2002 chevy prizm throttle cable/kickdown cable assembly/reassembly? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corolla 8th Generation (1998-2002) Specific discussion of the 8th generation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 06-08-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2002 chevy prizm throttle cable/kickdown cable assembly/reassembly?

my throttle has been sticking pretty bad only on startup after it has sat for a few hours (I have to hit the gas pretty hard to get through it, but then after that it is smooth). I have cleaned the throttle body, and sprayed a little bit of lithium grease on the throttle cable. looking at it, it seemed like the grease gummed up the assembly? so I took it apart to clean it and now I don't know how to put it back together. huge facepalm, I should've taken a picture so that I could reference it, but I just need to know how the springs go back in to put it back together. if anyone could share a video of this assembly being taken apart (I can't seem to find any) or even a picture of their assembly for me to reference, that'd be amazing!

UPDATE: got it back together, it was idling high but that was only because the nut was too tight so it was pulling the cable a bit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190608_124911216.jpg (959.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by avellone5; 06-08-2019 at 08:36 PM. Reason: update/resolved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 8th Generation (1998-2002)