Code p2195 o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Corolla 10th Gen/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) A place to discuss all things 10th Gen Corolla and 2nd Gen Matrix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-23-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
USA Code p2195 o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1

I have matrix 2009 xrs 2.4L
Three sign pop up, check engine, traction control and the vcs off. I went to autozone they said the code was p2195, something wrong with o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1.
Please someone tell me where is the o2 sensor B1S1, and if someone have the same problem please reply this thread
Thank's in advance guys,...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 PM
New TN User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mataram99 View Post
I have matrix 2009 xrs 2.4L
Three sign pop up, check engine, traction control and the vcs off. I went to autozone they said the code was p2195, something wrong with o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1.
Please someone tell me where is the o2 sensor B1S1, and if someone have the same problem please reply this thread
Thank's in advance guys,...
since it's the same engine that's in the scion tc, the Bank 1 Sensor 1 o2 sensor is right on top of the exhaust manifold. The 2nd sensor is under the car. P2195 is according the service manual from Toyota
Oxygen [A/F] Sensor Signal Stuck Lean [Bank 1, Sensor 1. Toyota calls the first o2 sensor the "air fuel ratio sensor", just to let you know.

basically they had this problem on the tC, there was a bad batch of sensors made, and the only way to fix it was replacing the sensor. You could get it from the dealer but it would probably be a lot of money, or check out trdsparks.com (Toyota dealer wholesale prices online), or page toyota parts wholesale online http://www.toyota-parts-dealer.com/ now if you wanted to go with aftermarket i believe Denso is the supplier of that part. Rockauto.com would have that at a good price.

hope that helps!

Last edited by sciontc_mich; 04-03-2013 at 08:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sciontc_mich For This Useful Post:
Mataram99 (04-05-2013)
post #3 of 4 Old 04-05-2013, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Thank's for your post,.. It was really helpful, i change the sensor and now my car run smooth. I reset the check engine light by unplug the negative battery cable for 5-10 minutes, the check engine light never come out since then.
I got the parts from rockauto.com they are prety cheap and fast shipping to.

Last edited by Mataram99; 04-05-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-04-2013, 12:03 AM
2009 Matrix S

O2 sensors are a common issue on most any car these days, not just Toyotas. They are one problem that is 99% of the time just involving a straightforward replacement of the sensor which to most handy people can be easily done by themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Corolla 10th Gen/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013)