post #1 of 4 Old 06-02-2019, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Avensis trunk problem

Hi guys, need some advice. Recently got Avensis strata 1.6 petrol very basic model, and when battery terminal was disconnected and charged and connected again the trunk of the car got locked. Now can not open it in any way; remote key does not open it, normal key does not open it, there is no any leaver inside the car to open the trunk. Also seems that alarm system does not work, was trying to reset it according to car's manual, but there is no button inside which suppose to deactivate intrusion system. basically I am stuck with car and locked trunk Any help or suggestions please. Btw car right hand drive, and dealership service very expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dako View Post
Hi guys, need some advice. Recently got Avensis strata 1.6 petrol very basic model, and when battery terminal was disconnected and charged and connected again the trunk of the car got locked. Now can not open it in any way; remote key does not open it, normal key does not open it, there is no any leaver inside the car to open the trunk. Also seems that alarm system does not work, was trying to reset it according to car's manual, but there is no button inside which suppose to deactivate intrusion system. basically I am stuck with car and locked trunk Any help or suggestions please. Btw car right hand drive, and dealership service very expensive.
Only going by what I've read since that model is not in the States. If you have a fold down back seat then you can access the truck and pull the release cable that is within reach thru a lighting hole cut-out on the driver's side in the truck, supposedly the second hole back you can reach the cable and pull it. Or squeeze back to the emergency release near the latch itself. Also some say they found instructions in their owners manual to reprogram the key fob after the battery was disconnected or the fobs battery died. I googled your title and it seems to be a common issue (problem)
post #3 of 4 Old 06-02-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hi sdspeed,
Thank you for that, but the problem is, that in this model there is no way to fold back seats, i.e. there is no any leaver or button or something to pull them down. In addition to that in owners manual they say that there are two leavers on the back seats back which can be accessed only when the trunk is open and they can be put in lock position i.e. locking back seats from folding from inside the car. Also there is no button inside the car in order to re program car's alarm. Basically they bring to Ireland the emptiest cars possible with no functionality available in other countries. I mean in US you have so much luxuries in your cars that if somebody will bring Avensis like main here nobody would like to buy it Anyway I will try to google it again, I just thought that in such Toyota loving website somebody has sorted problem like this already. And if that will not work there is always the way to mechanic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-02-2019, 03:49 PM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dako View Post
Hi sdspeed,
Thank you for that, but the problem is, that in this model there is no way to fold back seats, i.e. there is no any leaver or button or something to pull them down. In addition to that in owners manual they say that there are two leavers on the back seats back which can be accessed only when the trunk is open and they can be put in lock position i.e. locking back seats from folding from inside the car. Also there is no button inside the car in order to re program car's alarm. Basically they bring to Ireland the emptiest cars possible with no functionality available in other countries. I mean in US you have so much luxuries in your cars that if somebody will bring Avensis like main here nobody would like to buy it Anyway I will try to google it again, I just thought that in such Toyota loving website somebody has sorted problem like this already. And if that will not work there is always the way to mechanic.
Well you gave me more to work with I'll see what I might find for ya!
This link is by other Avensis owners. The thread is about re-programing the key and how to defeat the immobliser which I think is what is causing you so much grief.
https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/for...y-programming/

Last edited by sdspeed; 06-02-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Division and International Models Forums > International Model Forum > Avensis Forum