TPMS issues answered here - Page 4 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry Hybrid Discussion area for the Toyota Camry Hybrid. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving Americas favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 484 Old 10-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Hybrid Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
So you're saying that an '09 CAmry Hybrid doesn't even have TPMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_tch View Post
Canadians don't get TPMS. We're expected to be smart enough to check tire preasures manually
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 484 Old 10-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Official TN Member

Correct, not in Canada.

I have recently thought about contacting Toyota Canada and finding out if all that was required is a set of sensors and the reset button (assuming everything else is in place). But it would end up being about a 1K hit for parts and labour.
post #48 of 484 Old 03-02-2010, 07:22 AM
New TN User

Register new TPMS sensor to ECI without any tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crasher17 View Post
To register new TPMS with ECU you have to inflate the tire to 44 psi and then rapidly deflate 6psi or more. This can be done without dismounting tire.
Is this possible? Register new TPMS sensor to ECU without any tool? Or is crasher17 saying that tires must be inflated and deflated right before registering the codes with a tool?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 484 Old 03-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
It is my understanding that 09/10 Corolla could only accept one set of TPMS.
If a new set (say with winter tires) is to be used, the ECU is needed to be re-programmed by the dealer to accept the new set. The old set (with summer tires) is erased from from the ECU.
If the old set (with summer tires) is to be used again in summer, the ECU is needed to be re-programmed.
Then you need to go the dealer twice a year (summer and winter).

Wonder if Camry could accept two sets of TPMS at the same time?
post #50 of 484 Old 03-04-2010, 03:32 PM
TN Post Wh*re

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7 View Post
It is my understanding that 09/10 Corolla could only accept one set of TPMS.
If a new set (say with winter tires) is to be used, the ECU is needed to be re-programmed by the dealer to accept the new set. The old set (with summer tires) is erased from from the ECU.
If the old set (with summer tires) is to be used again in summer, the ECU is needed to be re-programmed.
Then you need to go the dealer twice a year (summer and winter).

Wonder if Camry could accept two sets of TPMS at the same time?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!
post #51 of 484 Old 03-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Then I think that it is a mistake of Toyota again for Camry because they have no consideration for users with two sets of tires (summer and winter tires) in US and Canada.
post #52 of 484 Old 03-06-2010, 06:39 AM
New TN User

Is there a way to completely shut off the Tire pressure monitoring system? Personally, for me, I find it completely useless
post #53 of 484 Old 01-10-2011, 09:10 AM
New TN User

suspend TPMS, defeat TPMS, disable TPMS

The following procedure describes the tools, materials and technique to suspend the TPMS on a 2010 Toyota Corolla race car. You will build a plastic pressure vessel that maintains a uniform air pressure on the sensors. This vessel, constructed of 3” PVC pipe, must be carried in your vehicle in order to transmit the proper signal to the car’s computer.

This modification is strictly intended for use in competition vehicles for use only in sanctioned motor racing activities. TPMS is a valuable safety assist for motorists. Remove the assembly described here along with competition tires before returning the vehicle to public roads.

I am not responsible for any damage or injury to you or your car.

The TPMS sensor described here is “Pacific” brand, model number PA66-GF33. Its dimensions are:

BTW, this sensor weighs 1.3 ounces, so when you replace it with a conventional rubber stem, you must rebalance the tire/wheel assembly.

Materials List:

3” x 4.5” section of Schedule 40 or Schedule 80 PVC pipe
3” PVC cap*
3” female weld/thread coupling
3” threaded plug
PVC cleaner, primer and cement
J B Weld epoxy
Schrader valve, such as McMaster-Carr part number 8063K31
One 1/8” NPT hex nut and M10 washer.

* fittings must be “thick wall” style, suitable for water supply, not “thin wall” style, used on drain pipe. This photo illustrates the difference. Thick wall is 0.239”, thin is 0.118”.

Seal one end of the pipe with the cap. Caution: PVC pipe is expressly prohibited for use with compressed air. The fact that many home and automotive shops use PVC pipe for this purpose should not lull you into sloppy assembly techniques. All materials must be clean and at room temperature. Use PVC cleaner and primer on both surfaces before cement, per the manufacturer’s instructions.

Attach the coupling to the other end of the pipe. Allow these joints to cure undisturbed for 24 hrs. at room temperature. Be careful to join and cure the assembly with the coupling “up”, so that the threads are not contaminated with cement.

Drill a 3/8” hole in the center of the pipe plug. Use a drill press to ensure a clean, straight hole.

Mount the Schrader valve in the hole. A little JB Weld on the threads and under the washer won’t hurt. Use a box wrench and socket to apply sufficient torque to the valve (7/16”) and nut (½”). Allow the epoxy to cure for 24 hours at room temperature.

Place the 4 sensors in the container, cushioned with some paper. Bubble wrap or foam will be crushed by the air pressure. Cement the plug, and allow to cure for 24hrs. Pressurize the assembly with a bicycle pump to 30 psi. Submerse the assembly in a bucket of water to check for leaks. Mount the assembly securely to the race car chassis, and include its removal procedure on your post-race checklist. Reset the TPMS system in the car upon arrival and departure from the race track with the procedure described in the Owners Manual.

The threaded plug is used on this assembly because the thick wall of this pipe and connectors prevents a conventional rubber Schrader valve from seating. The threaded valve described here requires two parallel flat surfaces, well-provided by the square hole plug. I originally tried to use pipe dope and/or Teflon tape to seal the plug, but the joint could not withstand 30 psi. The threaded coupling would have made battery replacement easier. You may have better luck with this joint, but the cost of the assembly is so low that total replacement is insignificant.
post #54 of 484 Old 03-06-2011, 11:20 AM
New TN User

No factory installed TPMS on 07 TCH ???

Hi,

My 07 TCH does not have the tire pressure light, nor does it has the little reset button in the glove box. I bought this car used, and I am wondering what is wrong ? The book does not say it was an option and seems to assume that all TCH should have the TPMS...

Please advise,

Thanks
post #55 of 484 Old 03-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Senior TN Member

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
According to Edmunds,iseems to be and should be standard equipment.
Check the Safety column here on Edmunds

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry-...tyle=100701540

'11 Camry Hybrid Classic Silver/Ash
Moonroof | NAV | Leather | JBL Audio | XM | Blue Tooth | OEM Remote Start | Michelin Primacy MXV4
'11 Honda CR-V EX-L w/NAV 4WD Glacier Blue/Gray
Leather | Remote Start | Fogs | Premium Sound | XM | Wood Dash | Michelin Primacy MXV4
post #56 of 484 Old 03-06-2011, 11:54 AM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
According to Edmunds,iseems to be and should be standard equipment.
Check the Safety column here on Edmunds

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry-hybrid/2007/features-specs.html?style=100701540
You are right... however, my car is a Canadian Car, but I doubt it changes anything on that point... I am confused...
post #57 of 484 Old 03-06-2011, 01:06 PM
AML
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
The light should be in the lower right corner of the instrument cluster. The TCH does not come with the TPMS reset button like other models do. This is interesting.

2015 Camry XSE Ruby Flare Pearl
post #58 of 484 Old 03-06-2011, 04:00 PM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AML View Post
The light should be in the lower right corner of the instrument cluster. The TCH does not come with the TPMS reset button like other models do. This is interesting.

Dang... I don't see that light.... What's wrong you think...
post #59 of 484 Old 03-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Camry Freak

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 844 Post(s)
The reset button is in the glove box. The TPMS was standard equipment in all Camry cars in 2007 in the United States. I am not sure if Canadian models have this feature.

1998 Camry LE (Sold), 2007 Camry Hybrid, 2016 Accord Coupe
post #60 of 484 Old 03-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
The TPMS reset button on my 2007 TCH was near the left hinge of the glove box. If the Canadian model don't have the button, then evidently it wasn't included as standard equipment when the car was new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid