Got my account settings straightened out, "My password had expired." Here is the new thread...
I'm working on getting the quickie mechanic to put the old one back on, since that likely wasn't the problem.
Just ordered 4 new injectors, too....
HERE IS THE ORIGINAL POST:
I NEED YOUR HELP!!! My 93 1.6 won't start when hot...
Hi y'all! It has been a while, but now I need your help, and this site is better than the snooty Oil site, sadly. My 93 1.6 I wasn't there when it happened, but, short version.. it basically (from what I was told
- Stalled on the road
- Wouldnt start back up
- Had to be towed
- Started next day
- Ran poorly
- Had distributor changed .
From what I saw, and could recreate:
- Car started right up. Seemed to idle fine. Fluids look good.
- Idled for a nice long time. I pressed the gas to rev it, and it died...
- Wouldnt start back up.
- About an hour later it did.
- Tried the gas again.. died.
- Then it wouldn't start back up, no matter what.
- Tried starting fluid, didn't seem to make a difference at the end... not sure if I sprayed it in right. I know you need a lot.
Fuel injectors? Fuel? Jumped a tooth on time?? What's up? This is the first time the car has done anything like this.
Got a brandy new distributor on it.. what would you next do?