2007 Corolla Door Trigger Wire Location??? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Audio, Video, and Security - Tech For the electro-techies and the bass heads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 11-26-2018, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Last night I attempted to install a Viper 2-way remote starter/alarm system in my brothers 07 Corolla after his car was broken into in his driveway. First step was to locate all necessary wires for the install, most of which were easy to find. I noticed the door lock wires didn’t correspond to the wiring diagrams I found from bulldogsecurity.com and the12volt.com, but I probed the connectors behind the kick panel and found the correct ones. I could not locate the door trigger wire, so I went ahead and wired everything besides the door trigger, deciding to come back to it later. I finished everything else up, the starter is programmed and working great, door locks work great, bypass module works great... only the door trigger wire was never found so the alarm doesn’t work. I was up until 3am looking for that stupid freakin wire, I back probed so many connectors and even tested every wire going to the gauge cluster thinking I could tap off the door open warning light. Nothing worked!!!

Every wiring diagram I’ve found says the same thing. They say there is a red/white wire on the back of the interior light switch next to the steering wheel... this car doesn't have an interior light switch next to the wheel, only dimmer/power mirror/TPMS switches. I have also found info stating it’s a red wire at the 10-pin connector in front of the interior fuse box... there are no connectors in the front of the fuse box, only on the side of it. I did find a 10-pin connector on the side of it of which I probed every wire and none of them were the door trigger or dome light supervision. Has anyone else run in to this? Does anyone have access to Directechs.com so they can look up the wire color and location for me? I’m at my whits end with this stupid car! Production date is 01/07 so maybe it has 06 hardware? But those diagrams look the same. I’m so frustrated! Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Redline870; 11-26-2018 at 01:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Audio, Video, and Security - Tech