Toyota Echo Mileage Roll-Call - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Yaris/Scion iA, Vitz and Echo Forum Discussion area for all the Toyota Yaris/Scion iA, Echo, and Vitz owners worldwide.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-04-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Question Toyota Echo Mileage Roll-Call

I'm bored and have nothing better to do. So I started this thread (like others have similarly in the PAST, but this is for NOW/Present, not from 2011, heh). It's always nice/cool to get up-to-date mileage polls from all you fine people, especially from the 200K+ group--but don't be shy, if you're not there yet--we/I <lol> still wanna know. So tell the world! How many miles (or km) do you have on your Echo? Let's see how many people respond with their numbers and make their Echos proud!

Please state the year and mileage of your Toyota Echo. Also color and if sedan or hatch if possible (Thank u @zythr !)

I'll go first.

2001 Toyota Echo (Auto) - 223K miles. Black-2Dr. coupe.

Last edited by l33ch; 04-05-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-05-2019, 10:02 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
05 Echo Hatch
315K Kilometeres
post #3 of 12 Old 04-05-2019, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2355 Post(s)
Supreme Member
Cool thread.

Also color and if sedan or hatch if possible.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to zythr For This Useful Post:
l33ch (04-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-05-2019, 04:25 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 01 echo 467k miles
post #5 of 12 Old 04-05-2019, 04:42 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
2-2000 blue coupes, granddaughter's has 213k miles, mine has 164k, both are manuals.

3rd is a 2001 dark green 4dr, also manual, just getting it road ready with 154k miles.

476k miles WOW! None of my 3 use oil, but they are babies compared to that number of miles.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-05-2019, 04:53 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lol. I've taken it everywhere it's a very reliable car. When first got it salesman said just do the oil changes very little else to worry about. Got it in 01 and did first radiator change end of 2018. Even the original shocks were on till Jan of this year
post #7 of 12 Old 04-06-2019, 10:19 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm sort of embarrassed

2004, blue hatchback - 68,000k

Work off the internet, lot of what I need is local. 3 major malls within a few miles

DON
post #8 of 12 Old 05-01-2019, 09:22 AM
I Like Traffic Lights !!!

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
2004 3 door Red hatchback, sold it with 454,000 kilometers on it (283,000 miles) and I still see it bombing around town. (sold it 2 years ago).
2005 3 door Silver hatchback, sold it with 132,000 kilometers on it. (82,500 miles)
2005 3 door Black Hatchback, sold it with 223,000 kilometers on it. (139,000 miles)
2005 4 door sedan dark blue that was totaled in an a accident, 303,000 kilometers on it. (189,375 miles)

My Toyota's ..2006 YARIS RS .., 2006 Corolla LE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Bart68/Sigs/corsig.jpg

Last edited by 05_Echo; 05-01-2019 at 09:32 AM.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-03-2019, 03:30 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
2004 Echo RS hatch 5 speed (blue), 337K. Burns a teensy bit of oil, and only when it's cold (don't have to worry about it driving long distances). Mostly original I think, recently I replaced the tail light bulbs to see if they would get any brighter and they were the original bulbs (and the fresh replacements weren't any brighter lol).

Things for sure I replaced (I took possession of it around 300K): Both front wheel bearings, sway bar links, engine mounts, dashboard speakers (door speakers are still good), holding clip for the hood prop rod, and the bulb for the low temp light (initially I didn't even know that was a thing). Oh and the harmonic balancer which spun loose (suspect it was removed for some reason and not torqued down properly at some point in its life). EVAP is busted but "thanks" to Doug Ford it is a low priority

Edit: OK fine, A/C system doesn't hold pressure either. Will probably fix that in the next month or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post
I'm sort of embarrassed

2004, blue hatchback - 68,000k

Work off the internet, lot of what I need is local. 3 major malls within a few miles

DON
I almost want to see what yours looks like compared to mine. I promise I won't steal any parts

Last edited by TwistedKestrel; 05-03-2019 at 03:38 PM.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-03-2019, 05:57 PM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
2004 Echo RS hatch 5 speed (blue), 337K. Burns a teensy bit of oil, and only when it's cold (don't have to worry about it driving long distances). Mostly original I think, recently I replaced the tail light bulbs to see if they would get any brighter and they were the original bulbs (and the fresh replacements weren't any brighter lol).

Things for sure I replaced (I took possession of it around 300K): Both front wheel bearings, sway bar links, engine mounts, dashboard speakers (door speakers are still good), holding clip for the hood prop rod, and the bulb for the low temp light (initially I didn't even know that was a thing). Oh and the harmonic balancer which spun loose (suspect it was removed for some reason and not torqued down properly at some point in its life). EVAP is busted but "thanks" to Doug Ford it is a low priority

Edit: OK fine, A/C system doesn't hold pressure either. Will probably fix that in the next month or so

I almost want to see what yours looks like compared to mine. I promise I won't steal any parts

Had 3 wheel bearings replaced. Also had the gas down fill spout and shifter cable replaced. Neither of which I was happy with as this happened in year 8 and 9 and never had to do that with any of my previous cars.

Crappy painted rims are chipping. Lost some clear coat on the roof. Seems blue is the most problematic color for this to happen to. It's the color that shows up the most in a search on the problem

Somebody toss a small rock or flew off and up off a truck as there's a nice dent in the hood

Interior still nice and clean for 15 years

DON
post #11 of 12 Old 05-06-2019, 07:19 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post
Had 3 wheel bearings replaced. Also had the gas down fill spout and shifter cable replaced. Neither of which I was happy with as this happened in year 8 and 9 and never had to do that with any of my previous cars.

Crappy painted rims are chipping. Lost some clear coat on the roof. Seems blue is the most problematic color for this to happen to. It's the color that shows up the most in a search on the problem
If you had it since new then your relationship with the car is very different than mine! I didn't expect much but I didn't pay much for it either. I have those original wheels but not installed as at some point the exact same thing happened. If I wanted to spend the time I could maybe sandblast & plasti-dip them... but I don't. :P I see also the bottom of your doors are shedding rust in the same places... but your rear quarter panel looks perfect!
post #12 of 12 Old 05-06-2019, 07:26 PM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
If you had it since new then your relationship with the car is very different than mine! I didn't expect much but I didn't pay much for it either. I have those original wheels but not installed as at some point the exact same thing happened. If I wanted to spend the time I could maybe sandblast & plasti-dip them... but I don't. :P I see also the bottom of your doors are shedding rust in the same places... but your rear quarter panel looks perfect!
No rust on the outside body, but do have some rusting on the inside door at the bottom

Forgot to mention, but 6 months after I got the car. Senior thought someone backing out of a parking spot was going to hit him, so his way of avoiding this was to put his car in reverse and step on the gas pedal. About $3500 damage to the front end

That was the only accident.

Better than the 6 weeks I owned my Tercel when I was rear ended at a stop light

DON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Yaris/Scion iA, Vitz and Echo Forum