Corona Owners Intoductions - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corona Forum Specific discussion of the Toyota Corona

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 46 Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Dongskie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Hello everyone!

I own a 1979 Coroba Wagon I acquired from a retiring doctor. Did a paint wash-over in metallic blue back in '98 and then the rust started to come out in 2004 after several years under the sun and rain because I didn't have a roofed garage.

Engine is a 12RM (low compression/LPG capable/Asia Only) I heard that one of Toyota's engine with the highest regard for reliability and strength.

This car is a perfect runner and passes the emission test every year, still lucky to keep that emission under par... thanks to Ethanol mixed unleaded fuels!

Good day to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 Old 01-28-2010, 03:33 PM
New TN User

Thumbs up 69 Toyota Corona Mark II

Hello Everyone!
My name is Nikki and I have owned 2 Toyota vehicles the only two cars I've ever owned.
Right now I have a 69 Toyota Corona that I am trying to sell. It just isn't the car for my daughter and I. But I just got some new pics posted!
And I am located in Grass Valley, CA

Check out my Pics! And the car you won't be disappointed.

http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss339/miss_skittles/
post #18 of 46 Old 09-30-2010, 07:33 AM
New TN User

My name is Kris. I've owned quite a few cars, but i've only ever owned 2 toyotas, an 87 MR2 and just recently picked up a 74 Corona Mark II.

i hate to cheat, but here's my intro (copy + paste style)

"How's it goin?
I recently came across a '74 corona mark II sitting in a junkyard here in Okinawa. Finding anything older than mid 80's in okinawa, in decent shape is a pretty tough thing to do, but this just happened to pop up. I decided to sell my S14 and buy this beautiful piece of history.
I have some pretty decent knowledge of classic cars, but, mainly american classics, so I've come here to see what kind of info i can find regarding older toys.
That's about all i can think of for now...so..."

There are more pics in that thread if you'd like to see them
https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=358871
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 46 Old 11-10-2010, 10:07 AM
New TN User

Hello All. My name is Craig and I have had 6 pre 86 toyota, 4 of which have exceeded 500,000 miles. My current toy is a 77 Corona HT. I fell into a 20R block which had never been used, but had been bored .50 over with .50 pistons and a balanced crank. Once I had this I realized that I had enough parts laying around to build a motor, so I chose the best of 4 heads, had a 5 angle valve grind done, mild porting on the intake side. Webber 32/36 progressive downdraft carb, and a Headman header. Oh yea, and replaced the points with an optical sensor/electronic ignition. So, at 480,000 miles I replaced the engine because I could, not because it was needed original engine ran great. This is pretty much my daily drive, but I tend not to drive it in the rain or snow.

I would love to upgrade the stock low-back bucket seats with some high-back ones out of a corolla or celica. so if anybody has some......

I have the shock in front and leaf's in the rear setup, so any suggestion on how to improve the ride/handeling is also much appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig

Oh yea, and the AC still works!!!

Last edited by craigjoh; 11-10-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: bad speller
post #20 of 46 Old 12-19-2010, 11:29 AM
New TN User

New to the corona's

Ti & Teresa, aka T-n-T here, Boise Idaho, we just purchased our 78 wagon on CL for $825.00 pretty much as it is in our pics.
Found most of the missing little bits at a local salvage yard including a 32/36 weber with adapters for $21 total.
I am not new to the wonderful world of Toyata's, had 76 celica the met a telephone pole years back and I used to own the ugliest 76 hilux ever, it was a Boeing runway truck that did not have a license or see a street for the first twenty years of its life had roughly 350,000 and didn't have a square inch area on it with out a dent or rust spot but it ran like a top, best $200 I ever spent. Sold it for $350 after driving it for two years.
post #21 of 46 Old 08-15-2011, 05:16 PM
New TN User

Hey there. I'm Steve, 53 and have a Tacoma and two 77 Corona Wagons. My first is a manual that's modded with a Weber carb and lifted for use in Mexico where we Winter.. It runs nice but is rusting badly by now as we live on the coast. My second Corona is it's replacement, with an auto trans and has not been modified in any way yet. It's in very good stock shape mechanically, but it's from Arizona and all it's rubber and plastic is shot. I'm just getting it going and looking for some stuff. I'll post a new thread to ask.

Cheers,
Steve
post #22 of 46 Old 09-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Official TN Member

1973 corona

Hi all,
I'm usually in the tacoma forum. I just picked up a '73 Corona,2d,18RC,auto,w/ac all stock. I posted a few pics in the Gallery

Irvin
post #23 of 46 Old 10-29-2011, 06:25 PM
New TN User

Hello all. I am now the proud owner of my grandmother's 1969 Corona 2-door coupe. It has 51K miles on it. She bought it used in 1971 with 36K miles on it. It is on awesome shape for a 42 year old car.

What are some online sources for any parts or information about a Corona this old? I live in Kansas City, not exactly the heart of Toyota country.

I am looking forward to interacting with other owners.

Later...
post #24 of 46 Old 10-31-2011, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Corona is gone.

Lifetime Supreme Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo_710 View Post
Hello all. I am now the proud owner of my grandmother's 1969 Corona 2-door coupe. It has 51K miles on it. She bought it used in 1971 with 36K miles on it. It is on awesome shape for a 42 year old car.

What are some online sources for any parts or information about a Corona this old? I live in Kansas City, not exactly the heart of Toyota country.

I am looking forward to interacting with other owners.

Later...
TORC is a good place, talk to Carlyn.

http://toyotacluborg.proboards.com/i...?board=coronas

Bryan
86 Hilux LE (blue)
Other Toyotas : 79 Corona DLX sedan (Mint green), 89 Corolla DX sedan (wine), 88 Camry V6 LE sedan (blk), 86 Hilux std bed (wine), 82 Celica GT hatchback (bwn), 78 Celica GT coupe (slvr), 76 Corolla SR-5 coupe (wht)

Last edited by 79Corona; 10-31-2011 at 01:05 PM.
post #25 of 46 Old 01-20-2012, 04:47 PM
New TN User

hello!

Hi guys, thanks for having this Corona forum up, very cool!

My only car is a 1980 Corona dx, I posted in the gallery, but here is a pic also. I bought it in 2010 with only 100k miles from an original owner, in near perfect condition, put swapped out the stock carb for a Weber. Loving the getting used to owning an older car again.
Things I'm thinking about are: I noticed some clunkyness in the driveshaft and rear end which I will have to learn more about. Also the weber has no fuel shut off and when i park it in my 1 car garage it sometimes smells like gas in there. Possibly also because I think it's running a bit rich. Only getting 21mpg, kinda weak, but during summer it seems to improve to 25 *shrug*.
Sweet perfectly working stock stereo! (but wired mono?) 4 speaker am/fm system, thinking about adding in a little sub amp and speaker, but I kinda like it just the way it is, especially when listening to classic rock.
Was there ever a cassette option? would be kinda cool to install a stock.
thanks again
Josh (Colorado)

Last edited by bwjunkie; 01-20-2012 at 04:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bwjunkie For This Useful Post:
79Corona (03-14-2012)
post #26 of 46 Old 02-16-2012, 04:34 PM
New TN User

Howdy

Howdy from Atlanta!

I spent a lot of time in old Toyota wagons as a kid, and so naturally as an adult I figure I might as well get one and fix er up. I've mostly been spending my time on old Toyota trucks - on my 5th 1st gen 4Runner - this one an 88 with the 5VZ swap, had a 76 FJ40 and now a 95 FZJ80 - and figured it's time to give a wagon a try.

Traded a 1990 Audi V8 Quattro for a 1978 Corona Wagon a couple weeks back and been trying to get it back on the road.

Look forward to learning and helping!

-Ted
The Following User Says Thank You to mehugtree For This Useful Post:
79Corona (03-14-2012)
post #27 of 46 Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 AM
New TN User

1978 Toyota Corona Sedan 5 Speed

Rather than repeat the wheel, my new member post is below. Pretty STOKED owner of a 1978 Toyota Corona. Runs solid, no dripping fluids and only bad thing about the interior is the rear seatback which I'm having a hard time finding online so at some point will just get it redone.

Got a ton of upgrade parts to install and still need to do a tune-up but love this car and am glad to see other nice Corona's!

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/5-...ta-corona.html
post #28 of 46 Old 07-28-2012, 03:12 PM
AZH2O

New Corona owner here. From Tucson, AZ. Just traded my bug for a 78 Corona. I like it so far and there's a lot of fun ahead with restoring/customizing this car. It's also my first Toyota ever. Here is a pic of what she looks like now.... (click to see fullsize)

The Following User Says Thank You to NerdyIntentions For This Useful Post:
79Corona (08-10-2012)
post #29 of 46 Old 09-30-2012, 07:52 PM
owner of a Corona 1980

can any one tell me what is the maximum size of wheel and rims can a toyota corona 1980 Handle ..?
post #30 of 46 Old 01-02-2013, 06:57 PM
New TN User

Volkswagen guy bought a toyota

Name is cory.. Vwsnaps is my alter-ego internet forum name.

I traded a few of my VW projects for this 1979 Toyota Corona Wagon - i think i am 3rd owner , 67k original miles , runs awesome.. previous owner i got it from - decided to " CUT " the front springs and remove the rear leaf springs to lower it - it rides like CRAP !!!!

Anyways - i am a professional photographer in Nebraska.
I also have a car hobby website - www.volkshole.com i buy sell vw / bmw / audi parts and sell them on ebay , take what i need from the car then part out the rest of the car.. i have car A.D.D. probably owned 500 cars i think - even if owning it meant i was parting it out....

Ive had alot of cars. Here is a list i need to update
http://volkshole.com/?page_id=51

I am going to post up a few questions about this Corona i just bought...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corona Forum