*** Official New Member Introduction Sticky *** - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corolla 8th Generation (1998-2002) Specific discussion of the 8th generation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-18-2019, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Do you feel lucky?

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7758 Post(s)
Thanked 8,691 Times in 6,117 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
*** Official New Member Introduction Sticky ***

This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum. Please keep this thread strictly to introducing yourself, and if you have a mechanical issue that needs assistance right away then please post a new thread in this forum.

Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation!

-------------------------

2008 Highlander Base 4WD
2002 Avalon XL
1987 Suzuki Samurai 4X4 - Treading where no Jeep can follow....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-25-2019, 12:17 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1501 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDust View Post
This introduction sticky thread is meant for new forum members to introduce themselves to their fellow Toyota Nation members, but in particular to members in this specific vehicle model forum.
Thank you, and welcome to Toyota Nation!
Thanks, but what about existing members who need to introduce their selves?

What this nonsense means is that I might be spending some time on this page since I've just gotten a 2000 Corolla CE.

Before this I drove a 1993 Corolla which I unfortunately need to get ready to take to the junk yard because the right rear trailing arm pulled its mounting point away from the body/floorpan.
And before that I had a rusty old '90 Corolla which succumbed to rusty fuel and brake lines, but I didn't join TN until a few months after I'd gotten the '93.

So my 2000 is kind of beat up, and has a crappy sounding JVC AM/FM/CD player in it. Today I'm planning on Robbing the license plate screws off of the '93 so I can put my new plates on the 2000, and I think I will pull the Toyota AM/FM/cassette from the '93, and put it in place of the JVC. The JVC appears to go too deep into the dash, causing the bezel panel to stick out. At least whoever installed it actually got the speakers hooked up correctly as far as the balance and fader go! But I think the 12V+ constant might not be connected. And I'm afraid the JVC might attract thieves/break-ins, so it's definitely out of there!

So let's see how long this car will last me. It says it's got only got 133,000 miles, but it's pretty beat, both cosmetically and mechanically.

2000 Corolla CE Automatic
2005 Mustang GT Premium coupe, 5 speed
1988 Mustang GT 5.0. 5 speed, lots of mods
1977 F150 Straight 6, 3 on the tree
post #3 of 3 Old 02-25-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Do you feel lucky?

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7758 Post(s)
Thanked 8,691 Times in 6,117 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Suhman View Post
Thanks, but what about existing members who need to introduce their selves?

What this nonsense means is that I might be spending some time on this page since I've just gotten a 2000 Corolla CE.
Actually, that works out perfectly because that was one of the reasons we decided to close down the general intro forum and instead create intro stickies in every car model forum. That way, new members can introduce themselves to the members in the Gen forum they'll be participating in, but also it is meant for long-time members who often purchase another Toyota model like yourself and then participate in a Gen forum they never visited before. Your intro is a great example of the latter.

So welcome to the 8th Gen Corolla forum......Pete, but you get no welcome to TN.

-------------------------

2008 Highlander Base 4WD
2002 Avalon XL
1987 Suzuki Samurai 4X4 - Treading where no Jeep can follow....
The Following User Says Thank You to TrailDust For This Useful Post:
Pete Suhman (02-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 8th Generation (1998-2002)