Need a windshield for a ‘71 Corona coupe - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corona Forum Specific discussion of the Toyota Corona

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-28-2019, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Need a windshield for a ‘71 Corona coupe

Please advise which Toyota years and models have the same windshield as a 1971 Corona Coupe. Need to find a donor....or new W/S.
Thank you

Last edited by BMR; 03-01-2019 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Add detail to subject
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-28-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coronasun View Post
Please advise which Toyota years and models have the same windshield as a 1971 Corona Coupe. Need to find a donor....or new W/S.
Thank you

Wow! 86 hits and no replies. Not the right forum for me. Thought there was knowledge here? I'm out.
post #3 of 18 Old 02-28-2019, 10:50 PM
DIY Dad: if it has things, I'll tinker with it

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1133 Post(s)
Supreme Member
Garage
Sorry, most of us must have been at jobs between the 1:55 AM and 6:31 PM time frame. Oh well.
TrailDust likes this.

Camry Mod

THIS

'15 4Runner SR5 (1GR-FE)
'09 Camry SE 2.4L (2AZ-FE)
'97 Tacoma XL 4x4 Ext Cab 2.7L (3RZ-FE) - Manual
'97 Ford Explorer XLT V6 SOHC 4.0L 4x4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 02-28-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCamry View Post
Sorry, most of us must have been at jobs between the 1:55 AM and 6:31 PM time frame. Oh well.
I said 86 hits at the time I posted the second time. That's 86 members had no clue. Just sayin.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-28-2019, 11:01 PM
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Supreme Member
Garage
Quote:
I said 86 hits at the time I posted the second time. That's 86 members had no clue. Just sayin.
This is an open forum... they were not all Corona owners, which make up a tiny percentage of users.

'13 Corolla S Premium Complete BSP
'01 Camry XLE V6 Black (Her's 06+)
'12 Corolla S w/ Nav MGM (15-16)
'98 Chevy Prizm base Green (06-15)
'97 Camry LE I4 Gold (Her's 03-06)
'85 Pickup SR5 (Family truck 89-18)
post #6 of 18 Old 02-28-2019, 11:06 PM

Supreme Member
Garage
Bud - you have a 48 year old car, I doubt people have the answer for windshield compatibility for vehicles that old on their nightstands. 86 hits is not much - curiosity as to what the post will draw many hits. Your post is titled "Windshield". That is all someone sees before they click the post and read it. I have one of those, as do the other 86 people that clicked that very informative title. I guess you could have gotten 86 replies that said "I don't know" and you would have felt better.

Wish I could help you, but I have absolutely no idea. I would have to do a Google search or ask a dealer - just about what most would need to do.

Camry Mod

THIS

'15 4Runner SR5 (1GR-FE)

post #7 of 18 Old 03-01-2019, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Bud - you have a 48 year old car, I doubt people have the answer for windshield compatibility for vehicles that old on their nightstands. 86 hits is not much - curiosity as to what the post will draw many hits. Your post is titled "Windshield". That is all someone sees before they click the post and read it. I have one of those, as do the other 86 people that clicked that very informative title. I guess you could have gotten 86 replies that said "I don't know" and you would have felt better.

Wish I could help you, but I have absolutely no idea. I would have to do a Google search or ask a dealer - just about what most would need to do.
I stand corrected. I am sorry. I did search the internet for 4 days. Nothing. I thought that this was a Corona Forum only. The pull down menu says that. I thought that there would be many other cars: corolla, etc. because the pics on the internet look like same windshield. I rushed to judgement. thanks to all. I have 131 hits now and 6 replies. All admonishments. I've been told off.
tooSavvy likes this.

Last edited by coronasun; 03-01-2019 at 12:05 AM.
post #8 of 18 Old 03-01-2019, 04:44 AM
Brit, in Bitz!

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
UK

Feel your pain, m8

I got flamed for popping up in the wrong section.... My bad: As 'my' car isn't on this forum [by model name on my shell] I thought it was equivalent to Camry..

Ah, NO, it is actually a Corona [Carina II in Europe only]... And, heyy, no one in the U.S. has seen one!

Ah well..... Big sellers in OZ! [but not as Carina II]

Keep at it, don't lose heart

2sav

TOO MUCH POWER is not quite Enough!

Last edited by tooSavvy; 03-01-2019 at 04:46 AM.
post #9 of 18 Old 03-01-2019, 08:51 AM

Supreme Member
Garage
Quote:
I stand corrected. I am sorry. I did search the internet for 4 days. Nothing. I thought that this was a Corona Forum only. The pull down menu says that. I thought that there would be many other cars: corolla, etc. because the pics on the internet look like same windshield. I rushed to judgement. thanks to all. I have 131 hits now and 6 replies. All admonishments. I've been told off.
You may have, but have you tried the windshield repair companies? Of all businesses out there, they probably stand the best chance of having the info you need.

Camry Mod

THIS

'15 4Runner SR5 (1GR-FE)

post #10 of 18 Old 03-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I bought an Echo with a bad manual steering rack bushing. Checked Toyota, found the listed part number and started searching. No luck anywhere in the USA, couldn't even get a rebuilt manual rack. Kept searching and found a new factory bushing in the United Arab Emirates> Only problem was the shipping was $125 bucks for a $6 part that is not much more than 2 inches cube in size.
Kept checking and they realized the shipping error and dropped it to $13, BUT IT NOW SUCKER. Fixed the rack. I had stuffed a piece of Ford shippinging density foam, it scavenged out of a dumpster. Now my granddaughter is driving that Echo and I got another one.

My suggestion, depending on how bad you want that windshield and what you are willing to spend.

See if you can find the factory part number and-or the part number from the USA (NAGS ?) glass manufacturers. There is a windshield somewhere but it may be on the other side of the planet and shipping could get very expensive. Mexico may be a good bet, just a guess, but good luck in your search, hope this helped.
post #11 of 18 Old 03-01-2019, 09:08 AM

Supreme Member
Garage
It's no big deal to be in the "wrong" area, and some areas span multiple variants or years. The issue is posting a generic thread title that does not tell the potential viewer anything about what they are about to read, then being miffed that people actually took their time and clicked the post to read it but did not leave comment as they had no answer (and most likely had no idea of what they were about to read to begin with). If the post title had stated "Need help identifying 1971 Corona windshield replacement" then people would have a pretty good idea of what the post was about, and you have less chance of a bunch of people opening the post just to see what it is about.

Also, to be spun up and demean the site because an answer was not provided inside of 1 day is a bit much, even if 1,000 people had viewed the post. People are providing free information here, on their own time, to complete strangers. And there are actually people that post up informational threads that contain info and answers for folks, not just "I need" posts. Maybe some of those 86 people thought they were about to be told some great nugget of info about "windshield", and once opened saw it was an "I need" post, and had no answer to give. Those same people had the kindness not to spam the post with "Dunno" over and over again, requiring the OP to scroll through something like 7 pages of "I don't know" posts, wasting his time as well, when he thinks someone may have answered his question. Having the 0 replies info meant he knew there was nothing substantive to provide him.

The site exists to share information and help each other out, but it is not a "give me my answer NOW" kind of thing, and some basic civility and common sense go a long way in making it a functional spot on the interwebs. I encourage both of you to stick around and keep posting your questions and solutions/experience up for others. But if you don't get an answer on something that is not likely to be common to the vast majority of vehicle owners, well take it in stride and hope for better luck next time.

Good luck! We always appreciate it when people post up the solution to their issue as well, so future other's can benefit. I am not a mod in this forum area, so can't edit the thread title, but will ask the mods that do have that power here to do so to make it clearer for others what, specifically, you are looking for. That will help to drive people that may have the answer to the post.

Camry Mod

THIS

'15 4Runner SR5 (1GR-FE)

The Following User Says Thank You to SFCamry For This Useful Post:
maethor1337 (03-04-2019)
post #12 of 18 Old 03-01-2019, 10:32 AM
BMR
Sheriff of Mayberry

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1871 Post(s)
Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,927 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
OP’s thread title edited to add some detail.

I tried looking here for a p/n, which would then allow you to use their reverse lookup function to see what years/models used that same p/n, but for ‘71 it only lists the Land Cruiser.
TrailDust likes this.

2015 RAV4 Limited, AWD, tech pkg, Barcelona red metallic, 65k miles
1996 Avalon XLS, ABS brakes, super white II, acquired w/ 139k, now at 399k
1992 Camry LE, V6 (3VZ-FE), ABS brakes, dark emerald pearl, owned since new. Replaced HGs @332k, totaled at 384k miles
post #13 of 18 Old 03-01-2019, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
It's no big deal to be in the "wrong" area, and some areas span multiple variants or years. The issue is posting a generic thread title that does not tell the potential viewer anything about what they are about to read, then being miffed that people actually took their time and clicked the post to read it but did not leave comment as they had no answer (and most likely had no idea of what they were about to read to begin with). If the post title had stated "Need help identifying 1971 Corona windshield replacement" then people would have a pretty good idea of what the post was about, and you have less chance of a bunch of people opening the post just to see what it is about.

Also, to be spun up and demean the site because an answer was not provided inside of 1 day is a bit much, even if 1,000 people had viewed the post. People are providing free information here, on their own time, to complete strangers. And there are actually people that post up informational threads that contain info and answers for folks, not just "I need" posts. Maybe some of those 86 people thought they were about to be told some great nugget of info about "windshield", and once opened saw it was an "I need" post, and had no answer to give. Those same people had the kindness not to spam the post with "Dunno" over and over again, requiring the OP to scroll through something like 7 pages of "I don't know" posts, wasting his time as well, when he thinks someone may have answered his question. Having the 0 replies info meant he knew there was nothing substantive to provide him.

The site exists to share information and help each other out, but it is not a "give me my answer NOW" kind of thing, and some basic civility and common sense go a long way in making it a functional spot on the interwebs. I encourage both of you to stick around and keep posting your questions and solutions/experience up for others. But if you don't get an answer on something that is not likely to be common to the vast majority of vehicle owners, well take it in stride and hope for better luck next time.

Good luck! We always appreciate it when people post up the solution to their issue as well, so future other's can benefit. I am not a mod in this forum area, so can't edit the thread title, but will ask the mods that do have that power here to do so to make it clearer for others what, specifically, you are looking for. That will help to drive people that may have the answer to the post.

You call yourself Moderator? You blast me, I apologize to the entire forum, and after that you blast me again? You repeated what has been said. Time for you to shut up and go away. Go back in the basement.
Thank you to the Moderator BMR for fixing my title. Can you please delete this thread and cancel my registration.

Last edited by coronasun; 03-01-2019 at 12:30 PM.
post #14 of 18 Old 03-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Do you feel lucky?

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7721 Post(s)
Thanked 8,678 Times in 6,108 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Wow! 86 hits and no replies. Not the right forum for me. Thought there was knowledge here? I'm out.
Quote:
Quote:
You call yourself Moderator? You blast me, I apologize to the entire forum, and after that you blast me again? You repeated what has been said. Time for you to shut up and go away. Go back in the basement.
Thank you to the Moderator BMR for fixing my title. Can you please delete this thread and cancel my registration.
Your wish is our command. People like you with a bad attitude aren't welcome on any internet forum, and you just need to be gone--permanently--from this one. Good luck finding a fix for your car!

I think instead of deleting your thread as requested we'll keep it around as an example of what happens when a jackass with a bad attitude joins an internet forum. You, sir, are a teachable moment.
BamZipPow and lburton like this.

-------------------------

2008 Highlander Base 4WD
2002 Avalon XL
1987 Suzuki Samurai 4X4 - Treading where no Jeep can follow....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrailDust For This Useful Post:
funman1 (03-02-2019), maethor1337 (03-04-2019)
post #15 of 18 Old 03-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Toyota Collector

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 2454 Post(s)
Thanked 1,375 Times in 1,284 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

2000 Lexus ES300 Millenium Edition
1990 Camry LE V6 Anniversary Edition 5-Speed
1990 Camry LE V6 WAGON
1987 Camry LE I4 5-Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corona Forum