2010 AWD Matrix Rear Sway Bar bushing inner diameter size in Millimeters? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corolla 10th Gen/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) A place to discuss all things 10th Gen Corolla and 2nd Gen Matrix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-14-2019, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2010 AWD Matrix Rear Sway Bar bushing inner diameter size in Millimeters?

I don't have a caliper to measure my rear sway bar for my 2010 AWD Matrix.

I have a new pair of Energy Suspension Polyurethane sway bar bushings (they are marked as 18mm, model 5041). This pair was left over from another car I used to drive, but I never had the time to install them, so they're brand new sealed in bag.

Would Energy Suspension Model 5041 18mm sway bar bushings work on the 2010 AWD Matrix? I've tried searching the forum for the AWD rear sway bar diameter size in millimeters, but can't find anything.

I just replaced my torn up front rubber sway bar bushings with Polyurethane bushings by Energy suspension. However, for FRONT sway bar bushings, they always list "24mm" in the product description, including Energy Suspension. As for the rear sway bar bushings for the 2010 AWD matrix, a ton of brands, including moog, don't bother to mention an important detail about their product - the inner diameter for their rear sway bar bushings. Kinda annoying. If I could confirm that the rear sway bar diameter for the 2010 AWD Matrix is 18mm, I will try to use these left over 18mm polyurethane bushings that I've had from an old car I no longer have.

Just trying to save some money if possible. Does anyone know the inner diameter for the rear sway bar bushings for the 2010 AWD Matrix?

Last edited by moocow; 05-14-2019 at 02:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-14-2019, 05:11 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Piece of light wire (string stretches), wrap around sway bar, mark the length of one turn around the bar.

Measure the length of the one turn of wire in millimeters with a ruler that has a metric scale.

diameter in mm = Length of wire in mm divided by 3.1416

d = c/Pi

01 Avalon XL
03 Avalon XL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 10th Gen/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013)