check hybrid system and vcs - Page 34 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry Hybrid Discussion area for the Toyota Camry Hybrid. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving Americas favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #496 of 505 Old 03-20-2017, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
My only suggestion is to test 12V. As it provides power supply to many electronics, so if 12V goes low, a lot may act up. Please.
Otherwise, no one can really remotely pinpoint what is wrong. Toyota uses Techstream as software that goes into the car guts to scope it. So dealership or good independent with that software and access to proprietary codes. As some things are released to dealership only.
12V you could test roughly at any parts store, just tell them it's deep cycle battery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #497 of 505 Old 03-20-2017, 06:59 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
My only suggestion is to test 12V. As it provides power supply to many electronics, so if 12V goes low, a lot may act up. Please.
Otherwise, no one can really remotely pinpoint what is wrong. Toyota uses Techstream as software that goes into the car guts to scope it. So dealership or good independent with that software and access to proprietary codes. As some things are released to dealership only.
12V you could test roughly at any parts store, just tell them it's deep cycle battery.
The battery was changed today, so this is occurring post 12v swap.
post #498 of 505 Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 PM

Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
Ah huh.... Then the only way is to scope. Did it throw warning lights immediately after 12V swap? If yes, Toyota says to do 3 consecutive complete Start up/Shut down procedures. This si supposed to reset the system.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #499 of 505 Old 03-20-2017, 09:04 PM
New TN User

Yep, tried that, but it did not work either I am wondering if it could be a fuse or something . I am terrified of dealerships I have my daughters wedding in two months, a tax liability to pay so I really can't afford to pay the super marked up prices of Toyota dealership right now. Thanks for taking a stab at it though.

Last edited by ukrkoz; 03-21-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: offensive word changed.
post #500 of 505 Old 03-21-2017, 01:06 PM

Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
Well, USB to OBD2 port cable is $35 online and Techstream is free. Several owners here very successfully use that approach on their cars. Even a basic OBD2 scanner may reveal error codes.
I doubt it's a fuse. May need simple system reboot, which I believe is $90 or so at dealership (please, refrain from using derogatory term.) when they re-flash system with proper year software.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukrkoz For This Useful Post:
kfulton (03-29-2017)
post #501 of 505 Old 03-21-2017, 10:50 PM

Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
"P0A80" Replace Hybrid Battery Pack.

INSPECTION PROCEDURE

PROCEDURE

1. CHECK FOR DTCS (DTC P0A1F-123 IS OUTPUT)
(a) Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3. (b) Turn the power switch on (IG). (c) Select the following menu items: DIAGNOSIS / OBD/MOBD / HV ECU / DTC INFO / CURRENT CODES. (d) Check if DTCs are output.
Result:
DTC P0A1F-123 is output.
YES -- GO TO INSPECTION PROCEDURE RELEVANT TO OUTPUT DTC
NO -- Continue to next step.
  1. READ VALUE ON INTELLIGENT TESTER
(a) Ensure the safety of the areas in front and at the back of the vehicle. (b) Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3. (c) Turn the power switch on (READY). (d) Select the following menu items: DIAGNOSIS / OBD/MOBD / HV ECU / DATA LIST / V1 to V17 BATT BLOCK. (e) Fully warm up the engine and turn the air conditioning off. (f) Firmly depress the brake pedal with your left foot. (g) Move the shift lever to the D position. (h) Record each battery block voltage from the data list (V1 to V17 BATT BLOCK) while fully depressing the accelerator pedal. (i) Compare the battery block voltages (V1 to V17 BATT BLOCK) between the even and odd number groups in each combination shown in the table below.

(j)
Check the voltage difference in the all 9 combinations.
OK:
The difference in voltage of all combinations is 0.3 V or more.
YES -- REPLACE BATTERY SMART UNIT
NO -- REPLACE HV BATTERY

This should be done with intelligent scanner. Like techstream.

post #502 of 505 Old 04-21-2017, 09:48 PM
New TN User

Smile 2012 Camry Hybrid LE Check Hybrid System

Tuned off high-beam stayed on after car off and locked. caution triangle warning light stayed on when driving, ended up not starting, after sever battery drainage. CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM MAINTENANCE REQUIRED Came up when trying to start. Research has shown me this has been a problem for this year and car. Have to go to DEALER for diagnostic😞 Experience would be helpful
Update; Saturday 04/22/2017 Dealership just called, said a rodent chewed through to camshaft censer, they will repair and replace pins for $ 110.00 total. I'm happy it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Last edited by Jova; 04-22-2017 at 02:30 PM. Reason: problem found and resolved by dealer
post #503 of 505 Old 06-14-2017, 04:45 AM
New TN User

That's about $4000 worth of relief!
post #504 of 505 Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 AM
New TN User

check hybrid system and vcs

I have camry 2007 hybrid , 130,000 mile , running normally without problems , yesterday I removed the passenger seat and the back seat and sent them for repair , the passenger seat is heated .
this morning i started the engine and turned on the air conditioner , then check hybrid system and vcs appeared but the car run smoothly ( without hybrid engine ) , do yoh think if I put the seats back on this problem will resolve ??
post #505 of 505 Old 10-09-2017, 12:40 PM

Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
Welcome to TN.
Did you disconnect 12V battery during removal?
To answer your question, Body Control Module totally knows seats were removed. This car has many computers that talk to each other. So it's plausible.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid