Oil Filter 2008 Scion XD - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Scion xD Forum Discussion area specifically for the Scion xD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 Old 10-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Jack View Post
Georgenfla:

Can you be more specific about the oil filter wrench you bought @ Auto Zone that you used on the Scion XD to change oil..Part number, etc..?? Please give full details concerning the oil filter wrench. Thanks.
65mm 14 flute oil cap wrench 3/8 drive. I found one at Advance Auto parts for about $7

09 Corolla Matrix 1.8l Dual VVT-i 5spd Manual Sundance Metallic - Alpine CDA 9883 - TRD drop in - Enkei BMBT 16" Alloys new addition: '93 2.4L Pickup Reg Cab 2wd

Farewell to my old Prerunner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 07-29-2009, 09:34 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
AutoZone sells an STP and a Fram filter for the XD. I have not looked under the car yet but I have purchased the filter. What is this gasket that is involved in the oil change? Like I say I have not looked under the car yet but I have been changing my own oil for about 50 years and have never found it to be a very big deal.
post #18 of 24 Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Official TN Member

there is a replaceable o-ring on the oil filter housing. Also a crush washer for the oil drain plug, but you can reuse the crush washer a few times before replacing.

09 Corolla Matrix 1.8l Dual VVT-i 5spd Manual Sundance Metallic - Alpine CDA 9883 - TRD drop in - Enkei BMBT 16" Alloys new addition: '93 2.4L Pickup Reg Cab 2wd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 Old 11-22-2009, 10:08 AM
New TN User

I have changed the oil on my granddaughters XD twice an both time I got the filter from autozone. I also got a filter wrench from them that fits. Just take the filter cap to the auto parts and get the wrench that fits. As for the little drain plug in the middle of the filter cap, it is in too tight to remove without turning the whole filter on my Sienna and the XD most of the time so I just let the oil drain down the side like other cars.
post #20 of 24 Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 AM
New TN User

Filter Wrench for the XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhog View Post
65mm 14 flute oil cap wrench 3/8 drive. I found one at Advance Auto parts for about $7
Thanks, in the mean time I purchased one online, for $25.
post #21 of 24 Old 09-10-2012, 06:09 PM
New TN User

Hey Admin

You have a post in here where a guy who owns a TUNDRA gives advice about how to fix a SCION and it's wrong. You know it's wrong. Some one else pointed out that it's WRONG, but you leave it in here. Thanks a lot you flipping idiot. I read that post then went to the store (half an hour drive one way and gas is $4 a gallon) and bought the 65 mm oil "wrench". I got back under the Scion and of course the 65 doesn't fit.

You put all this effort into all of this website, and then you leave bad data up there?

Idiots.

Looking For A Better Forum To Talk About Owning, Operating and Maintaining My Scion,

Steve
post #22 of 24 Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 PM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClueAdman View Post
Hey Admin

You have a post in here where a guy who owns a TUNDRA gives advice about how to fix a SCION and it's wrong. You know it's wrong. Some one else pointed out that it's WRONG, but you leave it in here. Thanks a lot you flipping idiot. I read that post then went to the store (half an hour drive one way and gas is $4 a gallon) and bought the 65 mm oil "wrench". I got back under the Scion and of course the 65 doesn't fit.

You put all this effort into all of this website, and then you leave bad data up there?

Idiots.

Looking For A Better Forum To Talk About Owning, Operating and Maintaining My Scion,

Steve
I do not think the admin actually reads the posts.
post #23 of 24 Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Official TN Member

The 65mm should fit dude. That is for the 2zrfe engine. Anyway nice first post dude and welcome to the community.

post #24 of 24 Old 09-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Safe under my blankie..

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClueAdman View Post
Hey Admin

Idiots.

Steve
Well, to answer your post......The ONLY thing that he's doing different is using the little plug that is supplied with the other cartridge filters that toyota has.

You must have purchased a junk wrench. 65MM, 14 flutes. It's been said here more then once. Just because your wrench doesn't fit because you opted to buy one of poor quality doesn't mean that we're wrong. If you want a good one, get one from a tool truck like Matco, Mac or Snap on. If you really want a good one, spend the 45 dollars on the one from Kent-Moore specialty tools that supplies Toyota Dealers.

Maybe you should have read the entire thread before assuming that the ONE post you read was the Be-All, End-All of oil change procedures.

The post was left there for a reason. When it was posted, the xD was still quite new and no one had written anything on the change yet. If you look, I made a comment on the differences but you clearly didn't read that far......

If you're looking for a different forum because you didn't read this one, go to ScionLife.com or Scionxdforum.com or Scionride.com or Scionevolution.com. Thank you for your one and only post about how wrong we are. Have a nice day.

And I DO read the posts.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ONCE-LER
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not."

Last edited by HATEnFATE; 09-17-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Division and International Models Forums > Scion Forum > Scion xD Forum