Extended Warranty - Page 22 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Venza Forum Discussion area for the Toyota Venza, a new crossover sedan vehicle. (2009+ model year)

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #316 of 327 Old 10-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Starts with the original in service date and mileage of the vehicle. I bought the maximum year but only up to 100k. We will have it well over 8 years and 100k, but at the mileage per year we are doing now the 125k warranty would not suit us unless our driving patterns change.

2014 Toyota Venza LE | Attitude Black Metallic | 35 % Tint | 42,000

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #317 of 327 Old 10-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Extended warranties are like life insurance: You are betting you are going to die before age 65, the insurance company is betting you will live. The odds are in very much in favour of the the insurance company in this bet.
-TM-

'13 Venza V6 Touring/JBL/Nav
Classic Silver/Black Leather
post #318 of 327 Old 10-26-2014, 02:24 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cars bought at non Toyota dealerships - can still get extended warranty

Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone has bought a used Venza at a non Toyota dealership and then purchased a Toyota warranty from Toyota directly. Is this possible and if so, are there any complications of doing this?

Also, anyone actually used their warranty? I'd be interested to know how much your repairs were to get an idea of how often the warranties were actually used.

Thank you!
Tom McLean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #319 of 327 Old 04-08-2015, 07:19 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Venza at 75,000 miles, helicopter sound when go above 40mph
Got Platinum Warranty 125K for from Jerry.
*Front Strut Replaced,Hub Sy assy, Bearing, Ring Shock Part $440
*Labor $381
-Toyota VSA Paid $821! My warranty paid off for 1 repair, thank you Jerry.
Streaker likes this.

Last edited by tigone13; 04-08-2015 at 07:20 PM. Reason: miles
post #320 of 327 Old 04-08-2015, 07:24 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[tbrucemac]Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone has bought a used Venza at a non Toyota dealership and then purchased a Toyota warranty from Toyota directly. Is this possible and if so, are there any complications of doing this? I believe your car must be under 36,000 miles, and less than 36 months old, I purchased mine when my car was at 11,000 miles, I just gave Jerry my VIN info, he pulled it up.

Also, anyone actually used their warranty? I'd be interested to know how much your repairs were to get an idea of how often the warranties were actually used. Yes, used it today and my repair for wheel bearing come out to $821.
post #321 of 327 Old 04-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Trunk on my 2010 Venza would not open up all the way. The shockers supporting the trunk gave away. Got them replaced a week ago. The platinum warranty paid for everything - about $450 in cost and installation. I am happy with the warranty and definitely Thanks to Jerry for being such an awesome person to provide such an awesome service. Sucks he can't sell them anymore like earlier!
Streaker likes this.
post #322 of 327 Old 05-21-2018, 05:57 PM
New TN User

Should I cancel my VSA warranty ?

I just bought a 2013 Venza Limited with 68000 miles. The dealer talked me into a buying a 5year/60K miles VSA for $3500 !!

Should I cancel it?

It seems very high after reading the forums.
post #323 of 327 Old 05-22-2018, 08:26 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Way too high! I would definitely cancel it. If I recall correctly, I got my 2012 Venza with 35k miles and payed around 1k for an extended warranty of up to 120k miles. I just traded it in last week with 190k miles for a 2016 RAV4 Hybrid. Never used the warranty. I decided to go without one for the RAV4.

Either cancel it and negotiate a lower price or go without it.
post #324 of 327 Old 05-22-2018, 08:39 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
agreed..rip off...cancel it

2012 V6 AWD Venza
post #325 of 327 Old 05-22-2018, 11:10 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvenza View Post
I just bought a 2013 Venza Limited with 68000 miles. The dealer talked me into a buying a 5year/60K miles VSA for $3500 !!

Should I cancel it? I think I got ripped big time !

I bought my 2013 in 2015 with 27k miles, declined to extend the warranty past 3 years 36k.
They were asking 1600.00 or something and were mildly p!ssed at my decision.

It now has 78k 3 years later and not one problem has come up that needed fixing.
I'd bank the money and take your chances.
What could go that would cost 3500.00?

Last edited by Venza Cruiser; 05-22-2018 at 12:39 PM.
post #326 of 327 Old 05-22-2018, 12:13 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Big time! I doubt they will refund you as they made all their money on the deal on that warranty that costs them $300-400
post #327 of 327 Old 05-26-2018, 10:56 AM
New TN User

Hi everyone. New to this forum.

My short answer would be HELL’NO!!!!!!
But for all good reasons.

I bought a 2010 3.6 venza brand new. I’ve driven 251000 miles on the car. It has given me zero problems. None whatsoever. I didn’t even believe it was possible for an engine and transmission to last that long without repairs. The most incredible part about the quarter million miles is that I have NOT done a single tune up. I have not changed my transmission fluid or radiator fluid. Original spark plugs. Same brake fluid I drove off the lot with. Not a single thing has broken in the engine compartment. Aside from a battery. I live in Las Vegas and the heat kills batteries every two or three years. I’ve changed it once over the last 8 years. A/C is still ice cold. We get 120 degree heat. It’s really rough on cars and my Venza has never left me stranded. Only thing I’ve changed on the car are my brake pads and rotors. My original tires lasted 120,000 miles. I’m on the second set with 130,000 and the rears still look good. Front ones are about ready to change. I also didn’t think it was possible for a tire to last 100k miles. I rotated the tires twice on the original set and decided not to rotate them on the second set. I figured I would just wait until the fronts wore out and see if it made a difference. I will be buying the fronts really soon and i wouldn’t be surprised if rears last another 50k. So in my opinion and experience rotating your tires wears them out faster. I’ve done one alignment at the 200k mile mark but don’t really think I should have. The car actually felt better before they touched it but it was done right and within specs. I’ve changed my rear shocks. I’m a little embarrassed to admit but I’ve changed my oil only 13 times. I do use really good oil though. Mobil 1 Extended Life 15,000 miles Synthetic motor oil. I would try and change it around 15k but I’m sure most of the time it was closer or past the 20k mark. To this day, the car feels just as good as when I drove it off the lot. No loss in gas mileage or power. No weird noises, no issues. Every time I see the odometer it blows my freaking mind. If the car falls apart tomorrow, I got my monies worth. I wonder how much longer can this last, did I accidentally get some kind of prototype? I wouldn’t believe it if I didn’t own it and experience it. Long story short. The car is amazing. I’ve taken the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” saying to an absurd and comical level. I’ve broken every rule in the book for scheduled maintenance and the car doesn’t show it. I do not baby my car. I put it through a lot and have literally tried to ride it until the wheels fall off. They just won’t fall off. I honestly believe the engine and transmission will give 500k miles. That’s how good it feels.

So No I don’t think you need an extended warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Venza Forum