Driver side not blowing AC/passenger side not blowing heat - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry 5th & 6th Gen (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)/2nd Gen Solara (2004-2008) Toyota Camry Discussion for years 2002-2006 & 2007-2011, as well as Solara Discussion for years 2004-2008. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-22-2019, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Driver side not blowing AC/passenger side not blowing heat

I have a gen 6 (2009) Camry LE (so no dual climate control). I've noticed the passenger side blows AC, but the drivers side will only blow ambient temperature air. When I throw on the heat instead, it's opposite, the passenger side will barely have hot air and also be close to ambient, but blows hot air out the driver side. I don't believe it is a fuse as a few times it will randomly work properly and blow out hot air from both or cold air from both. Any suggestions on what to check/fix?

Thanks

2009 Toyota Camry LE - Retrofit MDX HID Projectors - 30% Tint All Around - Aftermarket Fog Lights w/ Nokya 2500k - 16x7 Konig Swurve - Clifford SmartStart w/ VIP alarm - Ultra Racing Strut Bar - UR Rear Sway Bar - UR Lower 4 Point Brace - Husky Floor Liners - Mesh Black Grille
1990 Toyota Camry DX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-22-2019, 05:50 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
This post is from a few days ago.

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...er-s-side.html
post #3 of 8 Old 05-22-2019, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob120261 View Post

Thanks however my issue affects when I turn on the heat too, not just AC, so I don't believe it is the same freon issue.

2009 Toyota Camry LE - Retrofit MDX HID Projectors - 30% Tint All Around - Aftermarket Fog Lights w/ Nokya 2500k - 16x7 Konig Swurve - Clifford SmartStart w/ VIP alarm - Ultra Racing Strut Bar - UR Rear Sway Bar - UR Lower 4 Point Brace - Husky Floor Liners - Mesh Black Grille
1990 Toyota Camry DX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-27-2019, 06:04 PM
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Gen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbonfyber View Post
I have a gen 6 (2009) Camry LE (so no dual climate control). I've noticed the passenger side blows AC, but the drivers side will only blow ambient temperature air. When I throw on the heat instead, it's opposite, the passenger side will barely have hot air and also be close to ambient, but blows hot air out the driver side. I don't believe it is a fuse as a few times it will randomly work properly and blow out hot air from both or cold air from both. Any suggestions on what to check/fix?

Thanks
Hi Karbonfyber,
Remember me ?? I helped you with your MDX hid retrofit. Anyways my Gen6 Camry started to do this on Saturday while driving a 45 mile trip. My AC would blow room temperature air out of the drivers side vents and cold air out of the passenger side vents. I googled this problem and its very common on the gen Camry. Our air conditioners need to be recharged. So I am going to go and buy the AC Pro recharge kit and this my self. The kit runs between $27-40 depending where you buy it. I already have the hose and the gage since I have done this to other vehicles. There are YouTube videos on how to do this. When I do this I will post with my findings. Here is a link to the product. I am going to go to my local autozone, since I already have the hose and gage all I need is the can of refrigerant which is $27. Here is a link to the product.
Amazon Amazon

Glenn

Sent from my A622GL using Tapatalk

MDX-TSX-R HID RETROFIT, XENON DIGITAL BALLASTS, 85122 + BULBS, GEN 6.5 CHROME WHEELS, ADVENT NAVI MEGANF.S.T.B. BLACKED OUT HEADLIGHTS, W.T FLOORLINER

Last edited by glenn14; 05-28-2019 at 01:56 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-27-2019, 06:13 PM
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM

Garage
Quote:

Thanks
Here is a picture of the hose and gage that you use with the AC Pro Charge
Glenn

MDX-TSX-R HID RETROFIT, XENON DIGITAL BALLASTS, 85122 + BULBS, GEN 6.5 CHROME WHEELS, ADVENT NAVI MEGANF.S.T.B. BLACKED OUT HEADLIGHTS, W.T FLOORLINER
post #6 of 8 Old 05-30-2019, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn14 View Post
Hi Karbonfyber,
Remember me ?? I helped you with your MDX hid retrofit. Anyways my Gen6 Camry started to do this on Saturday while driving a 45 mile trip. My AC would blow room temperature air out of the drivers side vents and cold air out of the passenger side vents. I googled this problem and its very common on the gen Camry. Our air conditioners need to be recharged. So I am going to go and buy the AC Pro recharge kit and this my self. The kit runs between $27-40 depending where you buy it. I already have the hose and the gage since I have done this to other vehicles. There are YouTube videos on how to do this. When I do this I will post with my findings. Here is a link to the product. I am going to go to my local autozone, since I already have the hose and gage all I need is the can of refrigerant which is $27. Here is a link to the product.
https://www.amazon.com/Professional-...A281ICWJBRZ31L

Glenn

Hey Glenn I do remember you, about to do another pair of MDX retrofit headlights actually =)

Was yours blowing hot air out the driver side and not on the passenger side if you switched it to heat also? That's my worry is that it isn't just the cold air that is messed up, its also the hot air

1990 Toyota Camry DX
post #7 of 8 Old 05-30-2019, 01:20 PM
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM

Garage
Quote:
Hey Glenn I do remember you, about to do another pair of MDX retrofit headlights actually =)

Was yours blowing hot air out the driver side and not on the passenger side if you switched it to heat also? That's my worry is that it isn't just the cold air that is messed up, its also the hot air
I took my Camry SE for a drive and tested the heat and ac. The heat blew hot out of all the vents. The ac only blows cold out of the passenger side vents. I did this test on my way to Walmart where I did buy the AC Pro R134 refrigerant so I am going to try this and hopefully this works. I will post back here with my results. I also just redid my MDX retrofit with new headlights since my old ones were gone.
Glenn

post #8 of 8 Old 05-31-2019, 12:29 PM
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM

Garage
To karbonfyber,
I put in the AC PRO Refrigerant and my A/C now works perfectly and blows Ice Cold. So yours must be a different problem. Sorry I couldn't help :-( hopefully you can get this resolved

Glenn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry 5th & 6th Gen (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)/2nd Gen Solara (2004-2008)