Noise from clutch after 70% pressed - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Yaris/Scion iA, Vitz and Echo Forum Discussion area for all the Toyota Yaris/Scion iA, Echo, and Vitz owners worldwide.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-07-2019, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Hello friends,
I have a manual transmission 2007 Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4D hatchback. Replaced the clutch few days ago (original AISIN brand). I hear a 'tatatata' type of noise (like something is loose or shaky, not really loud but also not ignorable) from transmission/clutch region under these circumstances:
- Car is moving at any speed, in any gear.
- Gas pedal released (or pressed, does not matter),
- Start pressing clutch pedal: starting from around 70% pressed to all the way down (including fully pressed), the noise is heard.
Or,
- In normal cruise, in any gear, reduce gas (not cut off completely), as rev keeps being reduced, at some point, same noise is heard.
Also,
- Single 'tk' sound is heard twice (while pressing and releasing clutch pedal) while changing gears regularly (since clutch is passing that point).
It is like there is a sweet spot of clutch engagement point that generates the sound. Noise was there before I replaced the clutch but it is amplified since then.
What may be the cause?
Best regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-07-2019, 06:18 AM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Did you replace all the components of the clutch? Disc, pressure plate and release bearing? Is there a noise when pressing the clutch pedal with the engine not running?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-07-2019, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckoff View Post
Did you replace all the components of the clutch? Disc, pressure plate and release bearing? Is there a noise when pressing the clutch pedal with the engine not running?
Hi chuckoff,
I did not replace it myself but I am sure that all components are replaced, I bought them all and handed them to the mechanic.
No, there is no noise while engine is not running. Only while there is rotation and according to my description.
Some say it might be related to the flywheel but I'm not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-07-2019, 09:23 AM
Senior TN Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullah View Post
Hi chuckoff,
I did not replace it myself but I am sure that all components are replaced, I bought them all and handed them to the mechanic.
No, there is no noise while engine is not running. Only while there is rotation and according to my description.
Some say it might be related to the flywheel but I'm not sure.
OK. So, did you tell whoever did the work that the noise was there before the replacement? If so, they should of checked it out. If not, then not sure what to do. I would take it back and get an opinion at the very least.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-20-2019, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckoff View Post
OK. So, did you tell whoever did the work that the noise was there before the replacement? If so, they should of checked it out. If not, then not sure what to do. I would take it back and get an opinion at the very least.
OK, sorry for the delayed response. It will sound really weird but, after some time, front right tire bearing started making a loud noise which surpassed the "supposedly" clutch sound. After I have replaced the tire bearing, the sound is gone! I have no clue how, and why the noise was generated only when the clutch was disengaged, but here it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Yaris/Scion iA, Vitz and Echo Forum