GENERAL Camry Hybrid questions - Page 17 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry Hybrid Discussion area for the Toyota Camry Hybrid. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving Americas favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

 11Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 247 Old 12-06-2018, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
ukrkoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 5,162
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Thanks: 39
Thanked 436 Times in 383 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
What is your daily commute and where do you live? They are not for every driving situation.
cb91710 likes this.



ukrkoz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 247 Old 12-06-2018, 07:44 PM
New TN User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
What is your daily commute and where do you live? They are not for every driving situation.

2004 Corolla and I just get rid off BMW 2011 328i 6speed. I live in North Jersey near NYC.
zajac1 is offline  
post #243 of 247 Old 12-07-2018, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
ukrkoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 5,162
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Thanks: 39
Thanked 436 Times in 383 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
I didn't ask what is your daily commuter. I asked what is your daily commute. City only? HWY only? Hills and valleys? How long is commute one way? How loaded is the car? As in - how much weight it hauls on daily commutes.



ukrkoz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #244 of 247 Old 12-07-2018, 01:03 PM
New TN User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I didn't ask what is your daily commuter. I asked what is your daily commute. City only? HWY only? Hills and valleys? How long is commute one way? How loaded is the car? As in - how much weight it hauls on daily commutes.

Sorry for that misunderstanding. I guess mix of city and hwy. Mostly fair surface. Milage may vary cause i'm driving to different places. Car is not loaded at all.
zajac1 is offline  
post #245 of 247 Old 12-07-2018, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
ukrkoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 5,162
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Thanks: 39
Thanked 436 Times in 383 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Ok, so here's the wisdom. If you drive a lot in the city, especially stop and go traffic and lights, do not buy hybrid. If you drive short commutes, do not buy hybrid. If you drive in very cold weather, do not buy hybrid. That's the gist of it. Mine did average 40-42 with mixed 25/75 backroads/FWY and few city miles.

Thye shine ONLY at cruising below 45mph on long free road stretches.



ukrkoz is offline  
post #246 of 247 Old 12-15-2018, 10:42 PM
New TN User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I live in suburban Southern California. I have a 2018 LE Hybrid. I regularly get 50+ MPG in mixed city driving. Oddly, the more traffic, the better my gas mileage. I once got 65MPG in heavy rush hour traffic driving 30 miles on the 405. Even going 70+ on hilly freeways I get 45MPG. I don't baby it. I drive it just like my other cars. If you baby it, its easy to get high 50's.


The only thing I don't have experience with is cold weather. It never gets below 40 here. But I've read that lots of short trips in cold weather can significantly reduce gas mileage. The combustion engine comes on when it has been sitting in the morning and stays on until the coolant reaches operating temperature.



In pretty much all normal driving conditions, the hybrid is still going to get significantly better gas mileage than an equivalent non-hybrid.



Quote:
Originally Posted by zajac1 View Post
Hi all of you forum members.


I'm planning to buy Toyota Camry Hybrid cause of the high mpg. I never own hybrid vehicle. Any advices what I should look for and what to avoid while buying used Camry ?? What generation is worth it to buy it ??



Best regards
hbsprite is offline  
post #247 of 247 Old 12-16-2018, 12:22 PM
New TN User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbsprite View Post
I live in suburban Southern California. I have a 2018 LE Hybrid. I regularly get 50+ MPG in mixed city driving. Oddly, the more traffic, the better my gas mileage. I once got 65MPG in heavy rush hour traffic driving 30 miles on the 405. Even going 70+ on hilly freeways I get 45MPG. I don't baby it. I drive it just like my other cars. If you baby it, its easy to get high 50's.


The only thing I don't have experience with is cold weather. It never gets below 40 here. But I've read that lots of short trips in cold weather can significantly reduce gas mileage. The combustion engine comes on when it has been sitting in the morning and stays on until the coolant reaches operating temperature.



In pretty much all normal driving conditions, the hybrid is still going to get significantly better gas mileage than an equivalent non-hybrid.

thanks hbsprite for your opinion
zajac1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

  Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Hybrid Forum > Camry Hybrid

Bookmarks

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome