Toyota Nation Forum banner

Toyota Corolla dx 1.8 aut 1995

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Apples555 
#1 ·
Which motor mounts are good for my car

#5 ·
The right and left mounts are the most important to prevent vibrations. Maybe the right side mount more so. The front one is easy to replace, so if you roll the dice with a cheaper mount it will at least be easy to replace if it wears out or breaks fast. The rear one is most difficult to replace, depending on transmission. If you have 4-speed auto it is difficult to replace, involving dropping the crossmember, unless you have the engine out already.

#6 ·
It's funny how this was almost a weekly question on this forum a few years back. It seems like everyone went through a wave of replacing the mounts back then. DIYs were written, arguments about mounts, makers, liquid vs non-liquid (passenger side mount IS liquid filled OEM), torque values - discussions went wild.

Is this post a sign of a second "mount wave"? :)

#7 ·
No. haha

The original Toyota mounts seem to last many years, maybe 20. Time may deteriorate the rubber more than mileage. Have any of us that replaced the mounts with Toyota parts had to replace them again?

#10 · (Edited)
Even with new mounts, I still have (light) engine vibration especially through the steering wheel. It's more vibration than any other car I've ridden in or driven, though most of the other cars I've experienced have bigger engines with more cylinders or they are significantly newer.

Do you all experience vibration in your Corollas at idle?

#11 ·
Even with new mounts, I still have (light) engine vibration especially through the steering wheel. It's more vibration than any other car I've ridden in or driven, though most of the other cars I've experienced have bigger engines with more cylinders and are significantly newer.

Do you all experience vibration in your Corollas at idle?
What little steering wheel vibration at idle I had went away with the new harmonic balancer / crank shaft pulley. I wouldn't recommend shelling out the money for a new one unless you need it though, as it was quite expensive. But since mine separated and failed I was left with no other option, so the vibration fix was a welcome silver lining.

To DrZ's point about 20+ year old rubber, that's likely why the new balancer made a difference too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.