Help Me Decide - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Camry & Solara Lounge Discussion area for every generation of Toyota's family car, the Toyota Camry. Lexus ES250/300 owners welcome! Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-10-2018, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Killa Camry

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Help Me Decide

I've been super loyal to Toyota. An inline 4 '06 Camry was my first car. After several other Toyotas in between, I ended up going back to that model year about 2 years ago because I loved it so much, except it ended up being an '06 Camry SE V6. At some point I felt like it was missing newer amenities and wasn't where I wanted it to be on fuel consumption, so I bought a new Prime. I use the Prime every day but have had the SE still on hand as I put money into it to refresh it and don't want to sell it at a loss. I drove it again for a long drive recently and fell in love with it again. The Prime is amazing in every way possible except it feels...sterile, for lack of a better word. The SE is *fun* to drive.

But I need to be realistic. The SE will never be a true sports car and I can't expect it to be. It will need to go. So what would be a car that I could get that could be a daily driver and yet not feel like the fun of driving was sucked out of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-10-2018, 06:58 AM
AllThingsToyotaEnthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
Gen6

If you want sportiness but don't need the Family Car attitude, Toyota/Subaru FR-S would be perfect. I know it doesn't scream Stop Light performance, but there aren't many machines out there at this price that can handle corners as well as it can. However, if Stop Light performance is what you are seeking; there are plenty of those high horsepower - turbo'd machines out there. Not many choices on the Toyota side of the house - as you might have to switch brands or pony up some big bucks for upgrading the power-plant of a Toyota.
I can tell you as I have both a 2007 XLE Camry and a 2011 SE Camry both with the V6 2GR-FE and the '11 SE has a much sturdier performance standard than the 2007 XLE and that 2GR-FE V6 is a super fine engine! Add an iThrottle controller to the gas pedal and you'll be convinced you're rolling around in a high performance Lexus! <-- Or just upgrade to an attitude driven Lexus. Like the IS350 or the GS460 of course, go with a used one as miles don't really matter for Toyota engines/drivetrains. Both my Camry's are over 150k and still drive like the day they were made.

Last edited by tlamot01; 05-10-2018 at 07:01 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamot01 View Post
If you want sportiness but don't need the Family Car attitude, Toyota/Subaru FR-S would be perfect.
I second this. 205 HP RWD is pretty rad for a new light car.

Or you could mod your existing vehicle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > Camry & Solara Lounge