2017 Lexus LC 500 is a Spicy 467 HP Flagship Coupe - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-11-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2017 Lexus LC 500 is a Spicy 467 HP Flagship Coupe

Quote:
The brand-new Lexus LC 500 is a spicy-looking flagship luxury coupe, a production version of the companyís LF-LC concept that debuted back in 2012.

According to the press release, this 2+2 underscores the brandís ďpassionĒ and strongly indicates where Lexus is going in the future.

Engineering and design teams worked extra closely while developing this machine in order to avoid watering down the original conceptís dashing good looks.

The LC 550 features a brand new architecture thatís purpose-built for enhanced dynamics and performance. Called the premium rear-wheel-drive luxury platform, this global structure will serve as the basis for the companyís upcoming front-engine, rear-wheel-drive vehicles.

Riding on a 113-inch wheelbase with an overall length of about 188 inches, this vehicle is a couple inches smaller than a Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe, but itís in the same ballpark.

Keeping unwanted mass in check, a carbon-fiber roof is optional, glass is standard. Additionally, the door skins are made of aluminum, while the inner supports are carbon fiber. A composite trunk floor further reduces weight, as do run-flat tires, which eliminate a cumbersome spare.

Amazingly, this advanced engineering has graced the LC 500 with the stiffest unibody structure Lexus has ever produced Ė itís stiffer than the carbon-fiber intensive LFA supercar, and thatís nuts!

Near 50-50 weight distribution enhances this vehicleís driving dynamics, as does a low center of gravity. Twenty-inch wheels are standard, 21s are available.

Under its graceful hood, the LC 500 features a familiar 5.0-liter V8. With forged connecting rods and 32 titanium valves clacking away, it delivers 467 horses and 389 lb-ft of torque. This powerplant is matched to a newly developed 10-speed automatic transmission, which is smaller and lighter than rival eight-ratio units. All of this engineering goodness can deliver a zero-to-60 spring time of just 4.5 seconds.

And there you have it; thatís a quick look at the all-new 2017 Lexus LC 500 coupe. What do you think? Is this the star of this yearís Detroit auto show or is the Buick Avista more interesting? Thatís a tough question Ö
Read more about the 2017 Lexus LC 500 is a Spicy 467 HP Flagship Coupe at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-15-2016, 02:27 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
that chyt is ugly mayne

When I grow up I wanna be like Peter Finn
2005 Corolla
post #3 of 3 Old 01-15-2016, 02:29 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
or should I rather say.. I'm not digging the style at all. I guess it's too futuristic but it should grow on people. Lexus never could make a nice coupe. The old coupe sucked too and the is250 coupe is an overpriced weird is

When I grow up I wanna be like Peter Finn
2005 Corolla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Nation Forums > Toyota News & Site News