Toyota Key and Remote FOB Programming - Help Needed - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Audio, Video, and Security - Tech For the electro-techies and the bass heads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 12-19-2018, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Toyota Key and Remote FOB Programming - Help Needed

Recently I upgraded my 2009 Sienna to a 2016 Sienna. My 2016 did not come with 2 sets of keys and remotes. I was frustrated to find that newer Toyota's do not have on-board (no special equipment required) programming techniques for keys and remotes.

So, I'm working on a key/remote programming product that people can rent to for do-it-yourself programming of keys and remotes. The idea is to save a lot of money compared to dealership and locksmith prices. This can be especially useful if you only have 1 key/remote and need another one, but don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for it from the dealer.

I have confirmed its ability to work on a number of vehicles but have not yet been able to test whether it works for many Toyota, Scion, and Lexus vehicles. I'm looking for people interested in helping with beta testing of this programming device. You can see vehicles I've been able to test so far on this website - if it's not listed, I probably need help testing. If you are interested in learning more about potentially helping, please contact me via email: mike <at> tomskey.com.

https://tomskey.com/pages/how-to-pro...ys-and-remotes

For a beta test, I'll send you the programmer, key and remote and walk you through trying the programming. This device doesn't cause any problems for your vehicle computer - it just sends singles requesting programming mode. Many Toyota's use the same signals and it allows programming. Others don't accept the request from my programmer and it doesn't allow programming.

For reference, here's a video on my YouTube channel introducing the idea:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Audio, Video, and Security - Tech