Toyota extended warranty a joke! - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Feedback: Buyers, Sellers, Vendors, etc. Want to bitch about Toyota. Transaction gone bad? Want to vouch for someone? Post your feedback towards Toyota corporate, shops, or individual buyers and sellers.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By mark888

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-01-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Toyota extended warranty a joke!

Anyone else have a problem getting reimbursed for work done that was covered under an extended warranty? I have been trying for three years to get reimbursed for the sunroof switch that went bad in my wifes 2012 Camry. They keep giving me new excuses every time I send or resend the information They ask for. The last was that files that I emailed and were opened and read now are corrupted. I had the dealership call them and they used the same excuse that they could not make out the information the dealership sent them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-03-2019, 10:35 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Depending on how much the repair was your best bet is to have a lawyer send a letter with a demand for the payment. That usually does it 99.9% of the time.

I am lucky as we have a family friend that is one. Most will have a paralegal type on up for $50 or so.

2006 Camry 3.0L XLE 245,000+ and counting.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 12:34 AM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kklob View Post
Anyone else have a problem getting reimbursed for work done that was covered under an extended warranty? I have been trying for three years to get reimbursed for the sunroof switch that went bad in my wifes 2012 Camry. They keep giving me new excuses every time I send or resend the information They ask for. The last was that files that I emailed and were opened and read now are corrupted. I had the dealership call them and they used the same excuse that they could not make out the information the dealership sent them.
Sounds like you do not have the Toyota Motor Extended Warranty (which is technically called the Toyota Vehicle Service Agreement). With the Toyota VSA, you don't have send anything to anyone, since the repair work is performed by an authorized Toyota dealer.

Third party warranties are often rip-offs (even if sold by a Toyota dealer).
nhcycle likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 05:19 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
That's the problem with dishonesty. There is a tipping point where people just assume everyone is dishonest. I gave people a one year warranty, period. Some would ask about mileage, unlimited. Kept it simple and honored it, with a single exception, Proveable owner abuse.

A guy calls me about an alternator warranty. When he comes in the charge wire from the alternator is burned in two. Battery terminals are spot melted from reverse polarity jump starting. I spliced the burned wire and told him what had been done. Of course he denies everything. That was your warranty expiring, had you done that to a new car it would NOT be covered by warranty since it is obvious proveable abuse and ignorance is NOT an excuse.

The charging system still worked but the potential damage COULD have totalled the car.

In 14 years I never warranted a Nissan factory rebuilt alternator, $5 million in repairs over that time period.

So glad I don't have to deal with casual liars these days.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Hmmmm..... starts a thread.... 1st and only post....dumps and runs...... didnít have an actual Toyota-branded warranty - dealer would have billed directly unless OP violated warranty terms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Commerce > Feedback: Buyers, Sellers, Vendors, etc.