Key copying questions - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Yaris/Scion iA, Vitz and Echo Forum Discussion area for all the Toyota Yaris/Scion iA, Echo, and Vitz owners worldwide.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-23-2019, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Key copying questions

I bought my 2010 Yaris used, and the owner only had one master key and one valet key. The master key is a 3 button. The car does not have an alarm. I want a copy of the master key with both the transponder chip and the remote chip as the original master key has. The master key has a dot on the underside.

If I buy a master key with both the transponder chip and the remote chip will I be able to program both chips? There are Youtube videos showing how to program the transponder chip, but I have read that the immobilizer chip for the Yaris cannot be programmed without software.

Where is the best place to buy a master key with both chips? Thanks for any replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-04-2019, 10:40 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by John999 View Post
I bought my 2010 Yaris used, and the owner only had one master key and one valet key. The master key is a 3 button. The car does not have an alarm. I want a copy of the master key with both the transponder chip and the remote chip as the original master key has. The master key has a dot on the underside.

If I buy a master key with both the transponder chip and the remote chip will I be able to program both chips? There are Youtube videos showing how to program the transponder chip, but I have read that the immobilizer chip for the Yaris cannot be programmed without software.

Where is the best place to buy a master key with both chips? Thanks for any replies.
You can purchase both on Amazon and Ebay. Just make sure you get one with the dot.
Also, if you DO get a remote chip, make sure the FCC ID matches the one you're buying (you have to disassemble the remote key to see the number inside)

You can get it cut at a local lock smith but Home Depot and Lowes will no longer cut most car keys.

The Remote can be programmed with the key in and out door open and closed procedure (I can't remember the full cycle)
The Immobilizer has to be programmed with the dealer or through a laptop and OBD2 port with the Toyota program.
It can also be purchased on Amazon.

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Yaris/Scion iA, Vitz and Echo Forum