Toyota Nation Forum banner

Transmission jumps in idle

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bherring 
#1 ·
Has anybody experienced this? I'm stopped at a light and after a moment, it feels like the truck jumps. I believe the transmission is "jumping". It's weird and I have never experienced this in any vehicle before. I have an 08 Toyota Tundra V8 5.7l

#2 ·
Welcome to the forums! :)

Is this a 2WD or 4WD? Any aftermarket mods installed like lifts or bigger tires? Was there any maintenance perfromed prior to this issue? How many miles on the vehicle? Has yer vehicle been in an accident before? Does it do it when the engine/trans temp is cold or hot? Does it happen all the time? Does it happen when you go above a certain speed and then come to a stop? Does it still do it if you shift to neutral? Do you know if yer ATF level is at the correct level? How was it checked and who checked it? ;)

Is there any way you can safely shoot some video of the issue? ;)

#3 ·
Mine does the same thing. 2008 Tundra double-cab base with the 4.0 V6, automatic. Sitting at a light and it seems to jump. The truck doesn't actually move forward but it feels like it would if my foot wasn't on the brake. It's very intermittent but very noticeable when it does it.
260k miles on it now and it's done it for years.

These are my answers to your questions:

No aftermarket mods or bigger tires
No maintenance performed, it's been doing it for years
260K miles now
No accidents
Seems to be when it's warmed up.
Does it happen all the time? It's very intermittent. Maybe once every 3 or 4 months?
Does it happen when you go above a certain speed and then come to a stop? Mine is always at a stop light, in town driving.
Does it still do it if you shift to neutral? Never know. It's not repeatable on demand.
Do you know if your ATF level is at the correct level? I've never checked. No transmission problems or reason to.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.