New TN User
Join Date: Jan 2019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I have a manual transmission 2007 Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4D hatchback. Replaced the clutch few days ago (original AISIN brand). I hear a 'tatatata' type of noise (like something is loose or shaky, not really loud but also not ignorable) from transmission/clutch region under these circumstances:
- Car is moving at any speed, in any gear.
- Gas pedal released (or pressed, does not matter),
- Start pressing clutch pedal: starting from around 70% pressed to all the way down (including fully pressed), the noise is heard.
- In normal cruise, in any gear, reduce gas (not cut off completely), as rev keeps being reduced, at some point, same noise is heard.
- Single 'tk' sound is heard twice (while pressing and releasing clutch pedal) while changing gears regularly (since clutch is passing that point).
It is like there is a sweet spot of clutch engagement point that generates the sound. Noise was there before I replaced the clutch but it is amplified since then.
What may be the cause?