First project a week ago, I washed, clay barred, and attempted to remove all of the wax from the various rubber trims and seals, plus what was caked into every recessed surface on the car. After that I buffed with a clearcoat compound, followed by a machine applied polish, followed by a machine applied swirl remover, and finally hand waxed...whew! The car looks great compared to the condition it was in when purchased.
I followed the exterior with a quickie interior scrubbing, a thorough cleaning needs to happen but it will have to wait until more important projects are done. When I go at it later, I will be removing the front and rear seats so I can fully clean them along with the carpets.
Next project yesterday, was replacing the drivers side CV axle, not too bad of a job. While the car was in the garage, I replaced the brake pads and rotors on both the front and rear. Checked the calipers, they look good for now, if an issue arises, I will replace them. While apart I cleaned and lubed the slider pins.
With the car still in the garage yesterday, I was going to replace all of the cooling system hoses, but found I was missing a couple of heater hoses, so I drained the system and replaced the hoses I had and could easily access and filled with new coolant.
My manual arrived in the mail too late in the day to do much more, but now I know what I have to do to replace the remainder of the hoses, part of that is to acquire a intake gasket set so I can replace the hose that is under the upper intake manifold.
I also replaced the PCV valve and grommet.
Next up will be finishing off the cooling system, replace all four struts, and change out all under hood fluids.