON WAS DRIVING. HE DID NOT MOVE HIS FOOT FROM THE BRAKE PEDAL FOR FEAR OF WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. HE SWITCHED INTO PARK AND THE ENGINE STOPPED REVVING. WHILE KEEPING HIS FOOT ON THE BRAKE PEDAL HE PUT THE CAR BACK IN DRIVE. THEN THE ENGINE SEEMED NORMAL AND THE BRAKE PEDAL PRESSURE RETURNED TO NORMAL. THIS WAS A DISCONCERTING EXPERIENCE BECAUSE IT WAS ABNORMALLY DIFFICULT TO STOP, AND WE ALMOST RAN INTO A CAR IN FRONT OF US. THERE WERE THREE ADULT WITNESSES TO THIS FRIGHTENING EPISODE, MY WIFE, OUR ADULT SON, AND ME. WE DID NOT USE THE CRUISE CONTROL AT ANY TIME DURING THIS TRIP. WE TOOK THE VEHICLE TO OUR HONDA DEALER. THEY EXAMINED THE CAR THOROUGHLY AND COULD FIND NO PROBLEMS. THEY HYPOTHESIZED THAT THIS MAY HAVE BEEN A COMPUTER ERROR, BUT THE SYSTEMS TEST OUT FINE NOW. NOW OUR FAMILY IS LEFT WITH A CAR THAT WE KNOW HAS A SERIOUS SAFETY DEFECT, AND WE DRIVE IT IN FEAR THAT THIS COULD HAPPEN AGAIN, HURTING OTHERS OR US. WE ALSO RECOGNIZE THE POSSIBILITY THAT THIS STEALTH DEFECT MAY BE LURKING TO HURT OTHERS IN OTHER 2006 HONDA ACCORD V6 CARS. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10150692 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: February 19, 2006
VIN : 1HGCM663X6A...
Summary:
DROVE TO WORK. PARKED IN GARAGE AT APPROXIMATELY 3:00 PM ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2006. STARTED ENGINE AT APPROXIMATELY 12:00 PM ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2006. IDLED ENGINE FOR APPROXIMATELY 4 TO 5 MINUTES. INCREASED RPM TO 1500 TWO TIMES FOR ONE SECOND EACH. REVERSED. BRAKED. DROVE FORWARD UP AN INCLINE. BRAKED. TURNED RIGHT. DROVE FORWARD ON A FLAT SURFACE AT NO MORE THAN 20 MPH. APPROACHED A STOP SIGN. BRAKED IN ADVANCE OF THE STOP SIGN. THE BRAKE PEDAL BECAME VERY HARD. I WAS UNABLE TO PUSH THE BRAKE PEDAL. THE CAR ROLLED INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE INTERSECTION. THE CAR EVENTUALLY STOPPED. FORTUNATELY, NO PEDESTRIANS OR CARS WERE PRESENT AT THE INTERSECTION. APPROXIMATELY 15 MINUTES AFTER THE INCIDENT, I CALLED THE DEALERSHIP AND SCHEDULED A SERVICE APPOINTMENT. ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2006, THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT ROAD TESTED THE VEHICLE. THE TECHNICIAN WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE MY COMPLAINT. ALL 4 WHEELS WERE REMOVED AND ALL 4 BRAKE PADS WERE INSPECTED. THE FRONT PADS WERE AT 8.4 MM AND THE REAR PADS WERE AT 5.3 MM. ALL FRONT AND REAR PADS WERE LUBED. THE PROBLEM REMAINED UNRESOLVED. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10150907 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: February 22, 2006
VIN : 1HGCM56896A...
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTSISC:ROTOR
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE VIBRATES ANYTIME THE BRAKES ARE APPLIED. THE VEHICLE HAS NOT BEEN SEEN BY THE DEALER, BUT WAS INSPECTED BY THE CONTACT. THE CONTACT, A CERTIFIED MECHANIC, DETERMINED THE ROTORS WERE BEGINNING TO SHOW EXCESSIVE WEAR AT ONLY 6,812 MILES. UPDATED 3/9/2006 - *NM

ODI ID Number : 10151488 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: February 24, 2006
Summary:
THE THIRD INCIDENT TOOK PLACE ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2006. MY VEHICLE HAD BEEN DRIVEN APPROXIMATELY 3175 MILES. THE DETAILS OF THE INCIDENT WERE AS FOLLOWS: I PARKED MY VEHICLE IN THE GARAGE AT APPROXIMATELY 4:30 PM ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2006. I STARTED MY VEHICLE AT APPROXIMATELY 5:40 AM ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2006, AND ALLOWED THE ENGINE TO IDLE FOR APPROXIMATELY 4 TO 5 MINUTES. I INCREASED THE RPM TO 1500 TWO TIMES FOR ONE SECOND EACH. I REVERSED AND BRAKED. MY VEHICLE STOPPED. I DROVE FORWARD UP AN INCLINE AND BRAKED. THE BRAKE PEDAL BECAME VERY HARD. I WAS UNABLE TO PUSH THE BRAKE PEDAL. MY VEHICLE ROLLED INTO THE STREET. A FEW SECONDS LATER, THE BRAKE PEDAL LOST PRESSURE AND SUDDENLY DROPPED. MY VEHICLE STOPPED SHORTLY THEREAFTER. FORTUNATELY, NO PEDESTRIANS OR CARS WERE PRESENT IN THE STREET. I CALLED AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. I WAS DIRECTED TO CONTACT THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT OF THE DEALERSHIP TO SCHEDULE A SERVICE APPOINTMENT WITH THE DISTRICT PARTS & SERVICE MANAGER (DPSM). I FINALLY SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT FOR TODAY AND THE DPSM NEVER SHOWED UP. APPARENTLY, SHE HAD CALLED IN SICK. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE DPSM BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT HAVE A SET SCHEDULE. I HAVE CALLED AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. THREE TIMES AND I HAVE WRITTEN ONE LETTER. SINCE THE DEALERSHIP IS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM, NO PARTS HAVE BEEN REPAIRED OR REPLACED. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10151531 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: January 10, 2006
VIN : Not Available
Component: STRUCTURE
Summary:
WATER WAS DISCOVERED IN TRUNK. OFFICE EQUIPMENT STORED IN TRUNK WAS DAMAGED. HONDA DEALER FOUND LEAK TO BE COMING FROM REAR WINDOW AND RESEALED THE LEAK. IN SERVICING THE VEHICLE THEY HAVE DAMAGED IT FURTHER AND IT HAS REQUIRED 6 TRIPS THUS FAR TO ATTEMPT TO CORRECT THEIR ERRORS. PARTS ARE ON ORDER AND UNFORTUNATELY WILL REQUIRE MORE TRIPS TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10152057 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: January 28, 2006
Summary:
WATER LEAKED INTO THE TRUNK DAMAGING SOME MATERIALS THAT WERE BEING STORED IN THE TRUNK. AFTER A TRIP TO THE DEALERSHIP (THIRD TRIP FOR VARIOUS PROBLEMS), THE DEALERSHIP RETURNED THE VEHICLE WITH AN EXPLANATION THAT IT DID NOT LEAK WATER. I KNOW THE CAR DID INDEED LEAK WATER. I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DRIVE AROUND WITH THE TRUNK UP AND HAVE CLEARANCE TO SEE! I FEEL HONDA REPAIRED THE LEAK AND THEN RETURNED IT STATING IT DID NOT LEAK. THE PARTICLE BOARD COVERING THE TIRE IS WARPED NOW. SINCE HONDA CLAIMS IT DID NOT LEAK, THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10152343 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: March 9, 2006
Summary:
THE FOURTH INCIDENT TOOK PLACE ON THURSDAY, MARCH 9, 2006. MY VEHICLE HAD BEEN DRIVEN APPROXIMATELY 3591 MILES. THE DETAILS OF THE INCIDENT WERE AS FOLLOWS: I PARKED MY VEHICLE IN THE GARAGE AT APPROXIMATELY 4:40 PM ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8, 2006. I STARTED MY VEHICLE AT APPROXIMATELY 5:40 AM ON THURSDAY, MARCH 9, 2006, AND ALLOWED THE ENGINE TO IDLE FOR APPROXIMATELY 4 TO 5 MINUTES. I INCREASED THE RPM TO 1500 TWO TIMES FOR ONE SECOND EACH. I REVERSED AND BRAKED. MY VEHICLE STOPPED. I DROVE FORWARD UP AN INCLINE AND BRAKED. THE BRAKE PEDAL BECAME VERY HARD. I WAS UNABLE TO PUSH THE BRAKE PEDAL. MY VEHICLE ROLLED INTO THE STREET AND EVENTUALLY STOPPED. FORTUNATELY, NO PEDESTRIANS OR CARS WERE PRESENT IN THE STREET. I CALLED AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. MY CASE IS CURRENTLY BEING REVIEWED. I HAVE CALLED AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. FIVE TIMES AND I HAVE WRITTEN ONE LETTER. I HAVE ALSO OPENED A CLAIM WITH BBB AUTO LINE.*JB

ODI ID Number : 10152346 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: March 9, 2006
Summary:
THE FIFTH INCIDENT ALSO TOOK PLACE ON THURSDAY, MARCH 9, 2006. MY VEHICLE HAD BEEN DRIVEN APPROXIMATELY 3591 MILES. THE DETAILS OF THE INCIDENT WERE AS FOLLOWS: THE FIFTH INCIDENT OCCURRED A FEW MINUTES AFTER THE FOURTH INCIDENT. I CONTINUED TO DRIVE AFTER THE FOURTH INCIDENT AND TURNED RIGHT. I DROVE FORWARD ON A FLAT SURFACE AT NO MORE THAN 15 MPH. I APPROACHED A STOP SIGN. I BRAKED IN ADVANCE OF THE STOP SIGN. THE BRAKE PEDAL BECAME VERY HARD. I WAS UNABLE TO PUSH THE BRAKE PEDAL. THE CAR ROLLED INTO THE INTERSECTION AND EVENTUALLY STOPPED. FORTUNATELY, NO PEDESTRIANS OR CARS WERE PRESENT AT THE INTERSECTION. I CALLED AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. MY CASE IS CURRENTLY BEING REVIEWED. I HAVE CALLED AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. FIVE TIMES AND I HAVE WRITTEN ONE LETTER. I HAVE ALSO OPENED A CLAIM WITH BBB AUTO LINE. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10153780 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: March 24, 2006
Summary:
THE SIXTH INCIDENT TOOK PLACE ON FRIDAY, MARCH 24, 2006. MY VEHICLE HAD BEEN DRIVEN APPROXIMATELY 3928 MILES. THE DETAILS OF THE INCIDENT WERE AS FOLLOWS: I PARKED MY VEHICLE IN THE GARAGE AT APPROXIMATELY 4:30 PM ON THURSDAY, MARCH 23, 2006. I STARTED MY VEHICLE AT APPROXIMATELY 11:49 AM ON FRIDAY, MARCH 24, 2006, AND ALLOWED THE ENGINE TO IDLE FOR APPROXIMATELY 4 TO 5 MINUTES. I INCREASED THE RPM TO 1500 TWO TIMES FOR ONE SECOND EACH. I REVERSED AND BRAKED. MY VEHICLE STOPPED. I DROVE FORWARD UP AN INCLINE AND BRAKED. THE BRAKE PEDAL BECAME VERY HARD. I WAS UNABLE TO PUSH THE BRAKE PEDAL. MY VEHICLE ROLLED INTO THE STREET AND EVENTUALLY STOPPED. FORTUNATELY, NO PEDESTRIANS OR CARS WERE PRESENT IN THE STREET. TWO DISTRICT PARTS & SERVICE MANAGERS (DPSM) FROM AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. TEST DROVE MY VEHICLE FOR 8 MILES AT MY RESIDENCE. THEY WERE UNABLE TO DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM. ACCORDING TO THE DPSM, THE BRAKING SYSTEM OPERATED AS DESIGNED. THE MEDIATION DEPARTMENT OF AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. HAS DETERMINED THAT NO OFFERS WILL BE MADE. I HAVE DECIDED TO PROCEED WITH ARBITRATION VIA BBB AUTO LINE. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10154599 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: March 17, 2006
VIN : 1HGCM82686A...
Component: VISIBILITY:SUN ROOF ASSEMBLY
Summary:
PURCHASED A 2006 HONDA ACCORD COUPE ON MARCH 15TH 2006, WAS TRAVELING NO THE HIGHWAY WITH NO VEHICLE IN THE FRONT OF ME AND ON MARCH THE 17TH TWO DAYS AFTER PURCHASED MY SUN ROOF SHATTERED. TALKED TO THE DEALERSHIP, MANUFACTURER AND THEIR REPLY WAS ITS NOT A MANUFACTURER DEFECT THEREFORE ITS NOTHING THEY CAN DO. I HAD TO PAY $602.00 AT ANOTHER HONDA DEALERSHIP OUT OF TOWN FOR THE SUN ROOF TO BE REPLACED. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10154877 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: March 30, 2006
VIN : 1HGCM65526A...
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTSISC:ROTOR
Summary:
I PURCHASED A NEW 2006 ACCORD AND TOOK DELIVERY ON MARCH 29, 2006 FROM CLINTON HONDA, CLINTON, NJ. WITHIN ONE DAY AFTER DELIVERY I NOTICED A THUMPING SOUND AND VIBRATION FROM THE FRONT OF THE CAR DURING HARD BRAKING. I MADE A SERVICE APPOINTMENT AT THE EARLIEST AVAILABLE DATE AT THE DEALERSHIP. ON FRIDAY, APRIL 7, 2006 THE SERVICE MANAGER, MR. WILLIAM WILSON, INFORMED ME THAT THE FRONT BRAKE ROTORS WERE SLIGHTLY WARPED AND GLAZED AND THAT HONDA WOULD RESURFACE THE ROTORS UNDER WARRANTY. MR. WILSON INFORMED ME THAT IT IS HONDA POLICY TO RESURFACE BRAKE ROTORS ONCE UNDER WARRANTY. I ASKED HONDA TO REPLACE THE FRONT ROTORS BUT THEY HAVE REFUSED. BRAND NEW ROTORS SHOULD NOT BE WARPED AND GLAZED, THIS IS A SERIOUS SAFETY HAZARD. HONDA SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SELL SUCH A DEFECTIVE CAR. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10157185 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: May 10, 2006
VIN : 1HGCM56336A...
Component: SEAT BELTS:FRONT:ANCHORAGE
Summary:
FROM WHAT I CAN TELL THIS IS NOT A SAFETY ISSUE. JUST BOUGHT 2006 ACCORD SE MID APRIL TAKING DELIVERY A WEEK LATER. RETURNED THE VEHICLE TODAY AFTER LONG TRIP TO BORDERING STATE IN WHICH THE CONNECTION AT THE DOOR PANEL OF THE SHOULDER SAFETY BELT RATTLES RIGHT INTO THE DRIVERS LEFT EAR. HAD THIS TRIP BEEN TAKEN WITHIN THE 5 DAY PERIOD AFTER TAKING DELIVERY AND BEEN TOLD IT WAS SOMETHING WHICH COULD NOT BE FIXED, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN RETURNED TO THE DEALER FOR RETURN OF OUR 99 ACURA. NOW I HAVE A BRAND NEW CAR WITH RATTLE AT MY LEFT EAR AND MOST UNHAPPY. I LOVE DRIVING AND THIS TAKES AWAY DRIVING PLEASURE. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST HONDA WE HAVE OWNED BUT MAY WELL BE THE LAST! WE HAVE PRAISED THE HONDA PRODUCTS WHEN ASKED ABOUT OUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS ON HONDAS, AS HUSBAND HAD ACURA WHICH WAS TRADED IN FOR THIS VEHICLE. WAS ALSO TOLD THIS IS COMMON PROBLEM AND HAS BEEN FOR A FEW YEARS. WE HAD 87 CIVIC, 90 ACCORD SE, 99 ACURA, AND 97 ACCORD SE. THIS IS FIRST TIME WE HAVE HAD A PROBLEM THAT WAS NOT FIXED!!!! HAD THE FEELING SINCE DOES NOT AFFECT HOW THE CAR RUNS OR SAFETY FACTOR, IT IS NOTHING. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10159064 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: June 1, 2006
VIN : 1HGCM66306A...
Component: VISIBILITY:REARVIEW MIRRORS/DEVICES:INTERIOR
Summary:
DURING HOT WEATHER THE MIRROR SECTION OF THE INSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR BECAME LOOSE AND BEGAN TO VIBRATE, I PUSHED ON THE MIRROR SECTION AND IT MOVED BACK AND FORTH IN THE PLASTIC HOUSING. IT BECAME VERY DISTRACTING WHILE DRIVING, AND ALSO THE VEHICLES I COULD SEE IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR WERE DISTORTED AND NOT CLEARLY SEEN. I TOLD THE DEALER, THEY IN TURN CALLED THE ENGINEERS, WHO TOLD MY SERVICE DEPARTMENT THAT THEY KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM, TO FIX THE PROBLEM THE DEALER SAID THEY HAVE TO INSTALL SOME SPACING MATERIAL TO STOP THE MIRROR FROM VIBRATING. THE ENGINEERS SAID HEAT CAUSE THE SPACER HOLDING THE MIRROR EXPANDS DUE TO EXCESSIVE HEAT. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10159429 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: January 1, 1901
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:BATTERY
Summary:
CONSUMER COMPLAINT CONCERNING THE 2006 ACCORD BATTERY ODORS AND HOW IT AFFECTS THE PASSENGERS. *TS THE CONSUMER STATED THE BATTERY WAS LOCATED BEHIND THE BACK SEAT IN THE TRUNK. THE CONSUMER TEST DROVE TWO OTHER VEHICLES AND THE BATTERIES WERE NOT LOCATED BEHIND THE BACK SEAT IN THE TRUNK. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10160936 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: January 12, 2006
VIN : 1HGCM56796A...
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED THAT WHILE DRIVING DOWN A RAMP THE AIRBAG ON THE PASSENGER SIDE DEPLOYED WITHOUT CAUSE. THERE WAS NO PRE-INCIDENT BRAKING AND THE AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT DID NOT ILLUMINATE. THERE WAS NO POLICE REPORT FILED, PICTURES TAKEN OR REPAIR INVOICES AVAILABLE. THE DEALERSHIP RETAINED THE VEHICLE FOR 7 WEEKS AND COULD NOT DETERMINE THE PROBLEM HOWEVER THE CEILING, AIRBAG, AND THE SEAT WERE REPLACED.

ODI ID Number : 10163880 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: July 29, 2006
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM:EMISSION CONTROL:GAS RECIRCULATION VALVE (EGR VALVE)
Summary:
IT WAS FIRST THING IN THE MORNING , HAD DRIVEN IT LATE THE PREVIOUS EVENING. THE ENGINE LIGHT WENT ON , THE CAR BUCKED WHEN I TRIED TO ACCELERATE . I DROVE TO THE DEALERSHIP. ASKED ME IF I "TOPPED OFF" AT THE GAS STATION. I DID IN FACT TOP OFF THE LAST FILL UP. I WAS TOLD THAT COULD MAKE THE ENGINE LIGHT GO ON. NOW I HAVE A RENT A CAR. THEY NEED TO ORDER A NEW PART. V TEC. I HAVE ALWAYS TOPPED OFF AT THE GAS STATION. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD OR WARNED NOT TO DO THAT WITH THE NEW HONDA'S IF IN FACT THAT IS THE REASON FOR THIS. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10167024 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: August 27, 2006
Component: TIRES:SIDEWALL
Summary:
DRIVING OUR 2 MONTH OLD 2006 HONDA ACCORD SEDAN EX SPECIAL EDITION ON A STRETCH OF SMOOTH ROAD THE RIGHT FRONT TIRE SUDDENLY AND WITHOUT WARNING LOST AIR. WE HAD NOT SEEN ANYTHING IN ROAD, HIT A POTHOLE OR CURB OR ANYTHING ELSE. THERE WAS NO INDICATION THAT ANYTHING INFLUENCED THE TIRE TO BLOW. UPON INSPECTION OF THE TIRE A 1.5 INCH HOLE WAS IN THE SIDEWALL. THERE WAS NOTHING IN THE ROAD THAT COULD HAVE CAUSED THIS EVENT. FORTUNATELY, WE WERE ABLE TO PULL OFF THE ROAD OUT OF TRAFFIC AND CHANGE THE TIRE WITHOUT FURTHER COMPLICATIONS. TWO MICHELIN AUTHORIZED TIRE COMPANIES TOLD ME THAT WE MUST HAVE HIT SOMETHING THAT CAUSED THE PUNCTURE AND THAT MICHELIN WOULD NOT OFFER ANY WARRANTY ON THE TIRE. I WAS STUNNED THAT THIS COULD BE POSSIBLE ON A 2 MONTH OLD TIRE WITH LESS THAN TWO THOUSAND MILES ON IT AND WITHOUT ANY IDENTIFIABLE EVENT THAT MIGHT HAVE CAUSED THE TIRE TO FAIL. I AM VERY PLEASED THAT THERE WAS NO RESULTING CRASH BUT I AM NOT HAPPY THAT I HAD TO SPEND ALMOST $200.00 TO REPLACE A TIRE ON MY NEW CAR WHEN I BELIEVE THERE WAS NOT ANY WAY I COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT. IF I HAD HIT A POTHOLE, CURB OR ANYTHING, IF THERE WAS EVIDENCE OF SOMETHING IN THE ROAD OR EVEN IF I HAD BEEN DRIVING AGGRESSIVELY I COULD UNDERSTAND IT, BUT THERE IS NO REASON IN MY MIND THAT THIS TIRE SHOULD HAVE FAILED NOR SHOULD I HAVE HAD TO PURCHASE A REPLACEMENT. I AM NOW CONCERNED ABOUT THE OTHER 9 MICHELIN TIRES ON OUR HONDAS ( WE PURCHASED TWO ACCORDS IN JULY) AND OUR SAFETY WHILE DRIVING THE CARS. *JB

Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 1
ODI ID Number : 10167146 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: July 22, 2006
VIN : 1HGCM56326A...
Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL
Summary:
LOW SPEED PARKING LOT ACCIDENT, AIR BAG DEPLOYED. PROPELLANT WAS NOT PROPERLY VENTED AND CAUSED 2ND DEGREE BURNS FROM THE THUMB TO THE ELBOW. **NM

ODI ID Number : 10167160 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: August 31, 2006
VIN : 1HGCM66526A...
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED THE BRAKES ROARED AND VIBRATED WHEN GOING DOWN A STEEP INCLINE. THE DEALERSHIP SWITCHED OUT THE PADS ON 6-06. THIS CORRECTED THE PROBLEM FOR ABOUT A MONTH. THE PROBLEM PERSISTED AFTER THE REPAIR.

ODI ID Number : 10167761 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: August 29, 2006
Summary:
1) NEW WHEEL BEARING AT 10,768 MILES 2) NEW TRANSMISSION AND REMOVAL/REPLACEMENT OF SAME SHIFT CABLE AT 10,791 MILES (SERVICE TECH ACKNOWLEDGES THE NOISE ON THE WORK TICKET) 3) ROTATE AND BALANCE OF TIRES DUE TO A SERIOUS VIBRATION PROBLEM IN THE STEERING WHEEL AT 10,791 MILES 4) RESURFACING OF ORIGINAL ROTORS, 4-WHEEL ALIGNMENT DUE TO NOISE AT 11,002 MILES 5) REPLACEMENT OF OLD ROTORS WITH NEW ROTORS AND BRAKE PADS AT 11,184 MILES. WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY ALL THIS WORK HAS BEEN PERFORMED ON OUR VEHICLE IF EVERYONE NOW STATES THAT THEY CANNOT HEAR THE GRINDING NOISE. WE HAVE MADE MULTIPLE GOOD FAITH ATTEMPTS (5 LOGGED WHICH INCLUDES THE FINAL ATTEMPT, AND 1 NOT LOGGED), TO HAVE OUR CAR REPAIRED CORRECTLY. AT THIS TIME, WE ARE ONLY LEFT WITH THE ROUTE OF ARBITRATION PROCEDURES OR BE LEFT WITH A SUBSTANDARD HONDA PRODUCT. *NM

Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Summary:
1) NEW WHEEL BEARING AT 10,768 MILES 2) NEW TRANSMISSION AND REMOVAL/REPLACEMENT OF SAME SHIFT CABLE AT 10,791 MILES (SERVICE TECH ACKNOWLEDGES THE NOISE ON THE WORK TICKET) 3) ROTATE AND BALANCE OF TIRES DUE TO A SERIOUS VIBRATION PROBLEM IN THE STEERING WHEEL AT 10,791 MILES 4) RESURFACING OF ORIGINAL ROTORS, 4-WHEEL ALIGNMENT DUE TO NOISE AT 11,002 MILES 5) REPLACEMENT OF OLD ROTORS WITH NEW ROTORS AND BRAKE PADS AT 11,184 MILES. WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY ALL THIS WORK HAS BEEN PERFORMED ON OUR VEHICLE IF EVERYONE NOW STATES THAT THEY CANNOT HEAR THE GRINDING NOISE. WE HAVE MADE MULTIPLE GOOD FAITH ATTEMPTS (5 LOGGED WHICH INCLUDES THE FINAL ATTEMPT, AND 1 NOT LOGGED), TO HAVE OUR CAR REPAIRED CORRECTLY. AT THIS TIME, WE ARE ONLY LEFT WITH THE ROUTE OF ARBITRATION PROCEDURES OR BE LEFT WITH A SUBSTANDARD HONDA PRODUCT. *NM

Component: SUSPENSION
Summary:

Component: SUSPENSION:FRONT:WHEEL BEARING
Summary:

ODI ID Number : 10169050 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: September 1, 2006
Component: TIRES
Summary:
2006 HONDA ACCORD WINDSHIELD IS WAVY AND DIFFICULT TO SEE OUT OF. THERE WAS ALSO A TIRE BLOW OUT. *KB THE CONSUMER CONTACTED THE DEALER AND MANUFACTURER. THEY BOTH CLAIMED THE WAVY WINDSHIELD WAS DUE TO THE AERODYNAMICS. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10169050 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: September 1, 2006
Component: VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD
Summary:
2006 HONDA ACCORD WINDSHIELD IS WAVY AND DIFFICULT TO SEE OUT OF. THERE WAS ALSO A TIRE BLOW OUT. *KB THE CONSUMER CONTACTED THE DEALER AND MANUFACTURER. THEY BOTH CLAIMED THE WAVY WINDSHIELD WAS DUE TO THE AERODYNAMICS. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10169055 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: January 1, 1901
VIN : 1HGCM56856A...
Component: OTHER
Summary:
CONSUMER REQUESTING UPDATE ON A 2006 HONDA ACCORD. *KB

thoots
post #15 of 105 Old 09-16-2006, 06:12 PM
2015 Corolla S Premium

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Red face Yawn. 2006 Hyundai Sonata

Make : HYUNDAI Model : SONATA Year : 2006
Manufacturer : HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY
ODI ID Number : 10130508 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: July 23, 2005
VIN : 5NPEU46F16H...
Component: SUSPENSION:AUTOMATIC STABILITY CONTROL (ASC)
Summary:
WE BOUGHT OUR 2006 HYUNDAI SONATA ON TUESDAY, JULY 19, 2005. WE WERE DRIVING ON A WINDY ROAD ON SATURDAY, JULY 23, 2005. WE WERE UNSURE AFTER JUST TURNING RIGHT FROM A STOP SIGN OF THE CORRECT DIRECTION SO WE WERE TRAVELING RELATIVELY SLOWLY FOR THIS ROAD AS WE WERE LOOKING AT THE MAILBOXES TO SEE IF THEY WERE INCREASING IN NUMBER. WE WERE TRAVELING AT APPROXIMATELY 30 MPH AND IN A LEFT CURVE IN THE ROAD. THE BRAKES/WHEELS LOCKED , THERE WAS SOME RUBBER SCREECHING, AND THE BACK END OF THE CAR FISH TAILED. MY HUSBAND THOUGHT TO TURN THE ESC BUTTON OFF ON THE CAR FOR THE REMAINDER OF THAT TRIP. WE WERE IN CONTACT WITH THE HYUNDAI DEALERSHIP THAT EVENING. WE WENT CAMPING THE NEXT DAY (SUNDAY) USING OUR TOW VEHICLE AND WE CALLED TO SET UP A TIME TO GET THE CAR IN. AT THE TIME MY HUSBAND ASKED IF THEY HAD ANY KNOWLEDGE OF ANY PROBLEMS OCCURRING LIKE THIS AND THE PERSON IN THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT DID A QUICK SEARCH AND STATED THE HE FOUND NONE. WHEN WE RETURNED HOME ON WENESDAY, JULY 27,2005 MY HUSBAND DID SOME RESEARCH ON THE COMPUTER AND FOUND SOME PROBLEMS ALREADY LINKED TO THIS CAR AND THIS PROBLEM. I PHONED YOUR ORGANIZATION THIS MORNING AND TALKED WITH THEM. I WAS ADVISED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS A NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID NUMBER OF 05V316000. I TOOK IT TO THE DEALERSHIP ALONG WITH MY FRUSTRATION AND COMPLAINTS OF THIS CAR EVEN MAKING IT OFF THE LOT. IN A 10 - 15 MINUTE CONVERSATION I HAD WITH THE SERVICE MANAGER THE CHIP WAS REPLACED , SUPPOSEDLY FIXING THE PROBLEM. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10134994 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: August 2, 2005
VIN : KMHEU46C06A...
Component: STEERING
Summary:
DT: THE CONTACT OWNS A 2006 HYUNDAI SONATA. THE CONTACT STATES THAT THE VEHICLE OVER STEERS VERY BADLY. HE STATES THAT IF ONE BARELY TURNS THE STEERING WHEEL IT WILL LUNGE INTO THAT DIRECTION. HAS TO CONSTANTLY CORRECT THE STEERING OF THE VEHICLE IN THE DIRECTION CONSUMER WANTS IT TO GO. THE VEHICLE WAS TAKEN TO THE DEALERSHIP TWICE, AND THEY TOLD HIM THAT NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE VEHICLE. HE CONTACTED THE MANUFACTURER, AND HE WANTED THEM TO BUY THE VEHICLE BACK BECAUSE HE DID NOT FEEL THAT HIS WIFE WAS SAFE WHILE DRIVING THE VEHICLE. THE MANUFACTURER WAS GOING TO CONSIDER A BUY BACK OF THE VEHICLE. THE AIR PRESSURE TO THE VEHICLE WAS TO BE 30, BUT IT WAS 45. THIS WAS TO HAVE BEEN DONE AT PRIOR TO DELIVERY INSPECTION. THIS PROBLEM GETS WORSE WHILE DRIVING IN THE RAIN.*AK *NM

ODI ID Number : 10135572 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: September 7, 2005
VIN : 5NPEU46F26H...
Component: SEAT BELTS:FRONT:WARNING LIGHT/DEVICES
Summary:
THE SEAT-BELT WARNING CHIME ON THIS VEHICLE ACTIVATES THE MOMENT THE DRIVER'S BELT IS UNBUCKLED EVEN IF THE CAR IS AT REST, THE AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE IS IN PARK, AND THE PARKING BRAKE IS SET. THIS LOUD, GRATING CHIME REPEATS EVERY 6 SECS. ALTHOUGH I ASSUME THE SYSTEM MEETS CURRENT NHTSA RULES PER SE, THERE IS A SAFETY THREAT BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN MANY POSTS ON INTERNET FORUMS FROM PEOPLE WANTING TO KNOW HOW TO DEACTIVATE THE SYSTEM BECAUSE THEY, LIKE MOST DRIVERS, HAVE OCCASION TO BE IN THE VEHICLE NOT IN TRAFFIC WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING. EXAMPLES INCLUDE DRIVE-UP BANK TELLER AND ATM'S, DRIVE-THRU FOOD SERVICE LANES, AND IN PARKING LOTS WITH THE VEHICLE IDLING TO MAKE CELL PHONE SALES CALLS. SAFETY IS THREATENED BECAUSE IF THE CHIME IS DISCONNECTED THEN IT CAN'T WARN IF THE DRIVER TRULY FORGETS ONCE THE VEHICLE IS MOVED FROM REST OR IF THE DRIVER FORGETS THE KEY, WHICH WOULD INCREASE THE RISK OF JOY-RIDERS STEALING THE VEHICLE. ALSO, SHADE-TREE MECHANICS COULD DAMAGE THE SEAT-BELT PRETENSIONER SYSTEM WIRING TRYING TO "HOT-WIRE" THE BUCKLE SWITCH. I CALL ON THE NHTSA TO CALL ON HYUNDAI TO MODIFY THE SYSTEM AND THE PROMULGATE NEW RULES THAT WOULD REQUIRE THAT ADDITIONAL WARNING CHIMES AFTER THE FIRST TIMED CYCLE BE ALLOWED ONLY AFTER THERE ARE SIGNS THAT THE VEHICLE IS MOVING, SUCH AS SPEEDOMETER INPUT, THE VEHICLE'S BEING REMOVED FROM PARK OR SHIFTED INTO GEAR, OR THE PARKING BRAKE BEING RELEASED (FOR EXAMPLE, SIMILAR TO THE SYSTEM FOR THE WARNING LIGHT ON THE 1997 CHEVROLET CAVALIER THAT I DRIVE AT WORK). *NM

ODI ID Number : 10137262 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: September 10, 2005
VIN : 5NPEU46F46H...
Summary:
PAGGENGER SIDE AIR BAG LIGHT STAYED LIGHTED WHEN SEAT WAS OCCUPIED BY AN ADULT INDICATING THAT IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT AIR BAG WAS NOT AVAILABLE FOR USE. CONCACT WITH DEALER GOT A REQUEST THAT CAR BE BROUGHT TO DEALER FOR SOLUTION TO PROBLEM.

ODI ID Number : 10143987 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: November 23, 2005
VIN : 5NPEU46F56H...
Component: VISIBILITY:POWER WINDOW DEVICES AND CONTROLS
Summary:
THE CARS ELECTRIC WINDOWS DO NOT ROLL DOWN DURING DAMP WEATHER BELOW FREEZING. WITH HEATER ON HIGH AND 25 MIN. LATER WORKED AFTER DOOR WAS CLOSED. THIS HAPPEN TWICE, NO ICE OR FROST ON ANY WINDOW. SEEMED TO BE INTERNAL. IF THIS WAS THE LAST ESCAPE ROUTE REMANDING, I WOULD BE TRAPPED IN THE CAR.*JB

ODI ID Number : 10148234 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: January 20, 2006
VIN : 5NPEU46F26H...
Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS
Summary:
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A NEW 2006 HYUNDAI SONATA. I HAVE HAD THE VEHICLE TO THE DEALER SEVERAL TIMES BECAUSE OF HEADLIGHT ISSUES. VEHICLE FROM FACTORY WAS BLINDING ONCOMING TRAFFIC. DEALER ADJUSTED HEADLIGHTS SO LOW THAT THEY DID NOT ILLUMINATE THE ROAD FOR ANY REASONABLE DISTANCE. RETURN TRIP TO DEALER RESULTED IN HEADLIGHTS THAT DID AN EFFECTIVE JOB OF LIGHTING THE TREES ABOVE. THIRD TRIP TO DEALER HAS RESULTED IN HEADLIGHTS THAT DO NOT PROPERLY LIGHT THE ROAD FOR ANY DISTANCE. I HAVE ADJUSTED THEM ACCORDING TO THE PROCEDURE IN THE SERVICE MANUAL, AND THEY PERFORM SIMILARLY TO WHEN THE VEHICLE CAME FROM THE FACTORY. THEY AGAIN BLIND ONCOMING TRAFFIC TO THE POINT THAT I AM AGAIN BEING "FLASHED" BY ONCOMING TRAFFIC. I HAVE VERIFIED THAT THE LIGHTS ARE VERY BRIGHT TO ONCOMING TRAFFIC BY DRIVING TOWARDS THE SONATA IN ANOTHER VEHICLE ON A TWO LANE ROAD WHILE ANOTHER PERSON IS DRIVING THE SONATA. I HAVE RECEIVED CONCURRENCE THAT OTHERS ARE EXPERIENCING THIS CONDITION VIA AN INTERNET NEWSGROUP. THE DEALER ALSO STATES THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED COMPLAINTS FROM OTHERS ON THIS ISSUE, AND NOTHING CAN BE DONE, AS THEY ARE "THE NEW EUROPEAN STYLE HEADLIGHTS, AND THEY ARE JUST BRIGHTER". *NM

Crash : No Fire : No Number of Injuries: 1
ODI ID Number : 10150376 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: January 14, 2006
Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Summary:
1. REAR PASSENGER SIDE REPEAT RATTLING THUMPING NOISE IN SUSPENSION AT SPEEDS BELOW 40 MPH CAUSING DISTURBANCE AND AGITATION TO CABIN DRIVER OR PASSENGERS 2. REAR PASSENGER SIDE DRONING-HUMMING ECHO NOISE MORE NOTICEABLE OVER 40 MPH AND AT STEADY MAINTAINED SPEED CAUSING DISTURBANCE AND AGITATION TO CABIN DRIVER OR PASSENGERS 3. SLOSHING NOISE OF GASOLINE IN GAS TANK AFTER THE GAS TANK IS FILLED AND A GRINDING NOISE WHEN THE BRAKES ARE DEPRESSED IN AND AROUND THE GAS TANK AREA AFTER THE GAS TANK IS FILLED CAUSING DISTURBANCE AND AGITATION TO CABIN DRIVER OR PASSENGERS. *NM

Summary:
1. REAR PASSENGER SIDE REPEAT RATTLING THUMPING NOISE IN SUSPENSION AT SPEEDS BELOW 40 MPH CAUSING DISTURBANCE AND AGITATION TO CABIN DRIVER OR PASSENGERS 2. REAR PASSENGER SIDE DRONING-HUMMING ECHO NOISE MORE NOTICEABLE OVER 40 MPH AND AT STEADY MAINTAINED SPEED CAUSING DISTURBANCE AND AGITATION TO CABIN DRIVER OR PASSENGERS 3. SLOSHING NOISE OF GASOLINE IN GAS TANK AFTER THE GAS TANK IS FILLED AND A GRINDING NOISE WHEN THE BRAKES ARE DEPRESSED IN AND AROUND THE GAS TANK AREA AFTER THE GAS TANK IS FILLED CAUSING DISTURBANCE AND AGITATION TO CABIN DRIVER OR PASSENGERS. *NM

Component: SUSPENSION:REAR
Summary:

ODI ID Number : 10150521 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: January 1, 2006
VIN : 5NPEU46F96H...
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:GASOLINE
Summary:
I PURCHASED A 2006 HYUNDAI SONATA IN OCTOBER 2005. THE VEHICLE HAS DEVELOPED A HIGH PITCHED WHINE AT 60-69 MPH (2,000 RPM). I HAVE TAKEN THE VEHICLE TO MY HYUNDAI DEALERSHIP AND THEY HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY HYUNDAI ENGINEERS THAT THE NOISE COMES FROM A DESIGN FLAW DEALING WITH THE VARIABLE INTAKE MANIFOLD. THEY ARE APPARENTLY AWARE OF THIS MATTER BUT ARE DOING NOTHING TO RECTIFY IT. THE NOISE IS LOUD ENOUGH AND HIGH PITCHED ENOUGH THAT IT COULD AND DOES CAUSE A DRIVING DISTRACTION. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10154168 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: March 30, 2006
VIN : 5NPEU46FX6H...
Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL:SENSOR/CONTROL MODULE
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED WHILE DRIVING AT NO SPECIFIC SPEED WITH A PASSENGER, THE AIR BAG LAMP ILLUMINATED COMMUNICATING TO THE CONTACT THAT THE AIR BAG WAS DISABLED. THE PASSENGER IS THE WIFE OF THE CONTACT WHICH WEIGHED ENOUGH TO KEEP THE AIR BAG ACTIVATED. THE VEHICLE WAS TAKEN TO THE DEALER FOR INSPECTION. THE DEALER DETERMINED THE AIR BAG SENSOR WAS OPERATING NORMAL; HOWEVER, THE DEALER DETERMINED THE PASSENGER SHOULD CHANGE POSTURE AND SITTING POSITIONS WHILE SITTING IN THE PASSENGER SEAT. UPDATED 4/17/2006 - THE AIR BAG FUNCTIONS PROPERLY INTERMITTENTLY. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10154995 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: April 4, 2006
Summary:
RF TIRE EXHIBITED BLISTER ON SIDEWALL. AMERICA'S TIRE IN ROSEVILLE, CA STATED IT WAS NOT A MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT, BUT THE FAULT OF DRIVER. HENCE TIRE WAS NOT REPLACED FREE UNDER WARRANTY, BUT REPLACED AT HALF PRICE. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10155597 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: March 25, 2006
VIN : 5NPEU46F06H...
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Summary:
BOUGHT A 2006 HYUNDAI SONATA MARCH 18, 2006 AT OURISMAN HYUNDAI IN LAUREL, MD. A WEEK LATER, MARCH 25, 2006, HAD TO HAVE THE CAR TOWED BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP BECAUSE THE ENGINE OVER HEATED, WHILE IN HEAVY TRAFFIC, DUE TO THE FANS NOT WORKING. THE DEALERSHIP ORDERED A FAN MODULE AND PLACED IT IN MY CAR. THE DEALERSHIP ALLOWED ME TO TAKE ANOTHER BRAND NEW 2006 SONATA AS A LOANER UNTIL MY CAR WAS FIXED. I TOLD THE DEALERSHIP I DID NOT WANT MY CAR BACK AND TO GIVE ME ANOTHER 2006 SONATA. AFTER DAYS OF CALLING BACK TO SEE IF THEY WOULD, THEY REFUSED. PICKED UP MY CAR FROM THE DEALERSHIP FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2006. APRIL 18, 2006 BOUGHT THE CAR BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP BECAUSE THE A/C WAS NOT WORKING. THE DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THE FANS ARE NOT WORKING AND THERE IS AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. THEY ARE RENTING A CAR FOR ME UNTIL MY CAR IS FIXED. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10156494 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: May 1, 2006
VIN : KMHET46CX6A...
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED THERE IS A SUBTLE ODOR IN THE VEHICLE THAT MAKES THE OCCUPANTS ILL. THE VEHICLE WAS SEEN BY THE DEALER, BUT THE DEALER WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM. ALTHOUGH THE DEALER DID NOT DETECT AN ODOR, THE DEALER SUGGESTED USING AN AIR FRESHENER. *AK

ODI ID Number : 10156704 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: April 27, 2006
VIN : 5NPEU46F36H...
Summary:
REAR SUSPENSION HAS ANNOYING AND LOUD THUMPING NOISE WHEN GOING OVER BUMPS UNDER 40 MPH. STARTED NOTICING NOISE WITHIN 1000 MILES AFTER PURCHASING VEHICLE, WHICH WAS ON 10/26/05. MANUFACTURER HAS ADMITTED THE PROBLEM IN A BBB ARBITRATION HEARING, CASE NO. HYU0641565 DATED 04/27/06 AND STATED IT AS A CHARACTERISTIC OF THE VEHICLE. ALSO IN A TELEPHONE CONVERSATIONS WITH A REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVE AND OTHERS AS A PROBLEM. TOOK THE PROBLEM TO DEALERSHIP, WHO COULD NOT FIND THE CAUSE AND DID NOT PUT IT ON THE WORK ORDERS. THEREFORE, I LOST THE ARBITRATION HEARING, EVEN THOUGH THEY TOLD ME PERSONALLY THAT HYUNDAI TOLD THEM NOT TO DO ANYTHING, BECAUSE THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN TERMS OF THE THUMPING. WHAT AUTOMOBILE MANUFACTURER WOULD INCORPORATE A NOISE IN THEIR VEHICLES AS A SELLING FEATURE AND STATE IT'S A CHARACTERISTIC OF THE VEHICLE? IF HYUNDAI DOES NOT KNOW THE CAUSE OF THE REAR SUSPENSION NOISE, THEN THEY DO NOT KNOW IF A SAFETY FACTOR IS INVOLVED. THE SUSPENSION COULD AND PROBABLY IS DEFECTIVE IN SOME WAY. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10156891 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: May 5, 2006
VIN : 5NPEU46F86H...
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT AIR BAG SENSOR IS MALFUNCTIONING. THE AIR BAG OFF LIGHT ILLUMINATES EVERY TIME THE SEAT IS OCCUPIED. NO MATTER WHAT THE WEIGHT IS OF THE PASSENGER OR HOW THE SEAT IS BEING SAT IN. THE VEHICLE WAS TAKEN TO THE DEALER, UPON INSPECTION THE CONTACT WAS ASKED TO VIDEO TAPE THE PASSENGER TO ENSURE THE CORRECT SEATING POSITION WAS BEING MAINTAINED. THE VIDEO TAPE WAS OFFERED TO THE DEALER AND MANUFACTURER.

ODI ID Number : 10157418 Number of Deaths: 0
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED WHILE ACCELERATING AT ANYTIME THE VEHICLE HESITATED WITHOUT WARNING. THE DEALER INDICATED THIS WAS THE DESIGN OF THE VEHICLE. THE CONSUMER STATED THE VEHICLE GOES INTO NEUTRAL WHEN THE ACCELERATOR WAS RELEASED IT WOULD STOP. UPDATED 07/05/06 *JB

ODI ID Number : 10157418 Number of Deaths: 0
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED WHILE ACCELERATING AT ANYTIME THE VEHICLE HESITATED WITHOUT WARNING. THE DEALER INDICATED THIS WAS THE DESIGN OF THE VEHICLE. THE CONSUMER STATED THE VEHICLE GOES INTO NEUTRAL WHEN THE ACCELERATOR WAS RELEASED IT WOULD STOP. UPDATED 07/05/06 *JB

ODI ID Number : 10158003 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: May 14, 2006
VIN : KMHET46CX6A...
Component: LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES
Summary:
DOORS LOCK WITH KEYPAD WHILE DOORS ARE STILL OPEN. AFTER SHOPPING I BUCKLED MY SON IN HIS CAR SEAT AND PUT THE GROCERIES IN THE VEHICLE. APPARENTLY I INADVERTENTLY HIT THE LOCK BUTTON ON THE KEYPAD AS I WAS PLACING MY SON IN HIS CAR SEAT. I SAT THE KEYS ON THE CENTER CONSOLE, CLOSED THE BACK DOOR AND WENT TO GET IN THE DRIVER DOOR AND THE KEYS WERE LOCKED IN THE VEHICLE AS WELL AS MY TODDLER SON IN HIS CAR SEAT. I CALLED 911 AND AFTER ATTEMPTING FOR AN HOUR THEY WERE UNABLE TO GET INTO THE VEHICLE. THE CHOICES WERE BREAK A WINDOW TO GET IN (THUS TRAUMATIZING MY SON) OR HAVE A PRIVATE CITIZEN ATTEMPT TO BREAK INTO THE VEHICLE. A LOCKSMITH WAS CALLED AFTER MY SON WAS IN THE CAR FOR A 1/2 HOUR AND HE NEVER SHOWED. A PRIVATE CITIZEN HAD TO TAKE TWO SCREW DRIVERS AND PRY THE DOOR OPEN TO BE ABLE TO REACH THE DOOR HANDLE AND GET THE DOOR OPEN, THUS RESULTING IN DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE. THE DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE IS NOT MY CONCERN. THE FACT THAT THE DOORS WILL LOCK WITH THE KEYPAD WHILE STILL OPEN IS THE SAFETY CONCERN. I HAVE OWNED HONDA AND FORD IN THE PAST AND NEITHER OF WHICH WILL OPEN WILL DO THE ABOVE. I ALSO KNOW PEOPLE THAT HAVE SATURN, TOYOTA, DODGE, AND CHEVROLET AND THESE VEHICLE DOORS WILL NOT LOCK WITH THE KEYPAD WHILE THE DOORS ARE OPEN EITHER. I HAVE CONTACTED HYUNDAI AND THEY SAID IT IS NOT A MANUFACTURE DEFECT THE CAR IS DESIGNED THAT WAY. I LODGED A COMPLAINT WITH HYUNDAI CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND THEY DIDN'T SEEM TO FEEL IT WAS A SAFETY CONCERN. IN MY OPINION THIS COULD HAVE BEEN VERY DANGEROUS IF THE WEATHER WERE 90 DEGREES OR IF MY SON WAS AN INFANT CHILD. I FEEL THAT THE VEHICLES NEED TO BE RECALLED SO THAT THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN TO ME OR ANY OTHER HYUNDAI OWNER. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10159333 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: April 20, 2006
Summary:
RE NEW HYUNDAI SONATA 2006 WITH INTERMITTENT WARNING LIGHT WARNING THAT RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG IS INOPERATIVE. COMPLAINED TO DEALER SERVICE DEPARTMENT 2 DAYS AFTER TAKING DELIVERY. THEY AT FIRST BLAMED HOW MY WIFE WAS SITTING, THEN SUGGESTED THAT SHE DID NOT WEIGH ENOUGH TO ACTIVATE THE SEAT SENSOR. SHE WEIGHS 135 LB. & IT IS SUPPOSED TO ACTIVATE @ 80 LBS. NOW THEY SAY THEY CANNOT REPLACE OR REPAIR ANYTHING IN THE SYSTEM WITHOUT SEEING THE MALFUNCTION. I CANNOT DUPLICATE THE FAILURE ON COMMAND! IT IS TOTALLY RANDOM & INTERMITTENT. THEY HAVE MADE NO TROUBLE SHOOTING ATTEMPTS. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10159377 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: May 31, 2006
VIN : 5NPET46CX6H...
Summary:
THE BRAKES ON MY "NEW" HYUNDAI SONATA IS THE PROBLEM. THE CAR WILL STOP BUT WITH MY FOOT ON THE BRAKE PEDAL--THE PEDAL WILL GO TO THE FLOOR. TOOK THE CAR TO THE AGENCY 5/31/06 AND WAS TOLD THAT WAS "NORMAL" FOR THIS CAR !!! DUH !!! BOUGHT THE CAR 5/02/06 HAVE LESS THAN 1000 MILES ON IT NOW. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10160195 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: June 19, 2006
VIN : 5NPEU46F66H...
Component: SEAT BELTS:FRONT
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED WHILE USING THE DRIVER'S SEAT BELT IT CUTS INTO HER NECK. THERE IS NO WAY TO ADJUST THE SEAT BELT. THE DEALER STATED THE SEAT BELT WAS MANUFACTURED THAT WAY. UPDATED 7/3/2006 - *NM

ODI ID Number : 10161153 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: June 30, 2006
Summary:
I PURCHASED A NEW 2006 HYUNDAI SONATA GLS WITH MICHELIN TIRES. THE TIRES ARE WEATHER CRACKING ALREADY AFTER ONLY HALF A YEAR AND WITH 4350 MILES. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10161854 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: July 3, 2006
Component: SUSPENSION
Summary:
AFTER OWNING THE CAR AND DRIVING IT FOR LESS THAN 100 MILES, THERE WAS A NOTICEABLE VIBRATION ON THE AROUND 60-75 MPH. THE TIRES WERE RE-BALANCED AND THE CONDITION REMAINS. THE VEHICLE WAS TAKEN TO ANOTHER DEALER AND RE-BALANCED AND THE PROBLEM CONTINUES. WHEN I RETURNED AGAIN TO THE PURCHASING DEALER FOR THIS PROBLEM FOR A THIRD TIME, I WAS PROVIDED A LOANER VEHICLE (GLS V-6) AND IT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM, BUT MORE EVIDENT. WHEN I RECEIVED MY VEHICLE, THE PROBLEM REMAINS. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10163503 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: July 10, 2006
VIN : 5NPEU46F16H...
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:COOLING SYSTEM:FAN
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED, THE COOLING FAN SENSOR MALFUNCTIONED, CAUSING THE HOOD AND FENDERS TO BECOME EXTREMELY HOT. THE DEALER HAS NOT CALLED HOWEVER THE VEHICLE HAS NOT BEEN INSPECTED.

ODI ID Number : 10165152 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: August 9, 2006
VIN : KMHET46C16A...
Summary:
THUMPING NOISE AND VIBRATION FROM REAR SUSPENSION ON BUMPY ROADS. FEELS SIMILAR TO WHAT YOU MIGHT EXPERIENCE IF THE GAS TANK WERE LOOSE, OR EXHAUST HIT UNDERCARRIAGE OF CAR, OR IF SPARE TIRE WERE LOOSE IN THE TRUNK. BECAME MORE NOTICEABLE IN WARMER WEATHER, AND AFTER 5000 MILES. SEEMS TO HAVE NO EFFECT ON HANDLING OR STABILITY. RETURNED CAR TO DEALER. DEALER ACKNOWLEDGED SEVERAL COMPLAINTS, BUT INSISTED THAT IT WAS A CHARACTERISTIC OF SUSPENSION DESIGN AND NOTHING WAS WRONG NOR COULD ANYTHING BE DONE TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM. *NM

ODI ID Number : 10165418 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: July 10, 2006
Summary:
1) FRONT AIR BAG PASSENGER SEAT SENSOR RANDOMLY WORKS WHEN MY WIFE IS SITTING IN SEAT (SHE WEIGHS APPROX. 130LBS). IT'S BEEN A PROBLEM SINCE VEHICLE PURCHASE IN 06/2006. 2) I HAVE TO KEEP STOPPING VEHICLE TO SHUT OFF AND RESTART TO CLEAR OFF LIGHT (AND HOPE IT ACTUALLY IS ON WHEN THE LIGHT IS OUT). CONSEQUENCES IS THAT IF IT DOESN'T DEPLOY IF I EVER HAVE AN ACCIDENT, MY WIFE COULD GET KILLED (OR ANYONE ELSE IN THE PASSENGER SEAT). 3) I HAVE HAD THE VEHICLE IN THE GARAGE 3-4 TIMES TO HAVE IT FIXED. THEY REPLACED THE SEAT CUSHION ONCE AND IT DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM. HYUNDAI WANTS THE SEAT SENT TO THEM (SO THEY CAN "RE-PROGRAM" IT. I WANT A NEW SEAT SENT TO ME AND REPLACED. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY DO TO "RE-PROGRAM" IT, BUT IF I EVER TRADE THE VEHICLE, IT MIGHT NOT WORK FOR THE NEW CAR OWNERS (NOT A VERY GOOD SOLUTION). IF THE LIGHT STAYS ON (MEANING THE AIR BAG IS OFF) AND MY WIFE DOESN'T MOVE, I TURN OFF THE CAR AND RESTART IT, THE LIGHT WILL GO OFF 1/2 THE TIME. THEY BLAME IT ON THE WAY SHE SITS IN THE SEAT. BUT IF IT GOES OUT AFTER RESTARTING THE CAR AND SHE DOESN'T MOVE, THEN THIS DOESN'T HOLD TRUE. INCIDENT DATE IS APPROX FOR FIRST OCCURRENCE. IT HAS HAPPENED TOO MANY TIMES TO LIST ALL DAYS (PROBABLY OVER 100 TIMES SO FAR). VIN CAN BE PROVIDED IF NECESSARY. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10165585 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: November 20, 2005
VIN : 5NPEU46F46H...
Summary:
I HAVE HAD MY 2006 HYUNDAI SONATA GLS SINCE NOVEMBER OF 2005. FROM THE BEGINNING I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE PASSENGER SIDE AIR BAG LIGHT. THE SENSOR WILL NOT DETECT MY WIFE OVER HALF OF THE TIME. I AM ON A HYUNDAI FORUM AND THIS PROBLEM IS BEING EXPERIENCED BY MANY MANY OTHER SONATA OWNERS. WE HAVE ALL COMPLAINED TO OUR DEALERS AND ARE BEING TOLD THAT IT HAS TO DO WITH THE OCCUPANT'S POSITION IN THE SEAT. MOVING AROUND DOESN'T HELP AT ALL. HYUNDAI IS WELL AWARE OF THIS SAFETY PROBLEM AND REFUSES TO ISSUE A RECALL OR TO EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE THE EXISTENCE OF THE PROBLEM. *JB

Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 1
ODI ID Number : 10166449 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: July 30, 2006
Component: AIR BAGS:SIDE/WINDOW
Summary:
MY HUSBAND AND I RENTED A 2006 HYUNDAI SONATA V6 FROM AVIS CAR RENTAL IN KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI WHILE ON VACATION. WHILE RETURNING TO KANSAS CITY ON I-70, THE CAR IN THE LANE NEXT TO US BLEW A TIRE, LOST CONTROL, SPUN IN THE ROAD AND HIT THE PASSENGER SIDE OF OUR CAR WITH THE FRONT OF THEIR CAR, FORCING US OFF THE ROADWAY AND INTO THE MEDIAN OF THE INTERSTATE. I WAS SITTING IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT AND THE PASSENGER DOOR STRUCK THE SIDE OF MY TORSO AS IT WAS CAVING IN, INJURING MY RIGHT SHOULDER AND NECK. ALTHOUGH HYUNDAI ADVERTISES BOTH SIDE IMPACT AND SIDE CURTAIN AIRBAGS, NEITHER AIRBAG DEPLOYED IN THIS HIGH-SPEED SIDE-IMPACT CRASH, RESULTING IN INJURY TO MY SHOULDER. WE DO NOT KNOW THE REPAIR STATUS OF THE RENTAL CAR, BUT HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY AVIS THAT THEY HAVE HIRED ENGINEERS TO REVIEW THE CAR AND DETERMINE WHY THE AIRBAGS DID NOT DEPLOY. *JB

ODI ID Number : 10167844 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: September 11, 2006
VIN : 5NPET46CX6H...
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED BECAUSE THE PASSENGER SIDE FRONT AIRBAG WAS CALIBRATED TO DEACTIVATE WHEN A PERSON UNDER A CERTAIN WEIGHT SAT IN THE SEAT, THIS POSED A SAFETY ISSUE FOR FRAIL ELDERLY ADULTS AND ADULTS OF SMALL STATURE. THE DEALERSHIP WAS AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND INFORMED THE CONTACT THE AIRBAG COULD BE RECALIBRATED.

ODI ID Number : 10168175 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: September 13, 2006
VIN : 5NPEU46F968...
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM
Summary:
DT*: THE CONTACT STATED WHILE DRIVING 30 MPH ON BUMPY ROAD CONDITIONS, THE EXHAUST PIPE SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS COMING INTO CONTACT WITH THE BODY OF THE VEHICLE. THE DEALERSHIP DETERMINED THE UNDERNEATH OF THE VEHICLE WAS SECURE AND NOTHING SEEMED TO BE HITTING THE BODY OF THE VEHICLE. THE DEALERSHIP ALSO INFORMED THE CONTACT THREE OTHER VEHICLES WERE TEST DRIVEN AND THE SAME SOUND WAS PRESENT. AN EMPLOYEE WHO WORKED AT THE MANUFACTURER'S FACTORY INFORMED THE CONTACT THE FUEL TANK WAS HITTING THE BODY OF THE VEHICLE.

thoots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry 5th & 6th Gen (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)/2nd Gen Solara (2004-2008)