Where is the flasher module located, same as Camry? - Page 2 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Venza Forum Discussion area for the Toyota Venza, a new crossover sedan vehicle. (2009+ model year)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 54 Old 07-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Just getting started...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I did the load resistors in my Corolla but plan to go the LED Flasher Route with the Venza. Subscribed for future reference.

97 Maxima SE
09 Corolla XRS
11 Venza
13 Camry SE
15 Subaru STI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 54 Old 07-28-2012, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Here's a few photo's of the Switchbacks. I disconnected the headlights for the pictures to give them more visual impact. They obviously taken during the day and have much more impact at night. I hope to take a few night shots with the headlights on. The are both 5k (Whites) and match perfectly. Just being rid of the amber bulb up front (when they are off) made a huge difference to me. My preference is to have my headlights as clear as possible.

I wish these were our DRL's and the 9005 was just for the high beam. I know there is a way to make this happen, but I'm not sure how to do it. Does anyone know?

post #18 of 54 Old 07-28-2012, 01:09 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcsorren View Post
Here's a few photo's of the Switchbacks. I disconnected the headlights for the pictures to give them more visual impact. They obviously taken during the day and have much more impact at night. I hope to take a few night shots with the headlights on. The are both 5k (Whites) and match perfectly. Just being rid of the amber bulb up front (when they are off) made a huge difference to me. My preference is to have my headlights as clear as possible.

I wish these were our DRL's and the 9005 was just for the high beam. I know there is a way to make this happen, but I'm not sure how to do it. Does anyone know?

Looks very clean. You should get some plastic caps and paint them your body color for the license plate bolt.s.

2011 Toyota Venza V6 AWD, Premium Package #3, Panormic Roof, JBL Speakers, Oem H.I.D, Tow prep package, Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs, K&N air filter, Toyota Side Door Moldings, Toyota Mud Flaps, Husky floor liners & trunk liners, Curt Hitch, Yakima Roof Rack.

2011 Toyota Venza V6 AWD, Premium Package #3, Panormic Roof, JBL Speakers, Oem H.I.D, Tow prep package, Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs, K&N air filter, Toyota Side Door Moldings, Toyota Mud Flaps, Husky floor liners & trunk liners, Curt Hitch, Yakima Roof Rack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 54 Old 07-28-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmez View Post
....You should get some plastic caps and paint them your body color for the license plate bolt.s.
LOL, I did! They're on in the picture. I got them from bumperplugs color matched to my paint. Since you didn't notice them I guess that's $35 down the drain

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

post #20 of 54 Old 07-29-2012, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)

Last edited by bigcsorren; 07-29-2012 at 12:27 AM.
post #21 of 54 Old 08-07-2012, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmez View Post
Looks very clean. You should get some plastic caps and paint them your body color for the license plate bolt.s..

I wanted to share some before and afters of the plugs I got to fill my license plate holes. I think it really cleaned up the front of the car. (BTW - in California it is illegal to remove your vehicles front license plate. I believe it is referred to as a secondary infraction).

What do you think?

post #22 of 54 Old 08-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Green Eyed Monster

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Supreme Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcsorren View Post
I ended up using 6 ohm load resistors...
When you install the load resistors, do they jump between the black and light green wires or the black and dark green? I don't know which color is for the signal and which is for the park functions. I guess I could get out my meter and figure it out, but since you have already done it, asking is easier!

Also, where and how did you mount the load resistors? Any photos would be very helpful.

My Customized Venza

35% Tints/K&N Intake/Tint Head-Tails/Billet Grille/MagnaFlow CatBack/22" Asantis/265-40R22/Megan Coilovers
post #23 of 54 Old 08-15-2012, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lburton View Post
When you install the load resistors, do they jump between the black and light green wires or the black and dark green? I don't know which color is for the signal and which is for the park functions. I guess I could get out my meter and figure it out, but since you have already done it, asking is easier!

Also, where and how did you mount the load resistors? Any photos would be very helpful.
My wife is currently out with the car. I used a voltage meter to figure it out, but it was a bit of a pain in the butt. I'll snap some photos when she gets home and let you know which wires to clip on to.

I mounted the load resistors to the exposed horizontal portion of the frame, right below the headlights. I used foam style double sided tape. I feel as long as they're on a horizontal surface, that's not near plastic, they should be fine. As a matter of fact, when they heat up they'll make the tape adhere better

The Following User Says Thank You to bigcsorren For This Useful Post:
lburton (08-15-2012)
post #24 of 54 Old 08-15-2012, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Light green is the parking light, black is ground (of course), passenger side turn signal is pink, drivers side turn signal is dark green. This likely goes without saying, but you'll want to add load to the pink/black (passenger side), and the dark green/black (drivers side). I either got lucky with my load resistors, or they aren't polarized, because I paid no attention to what side of the resistor was going to the ground, etc..

Here are a few pictures. The pictures were only taken from the passenger side because the battery limits access to the drivers side. I guess I didn't mount the resistor to the frame on the passenger side, I used the flat surface in front of the wheel well (I'm not sure if this is the correct terminology when referring to the wheel well in the engine bay. I actually googled it, to no avail )

The Following User Says Thank You to bigcsorren For This Useful Post:
singlespeed (01-09-2013)
post #25 of 54 Old 08-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Green Eyed Monster

Supreme Member
Garage
Thanks, I can get some heavy duty double sided tape from work and now I know how to wire them.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

My Customized Venza

35% Tints/K&N Intake/Tint Head-Tails/Billet Grille/MagnaFlow CatBack/22" Asantis/265-40R22/Megan Coilovers
post #26 of 54 Old 08-17-2012, 07:38 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the exact same switchbacks led in my car except i installed the load resisters on the rear indicators this way i was able to hide the resistors and just plug the bulb in at the front. Give it more of a OEM look when you open the hood
post #27 of 54 Old 08-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Green Eyed Monster

Supreme Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak28 View Post
I have the exact same switchbacks led in my car except i installed the load resisters on the rear indicators this way i was able to hide the resistors and just plug the bulb in at the front. Give it more of a OEM look when you open the hood
I like that idea. I assume you have to remove the rear lamp assemblies to do it, unless you can do it thru the access ports for changing the bulbs.

How did you do it?

My Customized Venza

post #28 of 54 Old 08-17-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak28 View Post
I like this idea too. The only thing that worries me is the lack of ventilation, and all that plastic / insulation back there. I'm interested to hear where you mounted them also.

BTW - one of my 2 month old, $25/pair interior 168's started flickering today. It's under warranty, but it's still a hassle.

post #29 of 54 Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For a non DIYer this is all jiberish to me. It's kinda discouraging. I really want led drls, turn signals and reverse lights but I don't understand any of this and not even where to begin. I thought u just shoved a bulb in and away ya go lol
post #30 of 54 Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Green Eyed Monster

Supreme Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzardpearl613 View Post
For a non DIYer this is all jiberish to me. It's kinda discouraging. I really want led drls, turn signals and reverse lights but I don't understand any of this and not even where to begin. I thought u just shoved a bulb in and away ya go lol
For a start, see the sticky thread by bigcsorren titled Venza LED...
Here, you will see that see some bulbs are just plug and play, but turn signals are different.

Be careful buying LED DRL bulbs as some of them are too big in diameter to actually fit into the bulb housing. Look at the V-LED site, their bulbs are expensive, $50-$60 a pair for DRL's, but they guarantee they will fit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide App

My Customized Venza

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Venza Forum