Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-23-2019, 11:37 AM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
It's the wiring harness, you could zip-tie it to make it so that it does not move much. I don't know where the proper OEM spots are to zip-tie it so that is up to your discretion. Given the age, there is potential for wires to become brittle and crack (correct me if I am wrong) and that is more likely if the wiring harness is moved a lot.
Pete Suhman likes this.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2019, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
GHT
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangm25 View Post
It's the wiring harness, you could zip-tie it to make it so that it does not move much. I don't know where the proper OEM spots are to zip-tie it so that is up to your discretion. Given the age, there is potential for wires to become brittle and crack (correct me if I am wrong) and that is more likely if the wiring harness is moved a lot.
Well I just discovered that there are also screws missing for the intake manifold part too and that there was a vacuum leak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-23-2019, 02:37 PM
DrZ
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
There are 3 places the wire harness is attached. It looks like you identified 2 of them. The one place in between the #2 and #3 intake and the other under the #4 intake. This second one is actually supposed to be a stud threaded into the hole in the intake and a nut holding the harness to the stud, but with corrosion the stud probably came out with the nut.

The 3rd place is a stud and nut on the little water pipe behind the water pump. Your hand was right next to it at the beginning of the video. You probably could have felt it if you moved your fingers a couple inches closer. Here's a picture showing the stud on the pipe with the pipe & water pump removed.

The intake manifold itself is held to the block with 9 nuts/studs or bolts. 4 bolts are directly below each of the intake ports. The other 5 are equally spaced on top between each port and one on either end. (Easy to see these.) The outer 2 are studs/nuts. The inner 3 are bolts.

The EGR pipe/passage (if you have it) is part of the intake and this has 2 nuts/studs holding it in place with a separate gasket.

All of these are standard size metric threads. I don't know the exact sizes. 5mm, 6mm or 8mm diameter threads maybe?

P.S. I noticed in a picture you posted in another thread that the battery wasn't secured with the hold down. Are you missing that or it just wasn't installed? Seems like you're missing a lot of little fasteners!
Chris94 likes this.

1990 Corolla DX sedan, 4A-FE, 3-speed auto A131L
233,000 miles and counting...

1997 Corolla DX sedan, 7A-FE, 4-speed auto A245E
214,000+ miles

Last edited by DrZ; 05-23-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 7th Generation (1993-1997)