post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-2016, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Need ac

My 79 Corona came without ac and I need to know if anyone know if I can find an ac kit anywhere to add air. Too hot in Alabama to be without ac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple toyotas View Post
My 79 Corona came without ac and I need to know if anyone know if I can find an ac kit anywhere to add air. Too hot in Alabama to be without ac
I'm going through this same issue right now with my '96 Tacoma. Awhile back, I did find a Nippondenso Tacoma AC kit online, for $1700. OUCH!
But even if you wanted to spend that kind of cash, I doubt there's an AC kit listed anymore for a '79 Corona.
I think your best bet would be to get everything off a junked Corona, if you're lucky enough to find one with AC in a salvage yard. Some parts, like the AC compressor and bracket may also be found on a late '70s to early '80s Toyota pickup or Celica with the 4-cylinder engine.
If you strike out at the yard, Try eBay or craigslist, in case someone's trying to get rid of a Corona parts-car.
You could also try RockAuto. They may still have some of the more common parts, like the AC compressor and filter-drier.
For me, Tacomas haven't been easy to find in salvage yards. I finally managed to get a Tacoma compressor, evaporator unit, and one hose at my Pick-N-Pull. But by the time I found that truck, it had been pretty well picked clean.
In my case, most of the AC hoses, condenser and filter-drier are still listed at RockAuto, at reasonable prices. But if I strike out with the other salvage yards, I may have to get the compressor bracket, drive pulley, and a couple of the metal AC lines from Toyota. That's $$$$$.
Good luck.

Happy Motoring, Mark

Last edited by Mark D.; 02-27-2017 at 12:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corona Forum