2010 Corolla XRS Passenger Air Bag Recall - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corolla 10th Gen/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) A place to discuss all things 10th Gen Corolla and 2nd Gen Matrix.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By THEWISEONE
  • 1 Post By Skidoorevxp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-12-2019, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2010 Corolla XRS Passenger Air Bag Recall

Hello all....i own a near new 2010 Corolla XRS with only 35,000 KMS on it. Im the original owner and just drive it in the summer time only. As i work in the customer service industry....i have hundreds of customers i deal with on a daily basis....all the Corolla"s especially my year of vehicle that come through me....i ask if they got their passenger airbag replaced and have had any after issues......almost all had told me that they now hear funny rattles and squeeks that werent there before. Im afraid now to even get mine done..............anyone out there good or bad experiences, i would like to hear....thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Garage
No rattles on mine yet. Get it done ASAP because if the airbag deploys, pieces of metal can fly off and kill or injure your passenger.Also, you could be held responsable for his or her death if you ignored this recall.
Also,while the technician is under there for the air bag ,he also check the condition of the cabin air filter.The rattles could be related to a poor installation of the cabin air filter.There is a lot of debris caught in that filter...leaves,twigs etc that can make noise when the blower is in use.
stvotw likes this.

Last edited by THEWISEONE; 04-12-2019 at 10:48 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-13-2019, 03:49 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
09 Corolla, had mine done and no issues here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-13-2019, 06:02 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2013 Corolla S I worried about that too--factory is your best build on a lot of things--and I delayed quite a while for that reason. That was easy, since I virtually never have a passenger. But I was going to take a road trip with some friends, so I bit the bullet and took it in. Happy to say I've had no problems at all.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 10:43 PM
Corolla Freak

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
I had it done on my 2011 Corolla as well as my mom's 2011 Corolla. I brought both to a well known Toyota dealer near me and they did a good job on both it seems. I've had no new squeaks or rattles on both cars. My recommendation is to find the best Toyota dealer near you with good reviews concerning their service department. If you do notice anything after the work is done, bring it back ASAP.

By the way, that's a nice XRS you have. 35,000kms is insanely low mileage for that car!

2011 Corolla CE (5 Speed Manual)
post #6 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 11:40 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Had my passenger air bag replaced a couple weeks ago when I took it in for the state inspection, took them about an hour to do the whole thing, no new squeaks or rattles, take it to the Toyota dealer in your area that seems to be the one that goes the extra mile, not the one everyone hates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SupremeCorolla451 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 10th Gen/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013)