post #1 of 3 Old 04-15-2019, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
91 derprolla build talk

Hi everybody I bought a 91 corolla base and my plan for this car is to build something fun and cheap and maybe over time get serious about it. This is the first car Ive been able to modify so Ive put on some cheap ebay suspension to lower the car and an intake. I know the parts are crap but its fun.

I was in the junkyard and noticed that the intake manifolds of the later 4afes are different and look like they can flow more air. Thought about buying a manifold and seeing if it will fit my older head. Does somebody know if that would work or would I have to buy the head to match up proper.

I know this is getting long but I saw Summit has cheap pacesetter 4-2-1 header and I wonder if anybody has used them and what was their experience. Im willing to give them a shot though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-15-2019, 07:32 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
2nd gen 4AFEs have a different head altogether, along with the change in intake manifolds.... so it wont fit. You have to use a 2nd gen head and intake to make it work there.

aftermarket headers.... no comment... most tubular headers that are available here in the Philippines are custom made..... but what most people say is that a 4-2-1 header will give you more med rpm response if properly designed (ie, pipe lengths are calculated and cut exactly for primaries, secondaries and collectors for the engine type and desired response you want)... most say that the 4-1 headers give more high rpm response than the 4-2-1 so it will really depend on that you prefer.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-15-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you I was thinkin about buying a spare head to work on anyway so that might be the way to go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 6th Generation (1988-1992)